*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:11:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  A request for models
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A request for models  (Read 1865 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: July 29, 2003, 02:26:05 pm »

Hey, guys. I'm about to finish my first mod, and one of the things I've left for last is replacing the placeholder models I've been using with "real" models of the guns I've added. I haven't added anything very exotic, and I know that dozens or hundreds of different versions of the weapons in question have been modeled by the Ghost Recon modding community. As such, I'm looking for model donations for my mod, in exchange for credit of course. The models I have need of are: an FN P90 (silenced, unsilenced, with GL, without GL, the more variations, the better), a Steyr Aug (same story; the more variations, the better), a Raging Bull .454 Casull revolver (or any other large revolver), a Desert Eagle .50 and .357, an H&K USP .40 (with and without silencer), an H&K Mark23 .45 (with and without silencer), a Steyr SPP 9mm, and some sort of sawed-off shotgun (the exact type doesn't matter, but the more "Army of Darkness"-like it is, the better).

Additionally, I have need of some, uh, unusual weapon models. You see, I'm creating a set of weapons for my clanmates, one each, and each man's weapon is up to them, with no limits on balance or realism. These weapons are going to be segregated into their own kit restriction, and are basically being added for pure humor value and hilarious games. If anyone has the time and would care to create one (or more) of these models for me, I would be eternally grateful. The exact appearance of any of these is up to the modeler, there's hardly a real-life spec to live up to. The funnier, the better. : )
     The weapons that have been requested so far are as follows: a beer launcher or beer cannon (it's going to fire an explosive version of the beer can .itm; for firing rate, think MM1); a hand cannon (as in a literal cannonball-and-gunpowder cannon, sized and held like a pistol); a ridiculously long sniper rifle (ten feet long at a minimum); a .50 sniper rifle with an oversized scope and an underbarrel grenade launcher (yeah, you read right, heh); and the Dragon Minigun from Dungeon Siege (since I couldn't find any source pics for you guys, any sort of futuristic-looking minigun thing would do. The Dragon Minigun has an elongated narrow shape which comes to a point, somewhat like the Farsight from Perfect Dark).

Thanks for any help you can give.  

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 11:55:15 pm »

lol that does sound funny "beer launcher"

Take it EZ!
Rigid Ice

Why dodge bullets when you can just suck 'em all in!??

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 05:41:21 am »

lol that does sound funny "beer launcher"

Some people take this very seriously Raven...

Grin Grin

Silent Strike Mod almost ready for public distribution- get feedback from beta testers, put up final mod, put up site, and voila! Maybe a couple days or week (s) remaining!- web space down- cancelled for the moment
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 09:57:47 am »

You should see the games with the CLUCC (Chicken Launcher, Urban Combat Capable) and the RODENT Mk. II squirrel grenade launcher. I modified the chickens to be rockets, and made them fly very slowly. You get a good couple of seconds to run away from the explosive chicken that's heading towards you. Played in a small map like Docks with infinite respawns, it's one of the funniest things I've played in a long time.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Raven2367
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 10:51:57 pm »

lmao where can i get it?? Grin

Take it EZ!
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 09:11:18 am »

The most recent version is always at my clan's site. As of now, the latest released version is 0.7. I'm working on 0.9 at present, which will be identical to the final version except for some missing models and kit icons. Once those are in place, it will be rereleased as 1.0.

It's a Mac mod, so you'll need to get your hands on Stuffit Expander from Aladdin. There's a PC version, last I checked. AFAIK, the mod will work without problems on a PC, although you may have to convert the sounds from AIFF to WAV (I have no idea whether the PC version of GR can play AIFFs). I'm going to be including models created by PC modders in 0.9, so I'm going to release a fully PC-compatible version 0.9 at the same time so that they can easily see what's been done with their work. If you have any trouble getting it to work, let me know. I need PC beta testers.  Grin

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 09:12:36 am »

BTW, the request(s) for those models still stands. I'll be your best friend... ; )

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 05:23:23 am »

Thanks to the kind donations of prozac and Psycho Dad, I now have some of the models that I needed. The Aug, the P90, and the H&K Mark23 are now in place and looking like they should (as well as Psycho Dad's frickin' hilarious chicken launcher model). I still have need of models for the rest of the pistols, a sawed-off double-barreled shotgun, and any/all of the custom models. Again, any help is more than welcome.  Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads