*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:01:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your Superbowl Pick
Poll
Question: HAHAHA... Who am I kidding. We all know who's gonna win. But just for the sake of having everyone's opinion: Who do you think is going to win the Superbowl?
Patriots (Right choice) - 12 (46.2%)
Eagles (Wrong choice) - 10 (38.5%)
"I don't give a shit" - 4 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Superbowl Pick  (Read 6021 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: January 24, 2005, 03:57:56 am »

P

A

T

S

PATS

PATS

PATS

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 03:59:47 am »

<slight nod>

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 04:14:24 am »

Patriots all the way.  clapping hands

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 04:31:23 am »

Eagles, cuz the Pats raped my Steelers.  Angry

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 04:33:43 am »

<boos mellow>

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 04:37:46 am »

I think the pats will win... I'm happy either way, I was rooting for the Vikings to lose clapping hands

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 04:58:29 am »

The Steelers were a better team than the Eagles, and the Pats absolutely killed them.

Pittsburgh's back combo of Bettis and Staley will continually pound the hell out of the Pats front 7, causing them to bring up Rodney Harrison from his safety spot to assist. When they do that, the much larger and more physical Steelers recievers will have 1 on 1 coverage down field, causing monster mismatches that should lead to big play after big play like what happened in the earlier matchup.

Harrison seemed to be very content back at the safety position on that interception return today. Wink

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
SanitarySal
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 05:06:06 am »

Eagles made it clear today that with or without owens, they are a mature team, where intelligent strategic play combined with atheletic competence which will take them to a superbowl victory.   There was absolutely no question in my mind they would defeat the falcons, and they will absolutely defeat the patriots.

The patriots will not have a long passing game like they did today because the Eagles secondary is quietly underrated.   Eagles got it ALL AROUND (d-line, secondary, rb, wr, qb).   Patriots will be lucky to score at all.   

And I am not an Eagles fan.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 05:52:16 am by [BM]Sal » Logged
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 05:29:17 am »

Eagles made it clear today that with or without owns, they are a mature team, where intelligent stategic play combined with atheletic competence...

...combined with a freak outbreak of the Plague, forcing everyone on the Pats to miss the Superbowl?

Patriots will be lucky to score at all.

Because obviously they've been "Lucky" for the past few years, right? And against Payton Manning, right? And that rock solid Pittsburg defense, right? And the rest of the NFL, right?

When are people going to start realizing that the Patriots are not an absurdedly "lucky" team. They have what it takes to take on anyone. Period.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 05:33:56 am »

Eagles made it clear today that with or without owns, they are a mature team, where intelligent stategic play combined with atheletic competence which will take them to a superbowl victory.   There was absolutely no question in my mind they would defeat the eagles, and they will absolutely defeat the patriots.

The patriots will not have a long passing game like they did today because the Eagles secondary is quietly underrated.   Eagles got it ALL AROUND.   Patriots will be lucky to score at all.   

And I am not an Eagles fan.

This is a Patriots team that held Peyton Manning, Edgerine James and Marvin Harrison to 3 points. This is a team who put up 31 points against Pittsburg.

The Patriot pass rush will get to McNabb, forcing both sacks and interceptions. Brian Westbrook may be able to run against Atlanta, but not against New England. The speed of the Patriot linebacks will shut down the Eagle's running game.

The Pats will pound Dillon through the line, I expect him to get well over 100 yards. Their offense will have no problems moving the ball.

27-13 New England.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
SanitarySal
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 06:00:02 am »

I would say the fan loyalty you have towards the Patriots is causing you to be subjective.   The Patriots have a chance, but it is just that a game of chance for the patriots.  Ie Luck.   If they get lucky with a deep pass like they got today (which was mostly luck that the Steelers defense wasnt there).   If they try that against the Eagles, that 'ball' won't fly.

The steelers performance was horrible, yet the patriots still allowed  27 points.   27.   The eagles will take all 27 and more.   Whereas the Eagles have allowed the least points to be scored againt them.   Holding Atlanta to only 10.

If you're a Patriots fan, I wish you 'luck', because that is all that will win it for them.  They are a skilled team, and may have earned their current rings,   but the Eagles are are unstoppable, barring injury of McNabb.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2005, 08:57:19 am »

Oh Sal, I'm going to have so much fun with your quotes after the Pats beat the daylights out of the Eagles on Sunday.

The steelers performance was horrible, yet the patriots still allowed  27 points. 

Yes, and they scored 41. How many points you give up is generally dictated by the style of the game. This was a high scoring game. New England was in complete control the entire time. 41-27 is a two touchdown victory over a 15-1 regular season team, who'd won 15 games in a row. The reason that Pittsburg "played terrible" is because of the Patriots defense. Bill Belicheck is a defensive genius.

The Eagles are unstoppable, eh? The Falcons got how many sacks of McNabb? 1 I believe? There is no question that New England's defensive line and linebackers are better than Atlanta's, leading to more sacks.

The Eagle's are only here because the NFC sucks. The Patriots, Steelers and Colts are all far better teams.

SanitarySal
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 03:43:12 pm »

It appears that the only certainty here is that one of us will be talking shit after the game.
*DAMN Bondo
*DAMN

The Radical Moderate

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 04:14:38 pm »

I have to confess I "misunderestimated" the Eagles. I thought the Vikings would beat them (I actually cared then) and I thought the Falcons would beat them. I thought without TO they would be unfit for the big games. However, the Falcons and the Vikings are not even close to as good as the Patriots.

I think how the Eagles will do against the Patriots depends on TO a great deal. Without TO or with a very limited TO, the Patriots will win. If TO is back and at 90+%, I think the Eagles can win if it goes their way. Still, long odds so I pick the Patriots. They know how to do this shit.

Unrelated point, apparently the Vikings are 60-40 to trade Moss. Ok, I guess I can forget about any Vikings playoff football for the next few years.
SanitarySal
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 05:51:05 pm »

Hey man.   I think the common mistake everyone makes about judging the eagles is Owens.   No question he is an extraordinary player, but alot of it is hype.  A receiver aint shit without a QB.   All great receiver's have bennifitted from great QB's.   And there is rarely if ever been such a thing as a great receiver and a shitty QB.   My point is, put any qualified receiver in there, and they will replace owens adequately.

Owens will NOT play in the superbowl.  That is my personal prediction based on my experience with broken legs.   The reason they showed footage of him jumping around yesterday was an attempt to fool the Patriots into planning for the possible pass game, but Owens won't be there.  he may suit up, he won't play.

By the way did any see that footage of Mitichell humbly thanking his own  hands  for being so great.   Too damn funny.   And it furthers my point about any qualified receiver.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 05:53:54 pm by [BM]Sal » Logged
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 11:34:52 pm »

Sal with every post you sound more and more stupid. First of all the Patriots not only deserve to win the Super Bowl the ARE. They have incredible linebackers and just a great over all defense. Offensive wise Brady is consistent in throwing the long and short ball while Dillon is running over everyone. New England is my second or third favorite team the Texans are my first.  Grin

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 04:33:42 am »

Stay on topic and no spamming or warnings will be issued. That means you Maniac, Sal and Frissbee. 5 Spam posts moved to Sewage Works.

Thank You,
voo
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 06:15:28 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
KoS.frizzle.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 05:06:12 am »

rgr, sry
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 12:08:18 am »

how dare you use the jets chant w/ the pats name. the only thing worse than a pats fan is that stupid accent.

burn in hell snipe.  exploding

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 12:23:33 am »

there should have been a third choice:

"i dont give a shit"

Anyway, hope we'll see nicer tits than last year's, coz those were really ugly !

OMG another 4 years !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads