*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:35:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  What's your GameRanger/RS history?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's your GameRanger/RS history?  (Read 3925 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: August 03, 2002, 03:06:24 am »

Just thought it would be interesting to know where you all came from, when you started etc.

As for me, I got my first account in the 200s way back when GameRanger first started, me and my brother used that for a while, then internet and computer problems forced us to trash it and get account 9551. I always played the game Bolo, I am still a master a Bolo and can own you all Wink, after I got the cable modem, I left 9551, I then got an account which I wish not to tell you of, I played RSD starting in... I guess that it would be May of last year, back on a 400mhz G3, around August, my dad pretty effectivly killed that computer, We then got an 867g4. This is when I started to become a very active RS player. I now had the Cable, and the G4.

As I got the 867, I also got a new account, this would be account 61290. I started the |?K| clan on September 11th, I was very sad that day, my uncle died in it, we didn't know that he was dead until days later, however, we knew that he could be, so I spend most of 9/11 pacing back and forth punching holes in the wall, which I later did have to pay for to get fixed. The real reason that I started |AK| was somthing to do to take my mind off of it, I started |AK| to be a clan like the old EAGLE clan, lead by -#1 EAGLE RC. They, along with NS were the only active RSD clans, I thought that they were so cool. I got a few members on 9/11, most of my members came on 9/12, including, I think Rapid and Monk. Later on Rapid would move the clan to |?K|, Another Killer, and then to Aggressive Killers.

After the first recruiting stage was done, it was time to get to know my team better, I found that Rapid was a very good person for organizing things, special thanks to him, I couldn't have done it without him. He started us a website, made icons etc. Our first clan battle came against HKSDU, I can't remember wether we won or lost, I think it was 4v4. In late October, new maps came out for RSD, I had problems with them, and couldn't get them to work, I crashed the computer more than 20 times in sevral hours trying to get them to work, My parents saw what I was doing to their computer, and asked me if there was any way that I could not do this... I told them that I would need Urban Ops, their responce was "Well, you've got money". I bought Urban then.

I gave over the |?K| leadership to Rapid, as we were at that point, a RSD clan, I figured that he could do a better job of leading sence he would be the one to play RSD. After a few weeks, |?K| was moved to a RS Urban Ops clan as well as a RSD clan. I took up the posistion of Assult Commander, and started then, as I still do now, training the assult team. - As time went by, we found the *DAMN Battle League, I already knew about it from things that I'd seen from my older accounts. We started out the battle league as a clan which would post about a .500 record, Then, I discovered how fun Clan Battles can be, I then went battle crazy, doing 30 some battles throughout that Battle League, as |?K| took the #1 spot Overall, in RS, and in RSD.

As the new Battle League started, I was over in Europe, I missed the first month, and came back to a clan with a 1-1 record. Me and the team were able to jump start things and win a few battles, then came me getting ban, Old chat logs were turned in against me showing that I said things that I shouldn't have said. Scott ban me for 5 years, at least he didn't ban me for 72 years like he did last... Whoops, I said that I wouldn't talk about that account. Now, I am doing clan battles from an IP joining posistion, very annoying. I hate having to rely on others for my every RS need. But, one learns to put up with it, also with the large ammount of lag that comes with IP joining from Juneau Alaska when your brohter is downloading crap off of the internet. And that is the story of Typhy's life on GameRanger. Btw, my Bolo name was "Deadlock".

-Typhy

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2002, 03:44:50 am »

I like started playing on GR when I started playing R6 online in March of 2000 (with account in the 21000). ?I joined a shit clan for a few days, got into SEED for its final week before it fell apart, and then joined DAMN. ?In the two plus years since I've gone through various periods of inactivity and retirement but R6 has remained my game. ?Although I was good then when I joined DAMN, I hit my prime in late summer of 2001 playing mostly with SiXes and SAC. ?At that time I was not worse than any player, or to rephrase, no player killed me any more than I killed them. ?I suppose the only thing that keeps people from mentioning me as one of the R6 greats is A.) The people I played with don't post on the forums, B.) I wasn't consistent for a long time but rather had about 3 sets of 3-4 months when I was dominant.

I've only lost once in a competitive setting (1v1 and CBs) and that was in the DAMN vs. PoD battle on that memorable, laggy Sunday afternoon. ?Otherwise I've always been on the winning side. ?After my switch to OS X and semi-retirement from R6 I found the joy of chat/forum whoring so here I stand as the #1 poster, ?bermoderator, and ?beradmin (of compititions).

Now on GR when I do play I stick to owning with my mg in MoHAA.

In what could be considered an oddity to GR, I still wear the same name (Bondo) that I wore the very first day I was on GR.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2002, 04:06:28 am »

I started using gameranger when Ares came out on the macaddict cd. my acount was somewere around 10,000. i'd play warcraft 2 on my old quadra 950. I was the uber noob at that game, having never won a game online, ever. a while later i convinced bigpat to get gameranger, and he begain chat whoring.

while later my quadra got junked and i bought a new comp, my shinny G4. i had to get a new acount.

i didn't know what games to buy other than i thought Rogue spear looked cool. So i bought Quake 3, Deus Ex, and Rogue spear from comp usa. I started playing Rogue spear in june of last year, i was a shitty player. i remember the first game i played, it was on sploosh's server, and grifter showed me what "greening up" is and things like that. i got a kill my first game also.

in july i was a decent player and i joined Mi6 were i meet sniper and other whores, i spent alot of answering questions from him about running a clan (even though i had shit for experience). then i convinced bigpat to play RS, he was a UT whore... he started to like the game. then i got him and ejo to be friends, and he slowly got acepted into the RS community Wink.

A while later badboy left psyco and started a clan with alex and some other whores. I meet pyrex in that clan, *Boom. it was a ok clan, other than the fact that badboy is a horid leader. Pyrex and i got our feet wet when we Cbed psyco and lost by 1 kill. a few days later badboy had enough of leading a deadend clan, so he went back to psyco.

And i wandered back into Mi6 with pyrex, and got bigpat to join, i played on his computer in the tryout for him if i remember correctly, basicaly i wanted to be in the same clan with my good friend.

A while later i realized that Mi6 was a busted shitty ass clan so i went solo. then in december bigpat said i should lead a clan when Black thorn came out (little did we know it wouldn't come out... legitimatly). And i told bigpat we should make clan as a joke. we settled on ?(uNt? because the tag looked cool, and who doesn't love a pussy. Then we were faced with the task of figuring out what Cunt would stand for (crazy urban noob tkers) I then forced bigpat to make the icon... and the clan was born. a few hours later i made pyrex join, and we were on top of the noob world. We formed a alience with bushy's clan MIN (or something) and we made a super clan called ?(lit? it was good times...

as time went by more and more people begain to wub us and now i stand here before you as the same stupid noob i once was.
jeb

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2002, 04:09:44 am »

Great topic.

Here comes a long one.

I bought r6 back when i was poor in college in 1998. and my 5 roomates, who thankfully were in my same graphic design class at school, all had macs.

So one day we were sitting around bored as hell, and my friend drew was playin r6 on my computer, he asked "why the fuck don't we network this shit and play 6 player r6?"

That idea sparked on all b/c we used to play 2 TV Bond on the old N64 system. splice th n64 cable to 2 TV's and cover your half of the screen, with no radar. That was intense.

I can still remeber the day when we got the router and the 7 ethernet cables. We were poor as fuck, with nothing but Macs, stolen cable and beer. Lots of beer.

There is nothing like playing a game on a Makshift LAN. So reactive, no lag or nothing, it was great. We all sat in our rooms with our 400/500 mhz G3's and we used to go at it for hours. Now, don't think that is all i did in school, b/c trust me there are alot of hot girls in Toronto, so we m/b played once a week on a sat afternoon or something. There is a certain good feeling when you can hear the reaction of the person you just wasted like a loud "FUCK YOU" or something. it was great. Now, my buddy, who was a dealer at the time, used to come over all the time with some friends, and we would somke a nice bowl, but i don't now how it started, but our house became gamming central after that day of drugs. We started setting up tournaments and a little league. It was fuckin nutz, and my G3 400mhz took the fuckin beating of a lifetime. Then after about 2 months, it started to dye off, and the league just ended, we played still, but not so often.

Then I got home from school, and was surprised to find out of an app called GR. It's funny that I never noticed it on the CD, i couldn't afford the internet anyway. but i never noticed it. So i got my hands on a 56k modem, and i decided to try it out. When you multiplayer once, going back to the computer intelligence is not quite the same. So on my 56k modem i logged in as my alias "Spitfire" in teh early months of 2000 on teh r6 server. And i got smoked. on my 56gay. oh ya, i was also in the 2100's

I practiced and practiced. but r6, never came to me. plus the lag was horrific.
Landing my first full time graphic design job in 00, i got some spending money, and the first thing i did was run a cable line up to my room. then my comp crashed, and i lost everything! so my 1st id was gone, so i logged back on in the 4000's. After a few weeks of playing, i was drafted into the great [G.B] (rofl). that lasted a whole 2 days. lol Then again, i lost another account number and pass. and my e-mail changed over to the cable. Shit. so i logged and got my current account which is in the 6000's. After leaving G.B, i just practiced and played, and i got noticed by Ult, and i had a few chats with him, i tried out, and the rest is history!

I used to be a constistent RS player with good kill ratios, but now my game flows up and down, b/c i play more weeks then others, but that's what happens when you have a high stress job. o well! i look forward to Ghost Recon.

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
TeeEfSix Goku

RIP Grift

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2002, 04:31:23 am »

Lets see.Here it goes:
I was surfing the web and suff and then i went to game-revolution.com.I was as bored as hell so i downloaded a demo of r6.I started playing it and then i bought the full version.I never played r6 on gr tho.Then when rs came out i got the demo and i was hooked.I got gr and played online alot back in the demo days when we were all n00bs at it.I started getting good and sin invited me to join PsYcO,or i asked.Cant remember.Anway,i was like thier third member and i finally got the full version of rs.We started doing team practices and stuff when thier were only 3 main rs clans.....i think it was <CIA> PsYcO and some other clan.Sniper and sin had to go away on vacation so they chose me and wolf for temporary leaders.i then was stranded on a pc 3 months just b4 that so they chose some1 else but they put me inactive cuz i said i would be back.One of my best nizzo's Zero One would talk to me on aim and tell sin what was goin down.I finally got back and alot of things changed.Including BB bieng there,me and him got into some fights cuz we didnt like eachother to much.i still remember sin saying "pipe down goku,your good,but bb is better".A while after i left 3 days b4 PsYcO was dissbanned and joined iam with dvs and golo.we had some hump fun and then i joined ak for a sniping position.Awhile after no1 on ak was coming on and lots of bs was goin down so i eft with my nizzos kilzo and cossak to form task.We owned for a bit and then it was dissbanned so i joined +sTfU+.Thats pretty much my gr story,cept for today i got hitched Cheesy .Thats me,the 2 dollar whore goku,bye.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

Go fork yourself
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 05:04:57 am »

ugh, this is a long one...but i'll keep it nice and simple.

A long time ago, in a land far far away, I went by the name Destroyer (account 2225). I first tumbled across GR after I had downloaded a copy of Ares from download.com and I decided to try it out. Keep in mind, during these early days, getting 25 people on GR at any given time was a huge success.

Anyway, Ares became very gay, but unfortunately I kept playing it until one day at Fry's Electronics when I was looking at the new Macs, I stumbled across teh Mac games aisle and found R6. I was instantly hooked to the game. Unfortunately, I sucked big time. I thought I would be better somehow if I changed my name, so I changed it to "assassin." I played R6 for awhile, got my ass handed to me by about every "good" player around, and got dejected. I ended up giving my account away to my friend and left GR...

Around August of 2000, I came back on to GR because my brother had discovered a new game that had piqued my interest: Star Trek Elite Force. This was a good time waster, but it didnt really satisfy my need to track things down and hunt them. So I ended up going back to R6 where I proceeded to get my ass kicked some more...

Then in November of 2000, RS Demo came out and I was stoked...I could finally enter a game on a level playing ground as the other players. On the first day of its release, PsYcO was born when my bro and I decided to form a clan. RSD instantly caught on with me and I knew I had a natural skill at it...in my first game playing, I ended up killing 4 SiX's and they all complained about lag, etc.

Anyway, I have been playing RS ever since (now on the PC side) and have left a wake of the deceased behind me.

(This was the abridged version of my shortened history  Wink)

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
electronicjo
Special Forces

up from a sub 60 feet below...

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 06:20:45 am »

Well this is the story of me. The Noob, to become TEH UBER NOOB Cool

I actually remember the day, it was a rainy day of February, 2001. I was playing single player R6(never heard of internet based multiplayer at the time.) I was browsing the R6 CD, when i stumbled upon a wierd application called "GameRanger." I eventually login with account #42240; I still use this today. Me, being a noob, get my ass kicked several times in R6 games by veterans of today. ?Most are current KoS members and others are in SiX, who still play R6(and STILL kick my ass).

During my R6 games I managed to earn the nickname "teh devil." The host was playing survival games and changed it to team survival but random teams. I didn't realize the quick change. So the game begins and I TK my team Roll Eyes (so embarassing). Blackhand was one of the victims who called me "teh devil." Ever since then the name carried on. Yep, true story.

I didn't get far with R6. I was in and out several clans that didn't make it past a few days(not even to the BATTLE LEAGUE!@). One person that was probably my first GR buddy that ever saw potential in me was CoffinDancer. He used a different name at the time, which I don't remember.

Anyways, fast foward time and I get into RS. This is a completely new arena and I'm still an unkown noob. I eventually start playing RS more than R6. I noob around on different hosts one of my favorites was "Tech N9ne." You can see me getting owned on several other hosts like PsYcO, etc.

Around the middle of June(maybe July), I hear about this new clan "KoS." Didn't really occur to me about asking to join, since I thought I sucked anyways, and figured if I were a good player, I would be invited. Tech, being my favorite host, becomes invited in KoS. Ultimo, Noal, and Tech N9ne were friggin unstoppable, well at least Noal was. After game, I receive a private message from "+-KoS-+ Ultimo." OMG, could it be? One of the R6 players I remember who owned me often, asking for me to join his GREAT clan?! I ponder the offer a few minutes and gladly accept. This was probably the greatest turning point in my RS history!! Cheesy

Now I'm here today. From the depths of the noob population, to one of the many vets. Ahh, the good 'ol days....
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 07:59:27 am »

Here's the story of the most hated Player in RS for coming to 0wn out of nowhere! Grin

I had gotten DSL and decided to start downloading music. Wink  One day my friend introduced me to this other friend that had a PC and was way into video games.  I was not into video games and strictly down with art and Graphic Design.  After he told me he played the game vs others online, I decided to make a Google search for any free games.  GR came up. Smiley  I DL'ed it and asked someone in the Main Lobby how to play.  They then showed me how to DL games and he suggest I DL Elite Force Demo.  I did and played it and found it quite interesting.  After looking down the list for more demos I saw that a lot of people played RSD.  So I DL'ed that.  I fell in love with the game!  I then started meeting others that played RSD regularly.  I found out others had made up teams(Called Clans) and had icons and armpatches.  I found this to be very cool.  After asking some people to join PsYcO and KoS and they told me I was noob and to start my own clan, I decided that would be a good idea.  I was searching for names and one day Typhy came up to me saying he had thought of |AK|.  I thought it had a nice sound to it, except for the fact it stood for Alaska for him! LOL!  I joined and after I later found out that's what he had it stand for, I decided I had to change that around if I wanted to be any part of it.  I told people it stood for "Another Killer". Smiley  It sounded allright and people were digging it.  I then met monk and me and him hit it off chating.  Typhy then ran into problems with the new RSD maps, and decided to quit RSD and move onto UO.  He told me he was leaving |AK| and was giving me leadership.  A little after he left, he told me he was getting UO and was going to start a new clan and that I should join it when he got it.  I being happy that I was leader and had a happy bunch together that were happy with me as leader, declined Typhy's invitation and told him I had now made it |?K| and we were here to stay and maybe he should join us back up.  He was hesitant at first, but after he saw that I was really serious to make this an all out excellent clan, he just had to join back.  I always took charge in situations for the better of our team and everybody liked my leading skills so it was all good.  Typhy left |AK| and I decided it was now my move to make this clan the way I would do it.  Being that I was now leader and we had a good group of people, thanks to being recruited by Typhy and Myself, I wanted to make us the ultimate clan.  I then decided it was time to change things and make |AK| ----> |?K| to give it some spunk Wink  Everyone loved the idea!  I then was deeply thinking of our clan and thought we needed a better name than just |?nother Killer|.  I thought up |?ggressive Killers|.  I loved the name soooo much that I was stuck on it.  When I told others about it, they were stoked and we were then |?ggressive Killers|.  I then started training with everyone extra hard and started learning to play the game better.  Then me and monk decided we would get UO and make our move to Full Version.  We bought our copies and logged 2 days apart from each other(He got Full first).  The day I got full, aSs.assin challenged our clan to a CB in UO since he seen us around RSD and saw that we looked pretty organized and probably wanted to quickly take us out before we even learned the game.  I being as competitive as I am, took the challenge and lost to PsYcO 4-6.  I had just realized that we were not that much worse than a well known clan.  It was our first UO CB and it was our first day in UO!  Awesome in My book being that we were hardcore n00bs and I had played CSL like a dozen times earlier before we had gotten called!  We knew we had what it took to compete against all these older clans that were already around (Me and Monk smiling).  After that it was all love and finally Typhy decided to join us back up after seeing that we were serious about |?K|.  He was very happy and very energetic and has been ever since.  Everything else is history on our NEWS secion. Wink
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2002, 10:48:16 am »

well, i dont have nearly as long or detailed a history o share with you. but here we go.
before i started with GR i was already a fairly avid gamer, although my tastes ran mainly to games like myst and side scrolling shooters and the like. favorite game was escape velocity, and i could own in my rebel carrier (the only thing that scared me was more then 2 alien cruisers)

then one day i saw a little article in mac addict about this app called game ranger. i didnt think much of it at the time because i didnt think that i had any games that would work. (i had all shareware at this time).

later on that year i got the rs demo off of another mac addict cd, and it was then that i think i created my account (29596)

remember that i had NEVER played a first person shooter untill i played RSD. i was ok on my computer with single player, but on line was a totally different story.(can you say owned?)

i went on to buy other games that were strategy and turn based (i actually played gr off of the install form alpha centauri untill gr3 came out) and left GR by the wayside.

i played whatever games were available as demos, but i noticed that RS and RSD were by far the most popular games.

after spending a long ass time in RSD i decided to get RS. That was almost a year ago.

now i am an rs addict (avp is a strong second, and i'm just getting into mohaa) and that's all there is to tell

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
jn.wrath
Special Forces
Forum Whore

kill whitey

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2002, 11:49:02 am »

I got GR back when there weren't accounts and it was still in early beta. I played R6 on GR as soon as the plugin came out. I was the 3rd person on GR to get RS after Evill and Sardukar who recieved his copy minutes before me.

That's my history. Beat that, Ass =P

goddammit this blows
*DAMN Alex
*DAMN

BUCK FUTTER!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 12:49:54 pm »

My story is short and simple. I've been playing R6 ever since I was in the 5th grade. I got addicted and was playing it on the mac. Sadly I had never heard of GR. Then I started to play RS 4 months before it came out for mac. When it did come out I bought it and tried playing it on my 450mhz 64meg ram iMac. It was terrible. So I just played on my bro's computer. I finally decided to get more ram and then I rocked on my computer. I joined CIA for a good start and then slowly rised. BB and I created DF but that sucked and then I joined Dr's. Then I recreated SE and then joined KoS. After KoS I felt like I was lost. So my next wait was  to get mohaa. I joined some little clans like Chef and I think some other weird one. Then I joined DAMN and I dont feel lost again.
Tongue

I've got to ask you, about the Penis Mightier. No No thats the pen is mightier Mr. Connery
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2002, 03:34:08 pm »

Um I got my first Gameranger account in the 50,000's and I still have it.  I got it as soon as I got my imac about a year ago.  I was like the newest person on gr but god, now there are people that are 90,000+.  As soon as I got GR I got rogue spear.  That is the reason I got GR.  I was a mac noob at the time after this comp was an update from my performa Smiley.

And the longest post on this thread goes to Infection!

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
ifB_Stryker

I want chicken, I want liver. Meow mix meow mix please deliver

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2002, 03:44:23 pm »

Dude, I dont literaly feel like some old person seeing these account numbers and hearing that its around 90,000+, but I dont really believe it.  My account is 57021 and I never heard of Game Ranger till I found the Falcon 4 forums for Falcon 4.0 (kinda obvious)  I was told that its a great alternative to fly other ppl with F4 and thought wtf, try it out man.  To my suprise, I had 2 games that were already compatable with GR, Q3A demo and UT demo, so I was totaly stoked about it.  Meet some other people who played Rogue Spear, and I had downloaded the demo in the past and thought it was really fun, but never had the GR option since it was back when GR wastn created (I think? dont know)  Started playing RSD in like, August I think, found a copy off the interenet and bought it, then started playing full around October I think.  Totaly loved it ever since, and been playing it ever since.  Tried to create like, 3 clans, but all a faliure.  Joined other clans, but they sucked, except for DoD for the demo.  Only actual clan, besides this one, that iv stuck with.  So now im in [ifB], and some of you guys know us and tried to CB us, but every one in it got tired of it, or was new to it, but couldnt really get into it, but now we moved to MOH:AA and were still looking for new guys.  All in all, iv really enjoyed Game Ranger and Rogue Spear the second I started playing it, and its been a joy to play others that own it.

[ifB] Stryker ?
Oso
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2002, 03:48:08 pm »

well here is mine,

well i got R6 at Mac World SF, for 15 bucks, i didnt know jack about GR so i played single player for like 2 months, with my crappy 233mhz imac. soon i was just roaming around on R6 menu and found GR. i joined GR with account 43338 or something. i had 56gay and i was like one of the worst players in R6, cuz by the time it said i fired a shot in R6, i was dead. i joined a random clan called [T&A]. dont know why, but i a hardcore noob and this guy just asked every one in a game, i bought RS, but unfortunatly i couldnt run it on my 233 mhz POS imac.

Then finally i got a 450 mhz G4 and started to play some single player RS untill i got cable down stairs. so finally after about a few weeks, we got cable and i started to play RS online. i think every one that played RS at the time SUCKEd, cuz i was actually able to kill alot on my 1st games. after about a week or ?2 of RS, i was told to join {dr?gon}. ?I joined {dr?gon} as KungPow chicken w/rice. for those who were around last june or so, know about dragon and how it was just about unbeatable. after a bit. Ronin, our leader, didnt show up on GR, so the clan started to fall apart. Tats, one of the best players i known, didnt show up anymore, so i left dragon.

after dragon, i was asked to join ?SWAT? as Oso untill it fell apart recently for reasons i cant remember.

after SWAT i created GI, which is an MOHAA clan. and we can take it from there......
:V:*Beast

don't try Norton on me... it won't work...

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2002, 07:57:30 pm »

I wish I had installed my Radeon 32MB into my 7500 PPC(2001) a year earlier when i got R6(2000)... I couldn't play it on my 4MB card... never heard of Game Ranger before aswell... if I had, I would be a member of the "old-school"...damn... I missed a lot here on this community... but hey... I made it so far...

quote of the year:
(quoted by Ace:) unknown: If idiots could fly, GR would be an airport.

vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanita est...
GeT iNfEcTeD!!
Geek USA
Special Forces

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2002, 10:23:59 pm »

hmm, way back when, i replaced my old 66mhz performa with a imac DV 400 (when they were brand spanking new). i was like "woohooo, 56k!" because i was used to a 14.4k

so after i replaced all my old games like a-10 cuba and marathon infinity with newer titles, i was like "where the hell do mac people play online?" so i went to google, punched in a few words, and soon was on gameranger under account 23418. i was instantly hooked on r6. from there i kinda whored around in WLA, VC, SF, GaB, RAIN, and even a little Syrup

my good friend karl, who used to play games on GR,   was in canada one day and picked me up a copy of RS. we lived to close to the border that we just went to ottowa for games.. it was cheaper  Cool

but like a lot of people, i was initially turned off by RS and went back to r6. so blah blah blah, played games and stuff until i reached the point of trying RS again. this time i loved it. some weeks later i tried to play r6 again, but it was crap compared to RS.. so i chucked it and never installed it again

one evening i did a 1v1 with ulti when he was in FEAR, and he said i was good and let me in. crappy clan blah blah, me and ult left and he asked me if i wanted to try something new.. KoS

i went to an art school a few weeks after that and then moved out of state.. so i was offline for a while. when i came back, KoS was owning and i got DSL(ag) and we all lived happily ever after

geek
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2002, 10:45:14 pm »

Here's the story of the most hated Player in RS for coming to 0wn out of nowhere! Grin

wait im confuzed when did this happen?Huh

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2002, 11:22:44 pm »

The first time I ever got on GR was when I had downloaded the demo game Ares on my dad's powermac 7600.I think my account was around the 20000...about the time i created the clan TAP. I was a complete noob at Ares and got my ass owned every game. Then 5 months before I left for college I bought my 500mhz tibook. I wanted to play a really kick ass game and the first thing I saw on the shelf was Rogue Spear.I got Gr again and had an account in the 44,000...my current one. I had no idea what I was getting into. My first game in mp RS was with *DAMN DiabloKiller (i think that was his name)...I was owned...but I then I grew accustomed to the game and got better. The very first clan I joined was a clan called Delta FOrce D|F...After that lasted for a week I joined Boom and met jeb. BOOM went BOOM and I went solo for a while until jeb convinced me to join Mi6 and then I mat scatty patty (Bigpat). After we discovered Mi6 was nothing but europeans and shitlicks we left. Jeb and pat invited me into ?(uNt?...hehehe I was the first official member..WHEEEEE...and then here I am now.

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads