*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:08:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Mod suggestions
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mod suggestions  (Read 3508 times)
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 04:57:35 am »

I agree with you Weed.. AA is way too pokey..so frigging slow just opening the game. For a "Dead" game.. GHR still draws the gamers. Besides..interesting how it takes someone to make a GHR Room titled "AA Server"  lol
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 05:03:14 am by *Macuber » Logged

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 07:18:20 am »

I agree with you Weed.. AA is way too pokey..so frigging slow just opening the game. For a "Dead" game.. GHR still draws the gamers. Besides..interesting how it takes someone to make a GHR Room titled "AA Server"  lol

Get a new Mac, yours is obviously too old and weak. "GhR still draws the gamers" because its requirements are very low... and the GhR community on GR is nowhere near where it was 2-3 years ago. Actually, GhR doesn't really draw anyone anymore, people are just stuck with it because of their old Macs. "AA is way too pokey"... yeah, because your computer can't run it, always a good argument.

And it takes someone to make a GhR room titles "AA server" because you can't host AA via GR. But I'm not gonna get into that... Roll Eyes

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 04:40:53 pm »

Cuber... don't you run a Mac store of some sort up there in Seattle? For crying out loud... upgrade, ma brutha.

And I only make GhR rooms with AA titles to tell you peeps that I'm running an AA server. I was hoping that some of you would come over to help me bump my honor up a few points.

My favorite game can beat up your favorite game

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
cottonmouth

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 05:44:58 pm »

If you think AA is laggy or too sluggish, make the tweaks to your ini file as well as updating AA to 2.5a and see how it runs.  I played a  AA a while back and swore I would never play that laggy POS game. Well... after tinkering around with all my settings (and being completely bored with GhR), the game runs great, and I play it with the same enthusiasm as when GhR first came on the scene.  It really is worth spending some time to get the game running, it has contains aspects of almost all the FPS games, and I am sure the US Army is gonna continue to develop and support their most powerful recruiting tool.
Give it a try fellas... it's worth it.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 06:03:22 pm »

i tweaked that bugger till my fingers bled - it still rungs like a POS though - and there is nothing more annoying than being toasted alive cos guys see you before your comp even registers their existance... it does my freaking nut in.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Civrock

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 06:46:45 pm »

No wonder. You need a new Mac, it doesn't even fulfill the requirements.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 09:16:28 pm »

Dosn't fill the requirements?! since when did a DP 1Ghz G4 with 1.5GB ram and an ATI9800 128MB GPU not meet the AA requirements?

Civrock

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:24 pm »

1.25Ghz was recommended since 2.3 already, and for 2.5 it's even a bit more.

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 06:17:52 am »

Get a new Mac, yours is obviously too old and weak. "GhR still draws the gamers" because its requirements are very low... and the GhR community on GR is nowhere near where it was 2-3 years ago. Actually, GhR doesn't really draw anyone anymore, people are just stuck with it because of their old Macs. "AA is way too pokey"... yeah, because your computer can't run it, always a good argument.

And it takes someone to make a GhR room titles "AA server" because you can't host AA via GR. But I'm not gonna get into that... Roll Eyes

I run FCP HD,DVD Studio with Motion on my PBK 15" just fine Civic. Why do I need a faster Mac for a "Free" game?

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"

STFU

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 02:40:37 pm »

I run FCP HD,DVD Studio with Motion on my PBK 15" just fine Civic. Why do I need a faster Mac for a "Free" game?

This is getting far, far off topic, but... why are you guys equating "free" with a bad? AA is NOT some freeware pong game. Plus, revenue is not the primary goal with this game -- it's advertsing and marketing. AA is one of the first true "advergames".

I interviewed for the Creative Director's position at the ad agency that does all of the Army's branding and marketing work (TV ads, magazine ads, websites, recuiting materials, etc.). During the series of discussions I had with them I learned that this game is one of the major components in the Army's new marketing campaign. Everyone should read this analysis of AA's role as a recruiting and brand messaging tool for the Army. It's freakishly fascinating...

http://www.gamespace.nl/content/NieborgVanderGraaf_TogetherWeBrand_2003.pdf .

It might turn you off from the game all together, but I believe it's the future of big games... especially war simulations. So, if you like this genre of game, you better get use to it. The Marines have First To Fight. The Air Force can't be far off with some sort of flying game.

So don't knock it just because this initial offering is free. Creating AA actually saved the Army money. They generally spend $2 Billion USD per year to attract 120,000 recruits through print and tv ads. Their investment in AA was about $7 Million USD so to break even, they only need to attract 120 recruits. And initial numbers show that it's working. Traffic to recruiting sites is up 28% since AA launched.

Of course, somebody's got to get paid. Civic probably knows more about the behind the scenes stuff, but I'm assuming that they gave AA out for free to hook people before they launched http://www.riseofasoldier.com which cost you $60 a pop.

And, how many of us actually PAID for our copy of GhR??

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2005, 04:01:40 pm »

And, how many of us actually PAID for our copy of GhR??

mememe! Wink Hell i had allways dreamed of a 'non urban' version of Rogue Spear - i remember describing the version i wanted to see and then lo and behold GhR was announced. I remember the first time i booted it up on my mac and loaded up the 'caves map' for the first mission... i almost had to change my trousers after watching the trees move in the wind and looking at my squad mates....

"what they did wrong in GHR and where the f*ck is a decent GhR 3 that isn't some urban RvS rip" can we get back on topic. Im as much to blame as everyone yes i know. anyway.

So Back to the topic in hand please, i don't want to have to delete all our posts!! Smiley

STFU

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2005, 05:39:42 pm »

I remember the first time i booted it up on my mac and loaded up the 'caves map' for the first mission... i almost had to change my trousers after watching the trees move in the wind and looking at my squad mates....

Please note that I'm not bashing GhR as a game. I too got wood the first time I loaded up the game (which I initially paid for, but downloaded after a HD crash) and I played it faithfully for 3 years. I'll certainly come back to it in few years when they finally release GhR3 and then port it over to Mac.

To get us back on topic... I don't think there are any mods that would make GhR cool again. It's dead Smiley
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 05:41:19 pm by [:] Mr. T » Logged

WeedWacker

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2005, 05:41:39 pm »

I play GhR simply because it's easy to play and, although there's a lot of depth, it's not a game that's been hindered by being overly complex.  While T makes claims that GhR is "cute," meaning his game is much more advanced and, therefore, more fun, I'd like to remind him I play Hardwood Solitaire, Snood, Tiger Woods, and a number of other "cute" games for one reason:  THEY'RE FUN.  While GhR may bore you, many of us still enjoy it and would love to improve ir in the short-term until GhR3 is released for the Mac.

That being said, does anyone have any information on a release date for GhR3 for Mac?

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Civrock

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 06:44:18 pm »

End of next year at the earliest, if at all. I'm not very confident about it ever coming to the Mac (we'll see which effect the Intel switch will have, though...). Don't rely on it.

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2005, 08:02:32 pm »

the best mod out for GhR right now is AA 2.5.   clapping hands

STFU

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 08:17:35 pm »

While GhR may bore you, many of us still enjoy it and would love to improve ir in the short-term until GhR3 is released for the Mac.

That being said, does anyone have any information on a release date for GhR3 for Mac?

Why? Your whimpy computer won't be able to run it any way!   lol lol lol

Civrock

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 08:25:19 pm »

And btw, AA is much closer to GhR than GhR3 is going to be.

WeedWacker

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2005, 10:33:12 pm »

While GhR may bore you, many of us still enjoy it and would love to improve ir in the short-term until GhR3 is released for the Mac.

Why? Your whimpy computer won't be able to run it any way!    Nade Nade Nade

I want to hold off getting a new Mac until the fabled Intel-based Macs are released so it has a future...and so I can hold onto it forever before complaining about how GhR4 is dead and you can tell me to move on to a real game..."AA3."  Plus I have a camera lens addiction I must feed...

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads