*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:41:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gays versus fat sheeps  (Read 856 times)
Flies
« on: February 11, 2005, 02:06:37 am »

clapping hands
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 09:31:43 am by | ! | Flies » Logged
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 02:32:17 am »

This must NOT lead to some kind of compromise or whatever, that takes away the socalled Superfinals.
The Superfinals is - in our humble opinion - the best thing that has happened on the DBL for years.

In my own humble opinion, the super finals are the worst thing ever to come to the *DBL since Romulus and Rapid. The Super Finals is a system that rewards clans for inactivity during the regular season, and makes a 90 day regular season absolutely meaningless.

We have once and for all agreed in the clan, that we will never get back to the season-gaming, where we had to do 75 (!!!!) CBs in one season, just to stay on top of the ladder. I think BTs can remember those days, and would prolly agree with us, that the quantity race leads nowhere, and should be prevented.

I for one would love to see the day where we have to do 75 CBs to stay atop the RvS ladder, the more CBs the better. The "quantity race" as you put it leads to emense amounts of fun.

The key to winning the regular season is both to beat the top clans and to do lots of CBs.

The "Super Finals" allow clans with 1 win to be in the exact same situation as clans with 20 wins. With this, what the hell is the point of the regular season at all?

Should any of us be surprised to be hearing this from a Core member? A clan who has a history of inactivity during the regular season?

I will never support using a system which rewards clans for inactivity, or at least places them in the same positions as active clans.  [/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 02:51:28 am »

it hurts but i'd have to agree with Typhy. The old way was the better way, i have been thinking for many days why the hell was it fixed when it wasn't broken.

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 01:22:39 pm »

We have once and for all agreed in the clan, that we will never get back to the season-gaming, where we had to do 75 (!!!!) CBs in one season, just to stay on top of the ladder. I think BTs can remember those days, and would prolly agree with us, that the quantity race leads nowhere, and should be prevented.

Which, flies is exactly what we are trying to work on - so that quantity does not overwhelm quality. Take a look at the current GhR FFA ladder and compare if if you can to last season. the FFA ladder is now (in my view) a far far better balanced ladder.... You get points for playing, the more you play the more points u get - but if you play and win against better players then you get even more points.  - So we have here a ladder that supports people playing as much as they like against who they like - but at the same retains a skill handicap/balance. If you cant play loads of games its ok, but you have to make those cb's count. if you can play loads thats great and your still rewarded, but the balence is now more leveled between Quality and Quantity.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 02:18:55 am »

@ Flies: sorry for the late response but my part time jobs kept me away from the keyboard and it will be a pleasure for me to explain the FyS to you.

First the ranking is done after the fatvalue and not anymore by sheep. The sheep are more your money you can play with during the season. On the team ladders we of course still have SuperFinals.

You just play your cbs as usual. You make your bets and play. The big difference is that you get also rewarded by your own bet amount. So if a clan just wants to bet 1 sheep, you can still get a lot of fat points out of the cb, if you offer e.g. 20 sheep. You get rewarded for your own risk too. contrary to the normal sheep system where only the bet offer from your opponent mattered.

Beside the sheep amount you can also see sheep classes. The sheep class differences just help you to get a quick overview how well your win chances are and how many sheep you should bet. Otherwise you don't have to think about it. It's only a visual help.

The fatpoints are now calculated by your sheep bet and more or less the rank of your opponent. That's it. From a gamer's point of view it's far away of being complicated.

Hope you understand it now Flies =) Also redownload the rules - I have rewritten the system explanations very short to the point.

@ Nark: we had a few reasons to introduce the finals back in the day, it seems just that people forget very fast about past issues: some clans dodge other clans the whole season, they don't play a single cb against each other, in the finals if they are on top they have to measure their skills against each other.

In the past also clans got boycotted. They couldn't play as much as they wanted. So in such cases they still have a chance to get into the finals somehow and show everyone their skills.

@ Typhy: I think your post is snow from yesterday since mainseason winners also get their justified tribute.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads