*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:14:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  UT 2003 = genetic material in my pants
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UT 2003 = genetic material in my pants  (Read 1279 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« on: July 07, 2002, 02:10:41 pm »

I gotta say, I'm really, REALLY looking forward to this game. I used to play UT a great deal, and I can still dust off my skills and hold my own. It's a well-balanced game that favors skill over the ability to jump around like a bunny rabbit on meth, as opposed to Quake III, which is neither balanced nor skill-oriented.

UT 2003 sounds as though it's going to have the same ethic, but refined. The development team reviewed statistics on weapon use and what modes were played, and they made changes based on that. They've taken out or modified the least popular weapons (the Bio-Sludge gun is gone like last week's egg salad), and tweaked some of the others. For instance, the Flak Cannon's flak is going to be less bouncy. The least popular game modes are getting the same treatment. In particular, their plans for Domination sound really cool. One of my favorite new additions can be summed up in two words: Link Cannon. A beam weapon with which you can shoot your teammate and his link cannon will deal more damage. Multiple people can simultaneously power someone up in that way. It's an effort by the developers to place more emphasis on teamwork, which I think is a great idea.

And of course, it looks FLURKING AMAZING! I mean, my GOD, man! Here are some screen shots: http://www.planetunreal.com/ut2003/screenshots/

And a nifty little preview article, with some more screen shots: http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/zones/previews/apr01/unreal_tourn_2003.html

I can find nothing about this game that I don't like, except the fact that I'll have to get a new video card to really play it to the fullest. : )
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads