*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:24:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to Start a New Season  (Read 911 times)
gsr

« on: June 10, 2005, 08:35:09 pm »

What needs to be done to start the new season?
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 09:27:45 pm »

Well we've got a nice little list going in the admin section, lets see if I can remember some of them.
1. New admins. We need some applications! Specifically with the RvS crowd.
2. The Chairman position. Currently under discussions with Mauti, I think I speak for the admin team when I say that we think this is the best and quickest way to get the season going.
3. Rule Changes/Revisions. Any rules you want changed, revised, done away with, we want to hear about it! Mostly on the RvS side, because the GhR ladders ran relatively smoothly. So if you have ideas about RvS rule changes, please post them! The admins will listen, and will take everything you say into account. This is not our league, this is your league, and you all should been the base from which the rules emerge.
4. DBL Mappack. Not actually sure what the status of this is, but I think we won't be releasing another one this season.

Thats everything I can remember.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:18:00 pm »

Well we've got a nice little list going in the admin section, lets see if I can remember some of them.
1. New admins. We need some applications! Specifically with the RvS crowd.
2. The Chairman position. Currently under discussions with Mauti, I think I speak for the admin team when I say that we think this is the best and quickest way to get the season going.

We had a few Rvs admins.... but most of us got tired of putting up with the BS.. Hell it made me stop playing Rvs and GhR for a long time (just start playing RvS again.. and i left the admin teams one or to seasons ago)

We had a chairperson type of thing in the past.. It didnt realy help  The chairperson just kept getting accused of abusing his power.. but in reality.. he had o power over the player of the league.. he just kept the rest of the admins on track and helped get stuff organised.

Now this RvS V GhR player thing is getting on my nerves... When I was an admin.. alot of peeps were like.. well you are just a GhR player.. not a RvS player.... But they failed to remember I was on of the first peeps to play a RvS game on GR.. and I was in either the first or the second Rvs CB that the BL had. Dont just say well he is a RvS player  or a GhR player just b/c they might play the game more then the other... WE ARE A GAMING COMMUNITY FOR MAC FPS GAMES ON GR... lets act like it.. promote the games not diss someone b/c they play a game that we dont play.. and as far as the RvS /GhR thing.... I have not realy seen that many RvS games going.. Hell.. everyone has been praising me for hosting Rvs on my days off is a big room b/c no one is realy hosting it much anymore..

What we need is mauti to give power to the admins to be able to start the season (on the website)

EDIT: I'm now putting my host up while at work so maybe we can get some peeps back into playing RvS
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 10:06:38 am by BTs_Lee.Harvey » Logged

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 06:58:01 am »

Are there any admins who dont have both games?  I recently got RvS and am hoping to play it for ? this season, so maybe harvey you could fill me in sometime on the problems with RvS, so that next season I can know them and be prepared for what is to come.  Woot cant wait to game RvS style!

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads