*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:33:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon FFA Poll  (Read 1174 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: March 20, 2005, 12:17:25 am »

This poll goes along with this thread:

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7951.0

Several of us on the Ghost Recon FFA Ladder have talked and think that the 4 games of the FFA match should be averaged and then the points based on those standings (1st, 2nd, 3rd, for a single match, not for the 4 individual games played within an FFA).
[/size]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 12:33:51 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 12:37:37 am »

As said GhostSniper you will always win points when you play good against equal or better ranked players, but if you play only small cbs against much lower ranked clans you have to play phenomenal to win points otherwise it could happen that you lose points, because as you know the more players play the more you can win at once and further the less you lose for a second rank, third rank, etc....

It's not a flaw, because it only protects that you fight bad players over and over again and always get points. You should at least mix the players like you did in the cbs against Shade.

The only thing that could be added, and is currently evaluated in the admin section is that you don't win/lose any points when you play against worse players. You only receive/lose points when you play against equal or better ranked players, so to gain points you need to beat your direct opponents, and when bad ranked players join your FFA room you only have the chance to increase the gap by beating them so they lose points, but you don't get/lose additional points.

Good night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 12:40:01 am »

But the problem I'm having is getting those "equal" ranked players to play.  I beg every night for FFA's and the only people that will join most of the time are the people at or near the bottom of the ladder, or well below me in the ladder.  Getting the people ranked near me is impossible.  When was the last time Twist played an FFA???[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 12:47:28 am »

This is again where you inactivity addition could become handy: that you may have to play X times per week or you gonna receive a penalty(maybe even against equal ranked clans/players). I have to explore the current script setup if it is possible or not otherwise such a rule will come when i have rewritten the complete *DBL script in october(estimated release date).

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 01:02:21 am »

When was the last time Twist played an FFA???[/size]

Knowing twist pretty well, it has nothing to do with rankings.. he just wants to have fun - the reason he doesn't play is because he thinks certain people, that i won't name, are camping biatches and always are by that bush by the rock on the side of the creekbed map... hehe

me on the other hand.. i just don't like FFAs at all - its too much bullshit no matter who you play

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 01:09:39 am »

When was the last time Twist played an FFA???[/size]
Knowing twist pretty well, it has nothing to do with rankings.. he just wants to have fun - the reason he doesn't play is because he thinks certain people, that i won't name, are camping biatches and always are by that bush by the rock on the side of the creekbed map... hehe

I wasn't saying he wasn't playing for any reason.  I simply said that Mauti is arguing that I don't play people around my own rank, and I said it's because I can't get people around my own rank to play.  And for your information, I seldom ever pick maps with trees anymore...I've been sticking to Training as my first map pick.  So I don't see what the problem is there.[/size]

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 01:21:25 am »

GhostSniper would like to measure his skills with the best FFA players, but he can't so he is kinda stucked at the 3rd place right now.

At all the poll is missing the actual problem and so not helpful. However until season XI I gonna find a fix, GhostSniper that's a promise. I actually have one in front of me but I have to run a  full user scenario first.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 01:24:01 am »

At all the poll is missing the actual problem and so not helpful. However until season XI I gonna find a fix, GhostSniper that's a promise. I actually have one in front of me but I have to run a  full user scenario first.

Sounds good, Mauti.  Can't wait to see the changes.[/size]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads