*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:07:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sorry Blake, I dont feel like cbing.  (Read 1515 times)
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« on: November 25, 2005, 09:19:46 am »

Im getting sick of clans not cbing when theyre going to be in front of the computer for then next 3 hours anyway. No ones asking anyone to change their personal life to cb, but if youre gunna be playing anyway, and youre signed up on a ladder.. what the fuck is holding you back?

The first answer that comes to mind is the clan wont cb because they dont want to lose. I'm not being cocky here... no one wants to lose, and again, not toot our own horn but cbing dr. is a tough task, I know I wouldnt want to do it... But if you signed up to play in the same ladder as us, and you have any desire at all to do well in the season, youre gunna have to play clans that are challenging, and even better than your own.

If the answer is that you truly "dont feel like it" or "arent up to it" whatever the fuck that means, and you would have the same answer if you knew you would win the cb... Thats fucking great, youre still adding to the end of the RvS ladder... and therefore you suck. There are rules now to prevent inactive clans.. and if you decide to "suck," and not cb when you have the time to, whatever your reason is... you add to the inactivity of other clans who are looking for cbs, and trying to be active... win or lose. I dunno if selfish is the right word for that... but it sounds pretty close.

Again, please dont take this as cockiness beacause its not.. but if youre thinking something along the lines of "Thats easy for blake to say.." try and remember season 9, when the RvS team for dr. was basically me and spike. We went about 2-9 because we cbed every chance we could. We ended up below clans who had done nothing but lose a game or 2 or 3 because we werent fucking pussies. Im damn proud of all the dr.s ive seen on lately... and if we have the time to cb we will. if you think I wouldnt say that if my clan wasnt as hard to beat as it is... prove me wrong.

If nothing else.. I hope this thread will encourage people to at least lie to us... dont tell me you dont fucking feel like it. This isnt just about dr. either. There are plenty of dangerous, kick ass clans on that ladder, who never turn down a cb if they have the time, and the members online. They know who they are, and kudos to them. Anyone with a different attitude shouldnt bother signing up... It reminds me of people who camp... You care more about not losing than you do about winning, and thats like the definition of a pussy.

I lost my temper earlier with [a] and for that I apologize... I dont want to seem/feel like an asshole everytime i ask for a cb... Thats not how it should be, and i guess thats my point.

-blake

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 10:00:59 am »

Welcome to DBL Blake.

For the past 3 seasons we have had this exact problem. At some point I got so frustrated by the excuses people gave us for avoiding a cb, that I made a little compilation in a Word doc, quite funny stuff.

But I guess that’s the punishment for being a tough clan to beat. My advice would be to buy a PC if you want some serious competition.

Otherwise...good luck

Mags

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 04:06:51 pm »

Except dr wasnt a tough clan to beat lost season. We lost pretty badly if I recall correctly. Blake is right, grab your nut sacks and cb, or get off the ladder. Simple as that.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:05:49 pm »

Well you can't always get a "yes" for an answer so don't go bitching in here if you don't that's kind of rediculous.

I bet this thread gets nothing accomplished whatsoever.  :MoD: was one of thoes clans which sometimes we truly did not feel like cbing since that is not what made or broke us.  The reason we were a clan was because we enjoyed playing together and less becasue we wanted to win - yes that was in the backs of our minds always and we were right there in the finals and semifinals every year.

The problem with CB's is sometimes they go great and smooth and you can get them over with but other times they are dragged on for hours upon end and that is not accptable since alot of us have lives and other shit we have to do.  This blake is more the reason people don't CB because they can't commit.  Then you say why are they on for 3 more hours?  Well that may be because they didn't in fact have to go anywhere or do anything but they had to remain "on call" so to speak for the duration.

So don't go bitching at clans for not cb'ing and start making up reasons which you think they won't cb because they are untrue.  If you want to cb constantly then buy a PC like Mag says but with only 8 people on a ladder it's very hard to get a CB.

This is one of the reasons I just signed :MoD: up for the CQB ladder alone - we can't handle that much structure in our lives with the finals and everything.  I am not going to make time in my life for an online gaming finals.  If we play one CQB the whole season I'll be amazed and if we don't then that's fine too but it's there if we want it.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 06:53:57 pm »

Shade i do hope you realise i will actually have to load up GhR and play a CQB with you if you do that Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
||DeStrOyEr||

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 07:56:23 pm »

If u want, BBs are always ok for cb...

No one can afraid us!

but a lot of clan refuses our cb too, i'm alright that's boring...

-DeSt

ps. we cbed u 2 times last season !
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 08:00:51 pm by BBs|DeStrOyEr » Logged

*NeVeR StOp KiLLiNg YoUr EnEmIeS*   -DeSt
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 10:20:32 pm »

Yes dest, bbs has never turned down a cb when they have the means. and you guys always make for a good game.

Shade - you sound like a complete dumbass, read what ive said before you say im "bitching"

One of the first things i said was that no one is asking anyone to change their personal life to cb.. If you cant "commit" to a cb because you have something going on in youre own fucking life, OBVIOUSLY do what you need to do... What I fucking said was that people are telling me they "dont feel like it" which has nothing to do with what they have going on in their life. And I didnt fucking say why are they on for 3 more hours, I said "If youre going to be in front of the computer for the next 3 hours anyway" which means, if you KNOW you dont have to do anything, there shouldnt be anything holding you back from a cb. Dont put words in my mouth to try and make your shitty point. THAT'S called "bitching."

I came up with ONE reason, which is that the clan would not want to lose... which is understandable, if you think thats "untrue"... fine, most people would disagree. I dont see how you cant admit that a clan wouldnt cb because they dont want to lose. And yes, that is just what i THINK the reason is... what i THINK is all i have to go on when someone tells me they "dont feel like it" and what i THINK makes perfect sense whether YOU admit it or not.

And telling me to buy a PC if I want to cb is fucking ridiculous. All the clans on that ladder are expected to active when they can be.. I cant believe youd even say that. I cant even put into words how fucking ignorant and stupid that is dude.. just a weak ass argument.

Once again, Im not asking anyone to even "make time" to cb if they cant. Thatd be stupid... but if you have the time.. use it, thats all i want.

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 10:47:41 pm »

All I know is If I wrote that crap above, Spike would delete it and tell me to stop flaming the threads.

If a clan doesnt feel like cbing  whats the big deal?  Even if they just 'dont feel like it' it their choice to cb that second or never again.  RvS and GhR are getting old, not everyone is as enthusiastic about cbing anymore.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 10:56:22 pm by Po)| KITKAT » Logged
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 10:48:29 pm »

All I know is I wrote that crap above, Spike would delete it and tell me to stop flaming the threads.

We need more love

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 10:58:57 pm »

Your "bitching" is you whining like a little pussy when you know that NOTHING will get accompished by this thread. 

Shade - you sound like a complete dumbass, read what ive said before you say im "bitching"

If I hadn't read your stupid post in the first place then I wouldn't have got so upset.  It's people like  you that pissed clans like :MoD: off - constantly whining for cb's and never taking no for an answer.

What I fucking said was that people are telling me they "dont feel like it" which has nothing to do with what they have going on in their life.

You may say that your post is not supposed to be cocky but the fact of the matter is that it is cocky and you really have no better reason for creating this thread in the first place.  But please, keep arguing with me and we'll see what happens.

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 11:36:34 pm »

And with that I'd say we've just about degenerated this thread into a nice little flame war.

I shall now do the honors...

Admin owns

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads