*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 02:55:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!)
| | |-+  *DAMN Mod Section (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, Toby, Casper, BFG)
| | | |-+  My No Support "Mod"
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My No Support "Mod"  (Read 2019 times)
|GM|Vectorman
« on: August 08, 2003, 09:26:39 am »

After seeing everyone so distressed about support users, and the lag that comes with them, I decided to do something about it.  And ended up with this:http://geocities.com/vectormanz/nosupportmod.zip.  I know it's not much, but it's the best/only thing to acomplish what it does.  And all it is, is a kit restriction, restricting all support weapons.  No, it's not server-side, and no, it's not possible to make it that way.(Or so I've heard from several server-side mod authors.)

Right now, I'm not sure what to do with it, or how to distribute it.  So I've posted here, to get it out there, and see if it's will be of use to anyone.

And no, it isn't IT compatible, nor do I know if it will ever be. (I don't own IT)

-Vectorman
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2003, 06:07:20 pm »

I havn't checked in a while, but I thought that you could have "No Support" as a restriction in regular ghost recon...

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
+MOD+Kuza
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 11:42:26 pm »

nope there is no restriction for "NO support" in the server menu only a Mod would do that.

+MOD+yaKuza
| VP | Bijitch
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 12:59:34 pm »

I'll try to create this file as a restrictions kit...maybe its possible to change the support kits as pistols only kit without affect the other kit...supports takers will be punished by this poor kit  Wink

I give you results in few days
| VP | Bijitch
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 06:36:01 pm »

Good news for u Vector,

I make your server sided no support  Grin

In fact u cant suppress a class but u can assign what kit u wanna, so i make a support restrictions kits where support can only take pistols ah ah ah  Wink

here u can find my file:
http://www.homepage.mac.com/faniellebenjamin/Ghost_Recon on downloads page  Smiley
| VP | Bijitch
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 08:08:11 pm »

OMG  Lips Sealed

What a mistake !

You are right... Sad its impossible to server sided a .kil

The only way to server sided no support weapon is to modify the .gun files

just put "0" on ammo in support files and on support + extra ammo files and people take this weapon can't fire with it...

Smiley
Vectorman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 12:48:27 am »

Yes, it is quite disappointing.
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 05:17:12 pm »

What if you, making all the support wepons nades? Hehe, i found a way to make a gun that when u shoot. A nade comes out and blows up you instantly. Mwuahahahaha.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 10:00:01 pm »

If I recall correctly, it's possible to create a server-side kit restriction. The caveat is, you must modify one of the existing restriction files that GhR ships with.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2003, 08:54:28 pm »

I do not understnad the problem with support. Ok I know damn well that Noobs who hold down the trigger for the entire game lag the server.. but what about those who arn't noobs? I got shouted at the other day for using support gun. Yet as the results showed, i had second highest score, and had shot almost half as many bullest as some as the riflemen who scored lower than me...

Could someone please make a "Noobs not allowed to go anywhere near a support gun" mod?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
abe (lazy)
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2003, 09:24:44 pm »

I agree totally, BFG. This mod is somewhat retarded in my opinion. First off, everyone knows that the biggest cause of lag and server crashes is excessive use of oicw nades, yet know has made a "no oicw ("whore-gun") mod". I like using the oicw as much as the next guy, but i will be the first to admit that it gives you a huge advantage in game. Getting kills with a support ("lag") gun, on the other hand requires a lot more skill and precession, since the recticule closes much slower and the zoom is virtually non-existant.

I just hope i don't see this mod being used on any severs...

Btw. can't you make a kit restriction file instead of instead of altering all the files?
MainMaN

moo

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2003, 06:51:20 am »

Ghost recon did a horrible job balancing the game play out. Your right... the game is based on OICW/SA 80. When you start using some mods like frost bite the game gets better.

Not an iron in the flame, Faith is just a flicker, But it's burning just the same. - Paul Alan

SparK - Forums :: http://sparkforum.cjb.net :: Raven Shield Modding Source
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads