*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:35:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  A couple of modding questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A couple of modding questions.  (Read 1716 times)
dave-s

« on: January 10, 2002, 09:01:35 am »

Just wondering if some of you could shed some light on a few things.

The soundvol file, what do the seperate columns of figures represent?

Is it possible to have different muzzle flashes for different weapons in the same mod?

I was originally [and will probably carry on] making a scifi weapon mod - near future no lasers or big killer guns, I noticed in the RLTC mod that 2 that I am doing are in in but in a modified form. Does anyone know where to get a decent pic of the original unmodified version of the Xeviuos laser rifle?? [bulpup from Akira]

Last qustion if I do get the mod to a resonable standard any one interested in testing it and/or improving weapon files / sounds / rets etc??

Oh last one if anyone has any decent pics of near future weapons Id be interested.

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
dave-s

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2002, 06:20:00 am »

And another question Smiley

what do the 2 extra rows of numbers represent on the shotgun wpn files - presume they are to do with spread and range?

Last question then Ill stop bothering people Smiley

Where is the code for linking the extra primary or secondary magazines with the correct pic?

Thanks
dave-s

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2002, 07:17:02 am »

OK sorted out most of the problems, still need to know what the 3 sets of numbers represent in the soundvol file.
Anyone?
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2002, 09:57:18 am »

Just wondering if some of you could shed some light on a few things.The soundvol file, what do the seperate columns of figures represent?Is it possible to have different muzzle flashes for different weapons in the same mod?
I was originally [and will probably carry on] making a scifi weapon mod - near future no lasers or big killer guns, I noticed in the RLTC mod that 2 that I am doing are in in but in a modified form. Does anyone know where to get a decent pic of the original unmodified version of the Xeviuos laser rifle?? [bulpup from Akira]
Last qustion if I do get the mod to a resonable standard any one interested in testing it and/or improving weapon files / sounds / rets etc??
Oh last one if anyone has any decent pics of near future weapons Id be interested.Thanks

I am not sure what the Soundvol number represent. CK used to have a tutorial for it, but the link no longer works. When I made a chart for the last mod I just followed along the lines of the original chart for RS.
I do not believe it is possible to have different types of flashes for different weapons...if it would have been possible I am sure you would have seen it in RLTC.
I would be happy to help you test the mod when you get done
Cobra6
God bless the freaks

Lead...Follow, or Get The Hell Out Of The WAY!! ?

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 10:02:18 am »

And another question Smiley
what do the 2 extra rows of numbers represent on the shotgun wpn files - presume they are to do with spread and range?Last question then Ill stop bothering people Smiley
Where is the code for linking the extra primary or secondary magazines with the correct pic?
Thanks

The extra numbers in the shotgun file
"12ga. 00 Buckshot" ? ? ?9
indicate:
1.50 = spread
1 = number of rounds with pellets
9 = number of pellets
In order to change the primary or secondary clip bmp simply make you new image and name it "pc_pw_mp5" the letters after the "pc" is simply the name of the weapon file i.e.
pw_mp5 = pc_pw_mp5
dave-s

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 11:18:58 am »

Thanks for the information, I thought Id actally sorted the ammo files but from what you have said I was wrong.

Its a pity about the muzzle flashes to, sort of ruins an idea I had.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads