*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:29:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  Assistance, por favor
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Assistance, por favor  (Read 968 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: March 22, 2003, 09:43:18 am »

Heya, modders. I'm trying to make my first Ghost Recon mod, a very simple one which will only add about five new pistols and new kits to allow the use of those pistols with the various primaries. I'm on a Mac, which means I'm doing this all by hand. No IGOR. I've run into a problem. I've already added three new kits to the game: a Colt 1911 + ammo, an OICW + Colt 1911, and an AK-74 SU + frags. The model, sound, and other files for the 1911 and AK-74 SU are already in Ghost Recon, but for some reason, there are no kits in multiplayer which include them. So I added the kits and everything was hunky-dory and worked just fine. The problem arose when I tried to add a new pistol (a Desert Eagle .357). I copied and renamed the m1911.gun file and changed the NameToken to WPN_DE357, which I had defined as "Desert Eagle .357" in my strings.txt file. I copied and renamed the 1911 + ammo kit file, and changed it to point at the de357.gun file. I added the kit to my No Restrictions restriction file, and started up a multiplayer game. I selected the kit, and the game crashed. It doesn't always crash. Sometimes it successfully selects the kit, but the character is holding nothing, and the name is "!find key []". I have no idea why it's crashing, and when it doesn't crash, I have no idea why it's not loading the model/textures and the name. If anybody has any insights about or can see any obvious flaws in what I'm doing, please enlighten me. This is quite frustrating. : ) Thanks for any help.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 11:43:17 am »

Well, after I posted the above message, I decided to quit fiddling with the mod for the evening. I closed all the OS windows, quit my text editor, etc. and then restarted Ghost Recon to turn off the mod. Just for shits and giggles, I tried to select the Desert Eagle one last time. It worked perfectly. Without changing anything, everything is now working perfectly. I hate it when a program starts doing voodoo like this. If anybody has any advice on what the problem might have been, I'd still love to hear it.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads