*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 04:33:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Cocobolo Mods (Moderators: Cobra6, Cocobolo)
| | |-+  Brief Update
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brief Update  (Read 1507 times)
WardenMac
God bless the freaks

Life is tough, its tougher if your stupid

« on: November 26, 2003, 06:08:29 pm »

Hello guys and gals,
I know it has been a while since our last update, and although I do not have all the information or details on where coco is at this moment, I spoke with him yesterday and he stated he is getting close to the finished product. I know hes putting alot of hours in at work and working on the mod at the same time. Coco as usual has the burden of putting it all together. With the addition of missions, it has taken much more time than anticipated. Thanks for stickin with us.

Another reason for the lack up updates and posts is as you know, we usually begin a new project before the current project is complete. This is not the case now. I have not made a model for DTD in quite some time now. We have plenty of weapons. I am making some weps for a friends project and Whisper is attempting to throw together something of his own. I will be assisting with that as well.

We are not 100% sure on what we are going to do next. I can assure you, whatever it is, it will be DTD quality. There are many options available and some great games have come out. Cobra, Whisper and I enjoy AA a great deal. However, you cant mod that game.

I am excited about the possibility of modding RVS. However I am extremely disappointed with delays and some of the mp aspects, joining a game especially. I guess we all got spoiled playing GR, hehe. As you know, some very talented modders have already started to make weps of all types, the likes of which I have never seen. The realism is simply amazing. I will really have to step up my game in order to compete with these youngsters  Grin

I have also began the process of learning to map for RVS. I can tell you this task is not easy. I am utterly amazed at the quality of detail and time it takes to make a quality map. I can add and subtract geometry to come up with a basic layout of a map, add lights, texture it, etc... but that is about as far as Ive gotten. I need to learn how export static meshes, also would like to be able to make some custom meshes, I dont know about that though, another very difficult thing to do if you are just learning. I have not made anything I am satisfied with and I find it difficult to come up with original ideas. I believe that is why we have seen some what of a lull in the new maps being released. I am determined to learn this process and I am making slow progress. Very slow progress.

Cobra is still busy making gun textures. I can tell you he gets better each time. I dont know how, but he does it. Whisper continues to add support making some unis, and of course adding camo patterns as only he can. Cobra, Whisper and I are also working on a project with other modders. More details on that later, I am not sure of the direction of that project at the moment.  

We just wanted to say thanks for your patients. I know its frustrating waiting and waiting. We knew this project would take more time, but didnt know how much more time. There have been many obstacles and coco and cobra have worked on most of them, and have done a fantastic job.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 06:37:05 pm by WardenMac » Logged

Suicide_Commando
God bless the freaks

-Sicut Nox Silentes-

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 07:10:24 pm »

Thanks for the update Mac.    Smiley

JTF-2

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 01:05:10 am »

good to hear from you guys. Take your time.

Thanks.

HoosGhost
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 06:22:02 pm »

BUMP.
Thanks for the update. It'll be a swell end-of-exams surprise.

HoosGhost
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads