*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 04:53:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DBL Season IX launch - First Reaction Shout Out Box  (Read 6308 times)
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2004, 08:49:06 pm »

Cause sheep are nice and fluffy. *zips his pants up*

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2004, 11:12:07 pm »

Ehm Aramarth what you say was how we wanted to do it first but it wasn't realizable to integrate this way into the excisting script. So make your bets, and to have a proof just make a screenshot. After the game you submit your scores as you did in the past. The only difference is that you now also enter the bet sheep.

bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
th.Sentinel

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2004, 11:40:53 pm »

mb you can make a seperate thread where ppl can type down their bets.
This way they can't change it, because it will be added and the rest of the community can see how ppl loose their sheep and gain their sheep.  Grin
Who are the biggest gamblers and who are the ...

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2004, 11:57:27 pm »

Well to see who is the biggest gambler,... just use the Matchlist and increase the number of last done cbs and you will see how many sheep each clan has lost and won -> have bet.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2004, 01:04:24 am »

Initial reaction - Dope!

Smiley

King
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 01:04:53 am by c| King.of.Pop » Logged

Grammy award winning killer...
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2004, 01:27:16 am »

Ya couldn't do WHAT??? Your script... the whole... aw sonofa... Angry Do you guys KNOW code or do you need the CS-major-in-training to hold your hand?!??</rant>

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
*AGT* LegendRob
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2004, 06:56:04 am »

I sure like the idea of getting the not so active clans to become more involved, and i know sometimes we've used some of your example excuses, I also like the idea of betting on how we think our outcome will be.... Maybe a ss  of the bet should be manditory, i think it will eliminate that as a problem {brought up in earlier posts} there is still time to make it a rule. The less BS the better right.
Ein

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2004, 02:46:28 am »

I sure like the idea of getting the not so active clans to become more involved, and i know sometimes we've used some of your example excuses, I also like the idea of betting on how we think our outcome will be.... Maybe a ss  of the bet should be manditory, i think it will eliminate that as a problem {brought up in earlier posts} there is still time to make it a rule. The less BS the better right.

But who would it be mandatory to send the ss to? I doubt any of the admins would want to have to go through the trouble of getting an email from every cb played all season. An Im not possitive but am pretty sure that Mauti doesnt want them either. I do like the idea of having a message board to place the bets at. Make it mandatory for each clan to place a bet in the folder where they list who they are cbing and how much they are wagering on the cb. That way the bet is in writing and if they submit the battle with less of a bet, it can be easily proven without a screenshot that they actually wagered another number than what they entered while posting the cb.

Just a suggestion. Great job on the new scoring system guys and all of your hard work
Ein.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2004, 10:25:40 am »

You would only have to send your screenshot if it comes to an issue - same with the message board, it would be only use if it comes to a discussion about it how many sheep each clan bet. It would a kind of safety measure that backup's your claims.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2004, 12:55:17 pm »

ein if u dont trust other clan then take an ss of their agreement, and if they are not willing to say that they did bet some sheeps, then u got ur ss to proof that they did.

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2004, 01:06:48 pm »

I#ll post some tips how to do it the best way in the *DBL main news on sunday.

bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2004, 05:41:58 pm »

The biggest news is the ALL NEW system that will be the core of this seasons play. The new season is based on, you guessed it, SHEEP! Each clan starts with 100 sheep. At the end of the main season, the clan with the most sheep wins the regular season. If your clan loses all its sheep, you are done for the season. Now, you are probably saying, "Well how does my clan GET more sheep?" Well, before warring, both clans decide how many sheep they will bet. The teams DO NOT have to bet the same amount as this will attract clans with little sheep to war the good clans if the clans offer ALOT of sheep if they were to lose. You can bet any number of sheep from 1-Everything. Lets say you want your B squad to get some warring time in, but your not sure if they will win. Just bet one sheep and let em play! Although it sounds genious, betting 1 sheep per match will not move you up the ladder rapidly. Lets say that you like to war with certain members on, your "starting line up". Before this system people wouldnt war unless they were all on. Now if your starters arent on you can still war, you just dont bet alot of sheep.

- i dont get this, so well... how is the finals going to be playen then?

• - Stripes - •

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2004, 05:51:58 pm »

Allow me to re say this:

The one weekend finals will ruin everyone. One conflict the whole season goes down the drain.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2004, 10:42:20 pm »

Stripes,

Rebel only posted about the main season, he refered to it as regular season. Finals will be played as in my post: best 8 clans in the competition ladders play in the finals. There you play in a knock out system.

Myst, - well now you know the weekends 60days in advance and can arrange everything, here are some pro and contra I pointed out when we the BL admins discussed the super finals:

Finals as played until and including season VIII:

Pro:

.) you have plenty of time, organising and planning your cb.
.) you are only forced to play 1 cb/ day
.) free sheduling

Cons:

.) Extensions if one round last longer than 2 cbs
.) Although all clans have plenty of time to organise everything, there were always troubles to get two clans playing one round - in the past often rounds were skipped, or clans were suspended
.) You need to play at least on 4 days within 2 weeks if you play only 1 cb/day
.) Clans that didn't make it aren't much interested in the outcome of the finals, especially when the finals get extended you can easily lose the overview what's going on.
.) You can't really predict? if their will be an extension and that you may have to play another weekend

Super Finals (1weekend/game)

Pro:

.) You only have to play on one weekend/ladder
.) All admins are online and can immediate assist and solve issues
.) All clans are online and have probably more players online -> chance for bigger cbs is higher
.) No extensions
.) Winners will be announced at the same day in the BL news.
.) attracts more people to the BL if they see one big event on GameRanger - Finals are more exciting
.) No more sheduling and argueing with the other clan when you will play
.) 8 finalists
.) Exact Final day will be known even before the start of the season, so you can plan in advance

Cons:

.) The possibility that you have to play up to 7 1/2 hours
.) Not all guys will be able to play on both/any days of the final weekend

Hope that makes our decision why we think the new final setup is superior more transparent.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2004, 11:45:01 pm »

Cramming it all one one day is just asking for trouble. Most of your pros could also be cons:

.) You only have to play on one weekend/ladder
- One pro I agree with

.) All admins are online and can immediate assist and solve issues
- Wishful thinking

.) All clans are online and have probably more players online -> chance for bigger cbs is higher
- Unless of course this weekend just doesn't work out for people.

.) No extensions
- Conflict results in admin debate, takes up lots of time. Loot at day one of BTs vs MP5, they didn't know the rules and the admins didn't, so it took a day and a half to work it out.

.) Winners will be announced at the same day in the BL news.
- How unexpected....

.) attracts more people to the BL if they see one big event on GameRanger - Finals are more exciting
- Could also turn people away due to bad scheduling, witnessing the admins scurrying around to find answers and arguing about solutions.

.) No more sheduling and argueing with the other clan when you will play
- Agreed, assuming the other clan is on.

.) 8 finalists
- That is insane. If we couldn't do what was it 4? In a week, how can you expect us to do 8 in a weekend.

.) Exact Final day will be known even before the start of the season, so you can plan in advance
- Again not unique.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2004, 11:57:43 pm »

) 8 finalists
- That is insane. If we couldn't do what was it 4? In a week, how can you expect us to do 8 in a weekend.

Difference is that you only have to play 1 cb/per round and not up to 3 as before.

Of course you can see it as you see it right now, but if you are really interested in getting the finals played and be part of it, the new setup gives you much better opportunities in advance to arrange everything with your shedule. You know now that you will play on 13 and eventually also 14th november your finals, you can already set everything yet so you have time to play on these days.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2004, 12:17:37 am »

I hope a new clan is formed tomorrow and that clan wins the season. Yup.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2004, 12:25:35 am »

Is that some kinda coded message acri?!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2004, 09:49:34 am »

ahhh ok

-clear enough now thanks mauti.-

• - Stripes - •

Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2004, 11:02:29 am »

I always speak in code.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads