*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:39:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  how does this work?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: how does this work?  (Read 2268 times)
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« on: July 29, 2002, 10:54:07 pm »

i'm going to be buying a new imac(17 inch)
upon looking around for the best deal I have found several ship dates.

Hell, on macmall alone one page said ships in late aaugust, and on the next it said late september!

Can someone please tell me when the real ship date is?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Loud Notes
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2002, 05:20:03 pm »

Brain, this is my one post I'm making after reading through the 2 full pages of general gossip that have been created since I last looked at the forum about a week or so ago.

In other threads, you wondered aloud about why some of your posts are ignored, even as you have 1000 of them.

Frankly, I feel the same way.  I posted a spammer's paradise thread about a week before Mauti did.  Mine got 10 replies, his has 8 pages and counting.  Why?  There are a number of reasons - for one, I'm not a moderator in this section so I don't command as much attention.  But the primary reason is that overposting pushed the thread off the main page before it had a chance to catch on.

So I'm going to try and answer a number of questions here.  Yours about posts being ignored. I am reading this thread as it lies on the very bottom of page 1.  I have no idea what the answer is to your question.  I think others don't either, and that's why it's not being answered.

And as for reaching 1000, I have to agree with mort entirely.  You'll find I do that a lot.  There are a number of authors whom I ignore entirely nowadays.  Lately, I've been forced to.  I used to never have to read page 2 of the gg...now it's ridiculous.

Perhaps this is the melodrama that stages my 3rd (final?) departure from the forums.  At this point I am wondering if I'll be able to keep up.  More and more I'm becoming like blackhand...adding 2? here and there and being frequently ignored.

So that's life.  I'll be around I guess.  

But please don't ruin these forums...they've given me many hours of enjoyment.
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2002, 05:26:24 pm »

Yes, Brain, a new thread really didn't need to be started for this, first off, don't order it from MacMall. Order it straight from Apple. I was able to get one shipped up here to Juneau Alaska in 6 days from Apple, Just call them up and ask for the details. You should be able to get it in under a week.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2002, 05:30:22 pm »

look, i ordered it already from apple, it's gonna take 3- 4 weeks before it gets out the door and then another 5 days for shipping

this thread is over, done with, and frankly i dont know why loud didnt reply to the other thread.
i've heard that several different times loud, you're just a little late on that one

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2002, 05:31:44 pm »

3-4 weeks just to get out the door? You'd be better off driving to an Apple Store and buying it there!

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
modman
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 09:57:46 pm »

d'oh!  My off-topic post was ignored??!  We can't have that...must resurrect it....

.ln
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 11:49:56 pm »

well, i did make another thread where that WAS the main subject loud. that's why we ignored it Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads