*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:51:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  TeamSpeex - TeamSpeak for Mac OS X
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TeamSpeex - TeamSpeak for Mac OS X  (Read 10814 times)
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: October 12, 2005, 05:46:33 pm »

TeamSpeex

Introducing TeamSpeex!
October 10th, 2005

Wondering what TeamSpeex is? I?m happy to tell you but first I?ll explain what TeamSpeak is:

TeamSpeak is a Voice over IP program used by alot of gamers to communicate with each other with voice. The TeamSpeak client is available for Windows and Linux users and an official Mac client has been announced more than 1 year ago but there is still no Mac client as of today..

So I was tired of waiting and seeing Mac users being left in the dark and not supported by not having a client, up until now ofcourse because (you probably already guessed it) TeamSpeex is a TeamSpeak client for Mac OS X!

I named it TeamSpeex because it only supports the Speex codec.  It is fully compatible with existing TeamSpeak servers, and with PC and Linux users.

Here is a screenshot showing the User Interface:

Currently the client is being beta tested by several Mac gamers, an open beta will be available soon for everyone to download, so stay tuned!

Hmm... if it's this easy, why did the real TeamSpeak guys never realized a Mac version which they promised for years?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:51:47 pm by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 05:48:19 pm »

Yeah, whatever...what time does the Apple news thingy start today, Civic???

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Civrock

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 05:50:21 pm »

10am PST, 1pm EST. In 1 hour and 10 minutes.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 05:51:31 pm »

10am PST, 1pm EST. In 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Ah, so 12pm My Time (CST)!  clapping hands

So where can I watch a streaming version of it?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 06:04:26 pm »

ahh post 5001...

Teamspeak at last! I think im in shock, i couldn't quite believe we would ever see it... now i can hook onto those god damn AA teamspeak servers and listen to stupid little kids screaming at each other... yay! Wink

ps, GS no announced stream of the event... there better be one though or at least some near live wepage updating from someone, i've been like a kid waiting for christmas for the last week! i want my DP DC G5!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 07:11:51 pm »

Ooh BFG wont this be nice for AA

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 07:12:33 pm »

yes... yes it will. hehe it will be very cool Smiley - the annoying little kids!

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 07:22:14 pm »

wont it be so fun to screw with them?  I can just imagine sab making all of them cry

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 07:35:53 pm »

My little Ventrilo friend hasn't done a thing, it took some random person to develop a seperate app that can connect to the TeamSpeak servers instead of the TS devs themselves.  Vent is still better than TS but I guess this will be a step up from NF.

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 03:15:48 pm »

Relenquishing access control, waiting over a year (or more) for the beta, being at the mercy of screamers, is an improvement HOW over the currently available KDX>? How is logging into a 16 man AA TS server going to be a convenience? Or a 64 man call of Duty server? or thirty man WoW server?

Your thought process is totally lost on me.

•Surely it cant have a much better bandwidth consideration...5k/per is nothing for dsl users.
•You can control access to WHO gets to scream in your ear with kdx.
•You can do comms with Teamates only, as opposed to a 30 man screamfest..hahah WEEE FUN!!!!!!
(just imagine for a moment...30 Sars..all screeching about choclate milk...IMAGINE IT YOU HARDHEADS!!)
•Has been PC compatible the entire time
•File transfer, and personalized Drop boxes with KDX
•KDX servers take 10 seconds to configure.

I know some of you arent Actually going to like logging into a full room of screamers with no way to control volumes and all that too....(youre just pretending becuase its new)

Please for the LOVE of god, tell me its not becuase of that infinitely small registration fee..Please?
I dont want to think that youve all been disatisfied all this time with KDX (which has decent features) becuase its shareware. Ill be disgusted with you all.

If you argue with me without some MASSIVE benefit ratios, im gonna LOL right in your face.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Civrock

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 03:22:22 pm »

It's only because almost all WoW clans or other game servers offer TS servers, not KDX servers. KDX is not nearly as popular and used, particularly in the PC world. It's not about the features, it's about being able to connect to these TS servers.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 03:29:12 pm »

For me personally, its being able to connect to those AA teamspeak servers...

no wait, ok. its about being able to know that 'if i wanted to' i can connect to the teamspeak server. Its a nice little app, haven't tested it out but its just a simple uncluttered window (quite different from KDX)

I can't stand people being retarded on voice chat, it does my head in and i just end up disconnecting... but i get the feeling in AA there are some places where the clans take things seriously and you can do the business...  btw, i guess there's no team chat etc etc with all that - so it must be a bit mad!

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 04:21:58 pm »

LOL fair enough...but i was sorta hoping youd argue so Id have something to do today.

I understand your point, tho.

And i imagine that I'll try with the AA servers and PERHAPS CoD...at least before 2.5 comes out, because it does seem that most of the guys are older, and not as inclined to the screeching as say mb wow servers..

I would NOT hesitate however to log onto a Hundred man server if they were all JUST LIKE BFG!!!  We need more love

The thought of having to endure guys like the One freaking the fuck out over his stolen CloudSong makes me shudder tho...

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2005, 04:55:57 pm »

Hehehe 100 of me... holy shit "mate, mate, mate, bloody hell, mate, by heck lad, mate mate wot wot tea, chucks away mate, tally ho mate jolly good show wot wot wot, mate mate,
... my god i'd drive myself and everyone else insane! I need to hear the sexy voice of the chilled out laid back sheixhundt on KDX again damn it hehe We need more love

Hmm the more i think about it though, its more worth while just hooking up with your mates etc while you play - AA transformed for me when i hooked up on Netfone with Sab and Dark (hehe and nomad lurking in the background somewhere) - suddenly you can actually freaking communicate rather than look like an idiot making hand gestrues that look like your trying to land an airplane, or marking your locations repeatedly and just willing your teammates to realize you've spotted an enemy but can't remember the right got damn key command to say so!

Anny hoo.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 04:59:27 pm by BFG » Logged

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2005, 07:43:54 pm »

Okay, am I the only one who's tested this PoS out?

Connected to the TS Public server find - couldn't find out how to do anything, tried to return to Safari and the shit crashed.  Opened it up again to find out that it hadn't saved any of my prefs, connect to the server again, bring Adium up to the front because somebody was talking to me and the shit crashed again.  This is either a very early beta and needs a shitload of work or it's my computers fault.  The idea was there, and here's the thing about comparing KDX to TS, they sound the same qualitywise but TS takes up a dumpload less bandwith.  If I got my way then we would already have Ventrilo which is the best out there.

-Shade (Ranting during CAD class)

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 08:20:22 pm »

haha yeah ok i've tried it out in a public server.... crash, crash, crash, crash, bang wollop Sad

its not the most stable of apps... if you do anything dodgey like open the application it will crash... the only way i could get it to run stable was to turn the computer off, put my headset on and make 'beep' noises while talking to myself.

ah well i live in hope....

(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 09:06:20 pm »

haha yeah ok i've tried it out in a public server.... crash, crash, crash, crash, bang wollop Sad

If you do anything dodgey like open the application it will crash... the only way i could get it to run stable was to turn the computer off, put my headset on and make 'beep' noises while talking to myself.

HAHAHAh you are so fucking funny dude....brilliant  clapping hands  (beep noises..lololol)

(ok, still laughing)

oh yeah..and this..

HAHAHAHAhAHAH SUCKERS...use kdx..good lord. Grin

(ok sorry, that does suck and DO keep hope alive....the world needs more optimists.)

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2005, 09:54:38 pm »

The thing is KDX blows compared to TS and Vent for Windows - if we could just get thoes things would look brighter.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 12:01:26 am »

Ok guys, it IS in a very new beta stage, this isnt even a public beta, I just gave it out to the mod guys so that we could test it,  I will tell the maker guy about all this shit and hopefully he can work on putting together a bit more stable version.

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 03:44:44 am »

Well it doesn't sound like it sucks so bad for some of these other people who are testing it.

Maybe they aren't testing the same thing that I have here.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads