*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:52:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Ghost Recon Mod Assistance  (Read 1089 times)
[FU]Insipidus?

« on: April 19, 2004, 07:23:26 am »

I recently started playing online gaming with GameRanger. As such, I found out just how limited own?s online playing comptibility can be without the possession of active mods. In response, I downloaded a bunch of server-side mods for Ghost Recon from PlanetRainbowSix (*DAMNR6) (http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/macmods/index.shtml) in what was labeled as being a list of mods for the Mac version of Ghost Recon. I tried to carefully follow the instructions that came with each of the mods as they pertained to folder locations. However, when I launched the game, opened the options menu, and then opened the mods menu, they were not available for activation. Can anybody help? Also, my version of Ghost Recon has been updated to v.1.4.0.0 if that helps any.  Embarrassed Tongue
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 07:52:48 am »

Server-side mods do not need to be activated. They will show up with the rest of your missions.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2004, 07:54:03 am by Monoman » Logged

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 05:08:11 pm »

Yup, serverside mods don't appear in the activationlist because they are mainly to change specific features in the existing game. Like weapon restrictions, new sort of missions on the existing maps. Its only when you actually download maps with new objects on it and a new enviroment. Then you can activate them, because when ppl want to join your game on gameranger they need those same maps to play with you.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
westamastaflash

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 11:54:17 pm »

Smljhndnsmr,

The mods you really should get are the Damn BL Map packs 1.5 and 2.0 (these are seperate packs). Both can be found at http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/macmods/grmap.shtml

Download these, run the installers, and activate them in the Ghost Recon Options menu, under mods. You should be good to go to play most games on gameranger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads