*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:25:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  SADDAM HAS BEEN CAPTURED
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SADDAM HAS BEEN CAPTURED  (Read 1796 times)
AMBROSE

TRUST NO ONE

« on: December 14, 2003, 11:47:28 pm »

Just in case you live on Mars... Saddam has been captured. Be proud, this is a historical moment.

Smiley

{-Ambrose-}
Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 12:05:06 am »

Yep, he was looking pretty pathetic. I think it's really more symbolic than anything else. Let's just remember that the guys on the ground are still in danger everyday regardless, send em your prayers.

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team
Cocobolo Ops Modifications
http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/dtd

WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 12:28:27 am »

My son was part of the mission that captured him. Not the ones actually going in mind you, but a part none the less. He was supporting the SF and SPEC OPS that went in. What a story to tell my badass little grandchildren. Im proud of each and every damn one of them. God bless'em. Im proud as hell  Grin

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 10:59:10 pm »

Haha I knew he was in the 4th ID, I wondered if he had a part in that. Those 4th ID guys seem to be doing most of the heavy lifting around there eh?

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

bugkill
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 12:43:49 am »

negative! the 4th ID is not the ones doing the heavy lifting around iraq. it is all the units assigned to different "hot" spots in iraq. i just returned today after being in iraq for 8 months and let me tell you that everyone on the ground has been busting humps, not just the 4th ID. saddam was located in their area and that is why they got the responsibilty to provide security for special ops while they did the hit. it is just like when we performed raids in baghdad (alongside special forces on certain targets). trust me, saddam was a great "political" catch, but in the scheme of things it means nothing as far as a valued military target when it concerns these damn terrorists and other factions trying to fight for power. i'm glad that we got the bastard, but we need to keep our eyes on the ball and worry about the big picture. congrats on the new mod and i can't wait to play it....by the way, did you put me in the credits? peace.
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 01:32:41 am »

Your right bug, I never said they were the only ones. They have gotten alot of press lately over this, but my son will be the first to tell ya or anyone, it was a team effort.

Im really glad you made it back my friend. Im proud of you, and all that are serving. Have a cold one on me

bugkill
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 02:03:56 am »

hey, it is no problem and i know what you meant, but it just burns me up sometimes when people start talking about this unit did this and this unit did that, we are losing people in all units in this war and we all share the same mission. we are all part of this one machine and if one breaks, the machine will fail. i'm extremely happy that your sons unit, along with special ops, were able to track him down and catch his ass, it truly lifted a "political" nagging that was really getting on all our nerves. i feel fortunate to have served with your son in iraq (although we were in different parts of the country) and to have been part of military history. god bless your son and i hope that he gets back home in one piece. the reason that i'm home now is because i'm pcsing to the striker brigade (which is in iraq at this moment), so i just might end up with two combat tours (something that i don't want). also, thanks coco for including me in the credits.htm of your spectacular mod, thanks for remembering me buddy and i just might have some more ideas for you, just look out for my e-mail.
Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 03:39:17 am »

Wow, that does gotta do you proud Mac. Give em all our best.   Smiley

Cocobolo
God bless the freaks

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat..

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 05:32:19 pm »

Hey bugkill don't get me wrong here man. I was refering to the 4th ID because they're the ones mainly in that specific area, at least that's what I thought. I wasn't talking about any other areas in Iraq. I'm sure everybody is risking their asses and I hope you don't think I'm trying to take anything away from anybody else. Glad you're back safe, and I hope you stay that way!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 05:34:18 pm by Cocobolo » Logged

Official Plankholder
DTD Pro Mod Team

WardenMac
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 08:54:04 pm »

Thx guys, all of you. I hope no one took the post wrong. It wasnt boasting, I was just proud, of all of our guys. I dont get emotional about anything really, ecept our troops and the sacrafices they make. It worries me sick each time i hear we lost one.

I just want to say thanks bug, to you and everyone. One helluva job bro  Grin
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 10:41:24 pm by WardenMac » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads