*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:21:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your Superbowl Pick
Poll
Question: HAHAHA... Who am I kidding. We all know who's gonna win. But just for the sake of having everyone's opinion: Who do you think is going to win the Superbowl?
Patriots (Right choice) - 12 (46.2%)
Eagles (Wrong choice) - 10 (38.5%)
"I don't give a shit" - 4 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Superbowl Pick  (Read 6022 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2005, 05:32:35 am »

If god had intended for me to know how to spell, he'd have had to made me care.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2005, 05:36:25 am »

Sal's quotes:

There was absolutely no question in my mind they would defeat the falcons, and they will absolutely defeat the patriots.
WRONG

Patriots will be lucky to score at all.
WRONG

The eagles will take all 27 and more.
WRONG

the Eagles are are unstoppable, barring injury of McNabb.
WRONG

Owens will NOT play in the superbowl.
WRONG

The reason they showed footage of him jumping around yesterday was an attempt to fool the Patriots into planning for the possible pass game, but Owens won't be there.
WRONG

It appears that the only certainty here is that one of us will be talking shit after the game.
RIGHT

Patriots rule.  Cool

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2005, 07:51:59 am »

It appears that the only certainty here is that one of us will be talking shit after the game.

Yep. All I can say is that Owens played a GREAT game and your Eagles still lost. In my opinion Harrison should have won the MVP in the Super Bowl. He is one of the best team leaders I have ever seen.

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2005, 08:37:06 am »

Let me quote myself

And I am not an Eagles fan.

Despite what you think...Owens did not play.   His presence on the field is perhaps what cost the Eagles the game.  Despite the three (or so) interceptions McNabb threw it was still a VERY close game.

Anyway congratulations Snipe.  Im sure after living your entire life being wrong it feels good to be right right, even if it is just a football game.

Owens had 100+ yards recieving, and made some great catches on 3rd down late in the game that gave the Eagles a chance. McNabb threw 3 interceptions because the Patriots defense is so good.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell was up with the Eagles clock managment at the end there? Down by 10 points, 4 minutes left, and they're taking 25 seconds a play and running the ball!

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2005, 04:09:12 pm »

Does anyone have any idea what the hell was up with the Eagles clock managment at the end there? Down by 10 points, 4 minutes left, and they're taking 25 seconds a play and running the ball!

Yeah, I was like  Huh have they given up? Then of course they get the ball back and are overly rushed. With better planning they could have scored with 3:30 left on the clock and just punted the ball, held NE like they did and got the ball with better field position with 2 minutes left and had a legitimate shot.

I'm happy they gave the MVP to Dieon Branch, he had an amazing game and stood out more than Brady. On D Harrison could have had it but Buschi or whatever his name was had a great game too.
bronto
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2005, 04:23:01 pm »

the commercials sucked balls, i remember back when the bills used to always go to the superbowl and lose the commercials actually made me laugh. i dunno who they're trying to appeal to because i'm boycotting all those products for letting my commercial expectations down. miller was the best because they just kept talking smack about bud light. booyah.

anyway, the game was crap from the start. too many turn overs, wasted oppurtunities, no exciting drives. mcnabb was just throwing like shit, eagles couldn't get any offense in long enough, patriots running was pretty . half time was pretty good, but the atmosphere was all wrong. i saw some homie guy standing right next to the stage looking around confused at all the white chicks going crazy.

fuck that lame ass superbowl and fuck fox for their terrible presentation with crappy sound.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2005, 04:29:49 pm »

Owens caused the Eagles the game? lol... I had the feeling the Eagles were going to lose anyways but if anybody "caused them the game" it was McNabb.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
bronto
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2005, 04:36:35 pm »

yeah true that. owens isn't hot shit really, mcnabb wouldn't have even been able to hit him.
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2005, 04:46:54 pm »

Agreed McNabb lost the game in many ways. No team in the NFC has gotten in his face all year so when the patriot linebackers came at him he had no clue what to do.

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
bronto
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2005, 04:53:10 pm »

he was just making all the wrong decisions, holding the ball when he should get rid of it, throwing the ball when he should hold it. that sort of thing. also he kept on wasting so much time towards the end by forcing huddle. and yeah, they broke through and came at him more then normal, but on one of the sacks he dodged one guy and somehow another got through and jacked him...i blame the defense.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2005, 12:04:13 am »

Anyway congratulations Snipe.  Im sure after living your entire life being wrong it feels good to be right right, even if it is just a football game.

Actually, this is my third time being right. My third time in four years...

lol

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2005, 12:06:52 am »

Actually, this is my third time being right. My third time in four years...

lol

I haven't been wrong since Green Bay v Denver.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2005, 06:00:17 am »

John Elway is the man PERIOD.  You said rams over Titans?  Ooh, I hope you rooted for Titans anyway.  gah 1 freaking yard, it still makes me cry.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2005, 06:30:01 am »

John Elway is the man PERIOD.  You said rams over Titans?  Ooh, I hope you rooted for Titans anyway.  gah 1 freaking yard, it still makes me cry.

I pretend that horrific day never happened, with that horrible game.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads