*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:54:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DAMN BL Warzone really needs to be amended  (Read 10662 times)
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 08:23:56 pm »

Fridge, do you even play in the DBL?  What clan are you in?  Maybe you should convince your entire clan to post some comments to support you since you seem to have such extensive experience.  ----> http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9167.msg123568#msg123568

Also, I recommend that you look through these boards since most of your ideas have been discussed extensively... They have been voted on by the community and the Admins many, many times...  I have been on both sides of the vote as well... as a player as well as a DBL admin... and I can assure you that these ideas  have been discussed and voted on...

It really just comes down to one thing I think... The game is just old and overplayed...  Spicing it up with salt and pepper just doesnt cut it anymore.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:27:29 pm by Po)| KITKAT » Logged
Fridge!

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 09:06:38 pm »

Fridge, do you even play in the DBL?  What clan are you in?  Maybe you should convince your entire clan to post some comments to support you since you seem to have such extensive experience.  ----> http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9167.msg123568#msg123568

Also, I recommend that you look through these boards since most of your ideas have been discussed extensively... They have been voted on by the community and the Admins many, many times...  I have been on both sides of the vote as well... as a player as well as a DBL admin... and I can assure you that these ideas  have been discussed and voted on...

It really just comes down to one thing I think... The game is just old and overplayed...  Spicing it up with salt and pepper just doesnt cut it anymore.

Oh, that's right now, when i rebut your points in a fashion that you can not respond to, you resort to an ad hominem argument.  If i was ever caught cheating as it claims I was in that post that you referenced, then how do you think I would be here posting on these forums under the same account I have always used?  I have never been caught cheating, so how about you look back for some actual detailed confirmation of my cheating before you spit out shit like that.   That detailed confirmation btw... it doesn't exist, because I have never cheated.  The list of general idiots who have repeatedly accused me of cheating and have stated they know I use cheats, yet have never come up with any proof that I cheat nor witnessed me cheating, is an extensive one including, off the top of my head, Saberian, Signtist, Eight, Sentinel, Lee Harvey, Onwig, Ghostsniper, Magnetic, Flies, oh god, I can keep going on for a long time so I'll just end it with etc.  However, this is the best evidence anybody has ever come up with to suggest I cheat:

Just to let ya know Eight, I tried ure link but it dosen't seem to work.  As for fridge we did play him a mock cb that we thought about the smae thing as well when it comes to Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass, then the last 2 we played he killed 2 of our guys and the third was killed by one of his boys.  I do agree that it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd.  I believe flies might have some info on the same thing happening in his cb as well.  It's just odd that us, being some of the best players of last season getting pwned by a guy that hasnt played in 1 CB before this season.  Kinda odd. 
    Srry, but I had to say something here becase what Eight has written matches a lot of what happened when we did the mock cb with -sl-.  Not to put down the clan but without Fridge, -sl- would be pwned by almost every clan on the Mac market today.  So yes, it does seem quite odd that this is al happening now.

+MOD+Saberian

The only argument that I cheated that had any basis to it was that I killed too many people when I was a new to the game.  So about me supposedly cheating KITKAT, as I have repeatedly said to everybody else like you who has brought it up, fuck off unless you have proof.  It is the people like you, and like Magnetic in that post, and like Ghostsniper in that post, who write shit about me cheating with nothing to back up their claims that have proliferated the retarded notion to a point where people believe I am a cheater yet have no clue what cheats I use.  Fuck off with that shit.

The rest of your post just says we've discussed this before and took a vote.  Yes, that's great, that still does nothing to affect the validity of the logic behind my conclusions.  Again, if you can not punch a hole through the logical reasoning I have employed to reach my conclusion, then you can not logically disagree with it.  People are almost always opposed to change; however, if the basis for the change is logical and you cannot display otherwise, then your personal lazy sentiments do not change the fact that the proposition before you is valid, and if valid, should be treated as such.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:42:10 pm by Fridge! » Logged

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Fridge!

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 09:18:11 pm »

oh, there was a point.. i just didnt need 5 lines to explain it  Smiley

What you mean is you didn't feel like developing it.  Well if you don't feel like developing your points, then don't enter a discussion.  I know the general implication that you were trying to make, however it is fallacious upon multiple levels, and if you ever getting around to taking the time to actually develop your points, then I'll take the time to explain to you why it is that they are flawed.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 01:16:35 am »

Did I hit your funny bone or something... you edited your post like 10 times?   wallbashing

Oh.. By the way.. I dont agree with you.  I don't think your idea is logical.  Just my opinion.  Just like you have your opinion... And thats ok too.  Perhaps if you get enough people together we can try your idea...  I wish you the best.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 01:19:53 am by Po)| KITKAT » Logged
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 12:00:25 pm »

ok, so you want me to explain what i mean...

it really is quite simple.

this is how i interpret your incredibly long post to start of with, basically you want the spawns to be at the same distance on each map, giving everybody the same amount of time to run to the warzone, so no-one has an advantage, making it "fair".

And can you imagine the heated debates and discussions where everybody thinks a new spawn point would be "fair".

My post of making two teams identical i believe is still correct, take a game of football again, most of the time one team has more skill, should they have a player or two taken from them each game to make it more fair on the other team?, We always like to see a team that doesnt have an ideal start to a game try its best to win.

Make the most out of a bad situation, if you don't win get over it, go onto the next match, you might get the better spawn.... its a game after all.

And fridge... seeing as your calling me a "General Idiot" this might interest you.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671723650/103-0872492-8079025?v=glance&n=283155 I thought you might have changed in the last 2 years... i guess not.

rageasaurus rex

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 06:18:25 pm »

Ghost Recon's forte is it's realism. Therefore the "OICW/GL" was coded the way the actual gun is. Despite popular belief, the OICW is in no way a grenade launcher, nor does part of it have a grenade launcher on it. The top half of the OICW is a six shot, high-explosive (HE) 20mm gun. Grenades are TWICE the size of the HE rounds the OICW fires. This is also the reason the OICW HE rounds go much farther than a grenade launcher. They're not grenades and they're nowhere near as bulky. They're just big bullets that pack a big bang. In my opinion, the damage radius for the HE rounds is way too big. It's to reminiscent of the grenade launchers. A HE round is powerful, but it wouldn't nearly have the destructive power that you find in Ghost Recon. I think the explosion radius should be smaller but the gun should remain the way it is otherwise.

As for sensors, they're just plain dumb. I mean, even if they follow the tradition of Rogue Spear and its heartbeat sensors, how the hell do they constantly update your map? You should either have to look at some sort of computer, preventing you from firing, or they should just remove them period. They're ridiculous and completely overpowered.
Fridge!

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 07:56:50 pm »

ok, so you want me to explain what i mean...

it really is quite simple.

this is how i interpret your incredibly long post to start of with, basically you want the spawns to be at the same distance on each map, giving everybody the same amount of time to run to the warzone, so no-one has an advantage, making it "fair".

And can you imagine the heated debates and discussions where everybody thinks a new spawn point would be "fair".

My post of making two teams identical i believe is still correct, take a game of football again, most of the time one team has more skill, should they have a player or two taken from them each game to make it more fair on the other team?, We always like to see a team that doesnt have an ideal start to a game try its best to win.

Make the most out of a bad situation, if you don't win get over it, go onto the next match, you might get the better spawn.... its a game after all.

And fridge... seeing as your calling me a "General Idiot" this might interest you.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671723650/103-0872492-8079025?v=glance&n=283155 I thought you might have changed in the last 2 years... i guess not.

Lol onwig, I have not the slightest interest in making friends with you... nor will I ever, and btw, that is not even remotely close to what my post suggested, I never said anything about changing spawn locations.  So as for the "general idiot' comment, it still stands.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:47:50 pm by Fridge! » Logged

Fridge!

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 08:02:48 pm »

Did I hit your funny bone or something... you edited your post like 10 times?   wallbashing

Oh.. By the way.. I dont agree with you.  I don't think your idea is logical.  Just my opinion.  Just like you have your opinion... And thats ok too.  Perhaps if you get enough people together we can try your idea...  I wish you the best.   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yes you hit my funny bone, I hate when people bring up the cheating bullshit that never had any basis to it.  That is how the whole Fridge cheats bullshit was grew so large in the first place, dumbasses saying that I cheated without any proof or actual evidence to support their claims.  You know, doing what you just did.

Oh, and btw, logic isn't a matter of opinion, if you can't punch a hole through the logical reasoning that is employed to reach a conclusion, or display a more logical sequence, then you logically agree with it.  Your opinion is of no matter in that regard.

:V: Stripes

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 08:20:33 pm »

Exactly the same happend to me KITKAT, people out there accused me of cheating - none of them have proved it. I do not know Fridge's issue, but i havnt seen a proof about cheating, like Typhy and voodoo got caught cheating, evidence was made and they got banned.

I don't see why people come on the forums and accuse other of cheating without evidence, it's silly and rest of time.

btw: i must agree with KK most of the time here, the game is just too overplayed - Frigde you might wanna try raven shield with me?  Wink

Regards,
Stripes

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 08:48:30 pm »

lol fridge.. i am sulking about that.. i really wanted to be penpals with you.

ok, if your post had nothing to do about spawns.. all that just for the time limit?

How about if you worded it quite simply... "how do people feel about making it 4 mins instead of 3?" and a few reasons why, even put a poll on it. Instead all you've managed to do is alienate the some of the more consistant DBL members.
Fridge!

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 09:06:19 pm »

lol fridge.. i am sulking about that.. i really wanted to be penpals with you.

ok, if your post had nothing to do about spawns.. all that just for the time limit?

How about if you worded it quite simply... "how do people feel about making it 4 mins instead of 3?" and a few reasons why, even put a poll on it. Instead all you've managed to do is alienate the some of the more consistant DBL members.

What you are saying is, why don't you develop your points with a lesser degree of logical sequencing, why don't you dumb them down.  Umm, because then they would be less logical perhaps?

You can not present an argument in an unbreakable fashion by just posting the general idea and a few general reasons.  Then people can throw out random opinions with the feeling that they are relevant when they are not, rather, what I have done is constructed my argument in a fashion that in order to disagree with it, you must respond to the actual argument, not just state your feelings and, furthermore, you must be able to punch a hole through my actual statements in order to logically disagree with them.

The further you develop your points, the further people must develop their rebuttals in order for them to be admissably relevant.  If you're going to make a counter-arguement to the proposition, it must then be intelligent.  It weeds out the stupid people, and prevents people from jumping on their bandwagons, wasting time in the discussion.  It keeps the discussion on track, or moreso than it would otherwise be.

onwig

geeza!

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 09:53:15 pm »

You can not present an argument in an unbreakable fashion by just posting the general idea and a few general reasons.  Then people can throw out random opinions with the feeling that they are relevant when they are not, rather, what I have done is constructed my argument in a fashion that in order to disagree with it, you must respond to the actual argument, not just state your feelings and, furthermore, you must be able to punch a hole through my actual statements in order to logically disagree with them.
what?, i thought opinions were based on feelings? and we all have to "punch a hole" through your posts to be correct?

The further you develop your points, the further people must develop their rebuttals in order for them to be admissably relevant.  If you're going to make a counter-arguement to the proposition, it must then be intelligent.  It weeds out the stupid people, and prevents people from jumping on their bandwagons, wasting time in the discussion.  It keeps the discussion on track, or moreso than it would otherwise be.

So people can't just say, "no i am not keen on that idea, i prefer it the way it is" that isnt good enough?

so, ok lets get back on track.

I've tried reading your first post again why don't you just come out and say what you would like to see?

is below what you'd like to see?

1, Timer to 4 mins
2, Warzone to appear after 3 mins
3, No sensors?

A simple yes or no, a brief explanation if neccessary, its a simple question.
Fridge!

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 10:19:12 pm »

what?, i thought opinions were based on feelings? and we all have to "punch a hole" through your posts to be correct?

So people can't just say, "no i am not keen on that idea, i prefer it the way it is" that isnt good enough?

so, ok lets get back on track.

I've tried reading your first post again why don't you just come out and say what you would like to see?

is below what you'd like to see?

1, Timer to 4 mins
2, Warzone to appear after 3 mins
3, No sensors?

A simple yes or no, a brief explanation if neccessary, its a simple question.

No, it isn't enough, for if a logical sequence leads to a conclusion, and you can not find any way to punch a hole through the logical sequencing anywhere, then you logically agree with the conclusion.  It is that simple.

What I wished to see was either the wz appear after a certain duration, or else to have the warzone timer extended, by however much it could be and, now, a new version of warzone has been released for testing where the warzone appears after one minute.

BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 10:35:07 pm »

No, it isn't enough, for if a logical sequence leads to a conclusion, and you can not find any way to punch a hole through the logical sequencing anywhere, then you logically agree with the conclusion.  It is that simple.

erm, some people go every day of their lives still believing the world is flat. Your reasoning is invalid. I don't have to agree with anying in any logical sequence if I don't agree the sequence is logical in the first place. Proof can be proof but believing it is proof takes belief first.

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 10:36:39 pm »

so there I was..

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 10:44:44 pm »

Let me respond for Fridge.

My logic is blah blah blah blah while your logic is blah blah blah blah.. therefore... my logic blah blah cannot be blah blahed by your logic becasue my blah blah blah and your waste of a post is blah blah blah...  One cannot blah blah my absolutely perfect logic because blah blah blah and conclusively.. blah blah blah.
Fridge!

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2006, 10:48:00 pm »

erm, some people go every day of their lives still believing the world is flat. Your reasoning is invalid. I don't have to agree with anying in any logical sequence if I don't agree the sequence is logical in the first place. Proof can be proof but believing it is proof takes belief first.

Yes, and those people are being irrational in doing so, for there is sufficient evidence to prove that the world is not flat, and yet they continue to believe that hte world is flat despite their inability to discredit such evidence.  It doesn't matter if you don't believe something is logical, it means nothing unless you can display otherwise.  Your perception does not change external states, by believing that something is not logical, that does not render it illogical.  You can believe the world is flat, but the world will still go on being round.  It doens't matter what you think logic is, that does not change what logic and what it means for somehting to be logical actually is.

Fridge!

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2006, 10:51:19 pm »

Let me respond for Fridge.

My logic is blah blah blah blah while your logic is blah blah blah blah.. therefore... my logic blah blah cannot be blah blahed by your logic becasue my blah blah blah and your waste of a post is blah blah blah...  One cannot blah blah my absolutely perfect logic because blah blah blah and conclusively.. blah blah blah.

Let me translate what KITKAT is saying... "I'm not intelligent enough to comprehend his point or to actually respond to it in an intelligent fashion, therefore, I'll post something like this that attempts to portray them in a negative light without requiring any actual reasoning."

[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2006, 10:52:14 pm »

Let me translate what Fridge is saying:

Yes, and those peopwe awe being iwwationaw in doing so, fow thewe is sufficient evidence to pwove that the wowwd is not fwat, and yet they continue to bewieve that hte wowwd is fwat despite theiw inabiwity to discwedit such evidence. It doesn't mattew if you don't bewieve something is wogicaw, it means nothing unwess you can dispway othewwise. Youw pewception does not change extewnaw states, by bewieving that something is not wogicaw, that does not wendew it iwwogicaw. You can bewieve the wowwd is fwat, but the wowwd wiww stiww go on being wound. It doens't mattew what you think wogic is, that does not change what wogic and what it means fow somehting to be wogicaw actuawwy is. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit!
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2006, 10:52:46 pm »

Haha,

Now apply all that logic to a game based on belief and not actual metaphysical life. That is what you are arguing.

Now Aristotle said it best, a chair is not a chair unless you consider it a chair.  A more simpler man would just say your sitting on shaped fucking wood. You go on believing in your chair nonsense.

see how it works...

are we off topic yet?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 10:55:28 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads