*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:58:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  Mod suggestions
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mod suggestions  (Read 3507 times)
WeedWacker

« on: November 24, 2005, 05:24:17 pm »

I've been wanting this mod for a long time but not sure if it's even possible:  a random kit selector mod where the player has no idea what kit they'll have until the game starts.  One game you'll be running around as a demo guy with a bizon and the next you'll be sniping with an m82.

That could make things interesting.  Of course, there could also be kit restrictions built-in (server side) so there can be no support, or force everyone to a rifleman type of kit.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 08:06:31 pm »

What happens to the guy who gets the crappy kit, and one guy gets an amazing one?  I think the kit restriction would have to be for everyone.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 10:55:32 pm »

Unless you make it like Halo 2's fiesta mode where every time you re-spawn you get a new random kit.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
WeedWacker

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 06:54:22 pm »

A crappy kit?  I've seen guys with an M9 kill a dude with OICW.  It could be changed on respawn I suppose but I think the randomness would make it interesting.

WeedWacker's guarantee:  "if I don't kill you within 3 shots, the next one's free."
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 06:55:15 am »

A crappy kit?  I've seen guys with an M9 kill a dude with OICW.  It could be changed on respawn I suppose but I think the randomness would make it interesting.
And how many guys have you seen molest a moron with an M9 from halfway across the map, whenever the fool who has the m9 cant even see him?[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Hunter

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 11:12:37 am »

spawns? ew.
WeedWacker

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2005, 05:10:23 pm »

And how many guys have you seen molest a moron with an M9 from halfway across the map, whenever the fool who has the m9 cant even see him?[/size]

If you were to get the M9 I'm sure you'd try a different tactic other than "snipe."  Sure, the M9 would place you at a disadvantage, but that's exactly why it would be fun. 

Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 12:40:30 am »

A long time ago I created a gametype that would randomly change everyone's kit. I hosted with it for while but, it seemed only a few people were really in to it so I stopped working it.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
WeedWacker

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 01:19:49 am »

A long time ago I created a gametype that would randomly change everyone's kit. I hosted with it for while but, it seemed only a few people were really in to it so I stopped working it.

Hmmm...that's good to know...ok, how about a "limited ammo" gametype where people get two clips of ammo and 1/3 of the explosives (GL rounds, nades, or rockets)? 

theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 02:54:18 am »

i like the one clip of ammo idea...

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 06:11:35 am »

If I can whack the mofo who dont shoot me with my gun after I blaze all the bullets with my l337 Full Auto Spam.[/size]

WeedWacker

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 05:42:29 pm »

If I can whack the mofo who dont shoot me with my gun after I blaze all the bullets with my l337 Full Auto Spam.[/size]

Maybe the solution would be to have one clip of ammo in the primary weapon (e.g. SA80, OICW, or whatever) and an M-9 with full ammo instead of nades, GL, or rockets. 

gsr

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 09:33:20 pm »

I like the idea of random weapon selection Weedwacker.  It might be more fun in a game with spawns though.  Cutting down the ammo is OK too, especially the GL although I have run out of ammo with the regular weps, full auto is such a waste.  I always kinda liked that changing weather mod.  I guess everything might be random - weapons, spawns, weather - for total chaos.  How about random God Mode for 10 secs? or invisibility? or all walls become transparent?

You got some creative thinking going on here WW, keep it up.
[a] kitkat

I've got tone...

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 08:19:55 pm »

It has all been done...  I don't think that any type of mod is going to perk more interest in this game.  We have over-played it out with every hack and every mod imaginable.  We just need GhR3..  Thats the only solution.  Everything else is just stretching the rubberband a little further
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 08:35:36 pm »

Everybody should get new hardware and start playing AA. Elements of GhR, CS, RvS, CoD, BF1942 (except vehicles)... All-In-One. Further development for many years to come and a great tracker system for stats, etc -> motivation. And it's free. Smiley

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2005, 11:55:19 pm »

Everybody should get new hardware and start playing AA. Elements of GhR, CS, RvS, CoD, BF1942 (except vehicles)... All-In-One. Further development for many years to come and a great tracker system for stats, etc -> motivation. And it's free. Smiley

Word.

By the way... if you wanna try out AA, the Special Forces Clan server is now an HONOR server. It's also open to everyone... no password. You can also use our TeamSpeex server to chat on too. Check out our forums for more info ---> http://s7.invisionfree.com/Special_Forces_Clan/index.php?showtopic=379

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
WeedWacker

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 12:36:01 am »

Word.

By the way... if you wanna try out AA, the Special Forces Clan server is now an HONOR server. It's also open to everyone... no password. You can also use our TeamSpeex server to chat on too. Check out our forums for more info ---> http://s7.invisionfree.com/Special_Forces_Clan/index.php?showtopic=379

Funny, if you go look at http://www.gameranger.com/topgames/ you'll see the (dead) Ghost Recon at #2 with roughly 20 times more users/games/whatever that thing tracks than America's Army.  What am I missing?  AA may be a superior game, but until it picks up a bit I prefer to stay with a "dead" game with many more people playing it. 

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 01:42:22 am »

Funny, if you go look at http://www.gameranger.com/topgames/ you'll see the (dead) Ghost Recon at #2 with roughly 20 times more users/games/whatever that thing tracks than America's Army.  What am I missing?  AA may be a superior game, but until it picks up a bit I prefer to stay with a "dead" game with many more people playing it.

What you're missing is the fact that searching for AA ames via GR isn't the best way to find them. The in-game server browser gives you far more info about each server than GR does. That's why it ranks so low.

On average there are 1600 to 1900 listings when you go to "deployment" in the game to look for a server. That's more hosts than GhR sees in 6 months.

And, according to http://www.americasarmy.com there are over 6.2 MILLION register AA players with 150,000+ just this month. With those numbers I'd wager that there are probably many more people playing AA than GhR.

Try it out. You'll realize just how cute GhR is after you play a more advanced game.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 02:18:18 am »

What you're missing is the fact that searching for AA ames via GR isn't the best way to find them. The in-game server browser gives you far more info about each server than GR does. That's why it ranks so low.

In fact, GR has a far superior server browser for AA than the one in-game. Way faster, way more accurate and the filters actually work. I always join AA servers via GR.

And WeedWacker... you're funny. The low number on the Top Games list on GR of AA is because AA can't be hosted via GR, only joined via its serverlist. That's what it counts. All the dozens of thousands of people who join through the in-game browser, particularly PC people, are not included in the calculation.

AA is more active than GhR has ever been, and will be at this or an even higher level for many years to come. At this very moment there are over 7000 people playing AA, and it's even far more on weekends.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
WeedWacker

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 04:17:54 am »

Ok, well I saw GR had option for hosting AA.  I tried AA and much too slow for my comp...gonna be some lag in me replacing comp - gonna wait til Intel Macs are out.  While GhR may be "cute," I wasn't overly impressed with AA.  I may wait until GhR3 is released, or whatever next tactical combat game comes out to get involved...until then, it's GhR.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads