*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:23:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  THIS MESSAGE IS FOR DEADEYE
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THIS MESSAGE IS FOR DEADEYE  (Read 1840 times)
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« on: August 02, 2002, 03:13:50 pm »

Hey Deadeye, I have just recently visited Grifters old site and noticed that its not up any longer.  I was wondering if you have decided to officially close it down?

Also, if its not too much to ask, how was his funeral?
I am very interested

I hope his family is truly doing ok, my best wishes to his family.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

The King of Pistoleros
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 05:02:26 pm »

nomad, where have u been the past 4 months?

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Deadeye
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 05:58:50 pm »

thanks for noticing nomad.

yes, macclans has been down since tuesday.  there has been quite an uproar at grifter's old work.  they are very concerned with some propriatary information that may have been on grifter's servers.  it's all really a big political thing.  but it's a royal pain in my ass.  me and two others have been suspended with pay while they do an official investigation.  the long and short of it, they are trying to get grifter's old boss and some of the team out of there.  or in the least, hurt our reputations.  yes i am pissed.  yes, i am looking for a new job, while they pay me to be on leave of absense.

now, the reason this effected macclans.com was because those were on grifter's servers.  they asked for all his servers so they could investigate.  since this is all a buch of bullshit, we decided to cooporate fully, and let them see what was on the servers.  i got them back about an hour ago, and they will be back up tonight.  what's even funnier is, they didn't have any admin passwords, so they couldn't have seen much anyway, and they never asked for them.  idiots.

as for the memorial, it was touching.  we had the same piper play that played at their funeral just 14 months before.  he always loved the pipes.  amazing grace[/u] would always bring the softy to tears on the pipes.  i took his dogs there, because i know he would have wanted that.  his parents and wife later took his ashes to lake michigan, where he was always the happiest.  in college he always said he wanted to be buried at sea, well, the middle of lake michigan anyway.  we used to sail there often.  he said he wanted us to sail out of sight of land, toss him overboard at sunset, and party on that spot till sunrise.  everybody gets laid, except the grieving widow (or girlfriend, whichever the case would be).  well, i expect he knew that would never happen.  but he was laid to rest there just the same.

danielle is holding up, but she cries all the time.  we got her out to the park last weekend.  i talk to her everyday, and never any of you worry that she wont be well taken care of.  he was as my brother, so she to is blood to me know.  and to jimmy and greggie as well.  and the young lad will have 3 godfathers looking out for his proper upbringing, even if we can't replace his father.

Deadeye
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 09:29:09 pm »

macclans.com and the chat server are both up and running fine again, in case anyone was interested.

if you are using the chat client, or any service, or just interested, check the site soon for updates.  the server name xrup.com is going away, to be replaced with just macclans.com.  plus we will be rolling out some of the changes soon.  including free e-mail as soon as we figure out how we want to assign / validate accounts.  anyone interested in helping can post messages there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads