*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:57:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your Ideal Candidate
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Ideal Candidate  (Read 6875 times)
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2004, 04:26:03 pm »

Do you eat shellfish, GS?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2004, 04:53:24 pm »

Do you eat shellfish, GS?

No, bad for your cholesterol and all.  Why do you ask?

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2004, 06:09:26 pm »

oh man are you missing out! GS i promise you try this and you'll change your mind about shellfish.

a couple dozen - little neck clams (make sure they're all closed)
1/2 stick Butter (i always use unsalted butter for cooking)
1-2 cloves minced Garlic
1/2 bunch of Basil cut in thin strips
2-4 tbs of chopped Parsley
1-2 cups of White Wine
2 Lemons quartered
S & P

Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the wine, clams, garlic, basil, parsley, lemons, and s&p. Cook over med - med high heat, and cover immediatly until all of the clams open.

i'm not to fond of oysters but i usually buy 3-4 dozen littlenecks when i make this recipe and it's a always a race and fight to the last one.

enjoy!

Chef Cutter
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 06:24:07 am by Cutter » Logged

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2004, 08:16:43 pm »

Im guessing your a Christian then... So why exactly are you prepared to remove all aid that the US give to the worlds most in need? Im seeing just a few contrasts in oppinion here. On one side your refering to the bible and how its an abomination for two people to love each other, on the other hand you seem to find it perfectly acceptable to allow millians of people to die. How so?

Let me put it to you this way:

Stop aid and let millions of people starve to death.

or

Cut back on the absurd size of your military and spend the money on environmentally friendly energy sources (won't happen while the republicans are in power), inprove education, provide a NHS, raise the bread line and have a few billion to spare)

Funny, since you appear to be a strong christian i wonder why your keener to let millions of people die, rather than destroy a military who's existance is to kill...  

We have just chosen to keep our own resources in reserve.
 Yep thats right, fuck up other countries to keep yours nice.

BECAUSE GOD SAID SO IN THE BIBLE.

Show me. Go on show me the exact lines where "god" (he wrote the bible did he heh) said that  that it was an abomination for two people to love each other. Becasue that is basically what you are saying. If not show me where it says that two men or two women cannot love each other?

Yes if Jesus actually existed i might have a quick word. pity about that.

So everything about loving all gods creatures ect is not true?... your not allowed to love someone if they are the same sex as you?

Id still love to find the quote in the bible which says "same sex marrages are an abomination"

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ssickboy

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2004, 08:53:54 pm »

you guys should step out of your holes for a bit and do some modern research on Jesus.  

Retire Bush
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2004, 09:16:24 pm »

For the second part:  Yes, same-sex marriages are an abomination.  BECAUSE GOD SAID SO IN THE BIBLE.

Unchanging Word of God and all that, eh? The anti-homosexuality passage in the Bible is Leviticus 18:22, and reads as follows (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." As an incidental side note, this says nothing about lesbianism.

Leviticus is primarily concerned with God's law--what you can't do and how you should be punished for doing it. Aside from the famous 18:22, there are some very interesting bits in there. For instance, 11:10: "And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:" It seems that God says eating shellfish is as terrible a crime as having sex with a man. Quick, let's pressure our elected representatives to shut down every Red Lobster in the country!
     Lev. 19:27 forbids cutting the hair at your temples or trimming your beard. "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard." I guess damn near everybody except Hasidic Jews are on God's shit list, eh?
     Lev. 19:28, the very next passage, forbids tattoos. "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Got any tattoos, O Honored Serviceman?
     Lev. 11:26 mentions eating bloody meat: "Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood:..." And to think, I've seen Christians eating rare steaks. For shame.

You used the Bible as the sole justification for your argument, GS. I refuse you the right to pick and choose, however. If you're going to say that a book written millennia ago is sufficient justification to deny people the right to live their own lives without your interference, you've got to take the whole package, from "God hates gays" to "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9), to "It's all good in God's eyes to sell your daughter into slavery." (Exodus 21:7)

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2004, 09:30:15 pm »

Im guessing your a Christian then... So why exactly are you prepared to remove all aid that the US give to the worlds most in need? Im seeing just a few contrasts in oppinion here. On one side your refering to the bible and how its an abomination for two people to love each other, on the other hand you seem to find it perfectly acceptable to allow millians of people to die. How so?
Let me put it to you this way:
Stop aid and let millions of people starve to death.
or
Cut back on the absurd size of your military and spend the money on environmentally friendly energy sources (won't happen while the republicans are in power), inprove education, provide a NHS, raise the bread line and have a few billion to spare)
Funny, since you appear to be a strong christian i wonder why your keener to let millions of people die, rather than destroy a military who's existance is to kill...  
We have just chosen to keep our own resources in reserve.
 Yep thats right, fuck up other countries to keep yours nice.
Show me. Go on show me the exact lines where "god" (he wrote the bible did he heh) said that  that it was an abomination for two people to love each other. Becasue that is basically what you are saying. If not show me where it says that two men or two women cannot love each other?
Yes if Jesus actually existed i might have a quick word. pity about that.
So everything about loving all gods creatures ect is not true?... your not allowed to love someone if they are the same sex as you?
Id still love to find the quote in the bible which says "same sex marrages are an abomination"

Here is the full text of the first chapter of Romans:

Romans 1

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name: 6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: 7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. 8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers; 10 Making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; 12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. 13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles. 14 I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. 15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Now, the most important parts of this scripture that you need to know are contained in Versus 24, 26, 27, 31, and for you, especially verse 32.  Now then, read that verse 32 again..."but have pleasure in them that do them."  So even if you are not a homosexual (which is against God in itself); if you let it happen it is just as bad.

As for the first parts of my argument....I was being totally sarcastic.  I do not want to stop giving aid to the rest of the world, nor do I really want all of our troops to stop protecting our interests around the world and come home.  I do, however, want the rest of the world to stop treating the United States like it is some dictatorship out to take over the world.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2004, 09:36:20 pm »

For the second part:  Yes, same-sex marriages are an abomination.  BECAUSE GOD SAID SO IN THE BIBLE.
    Unchanging Word of God and all that, eh? The anti-homosexuality passage in the Bible is Leviticus 18:22, and reads as follows (KJV): "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." As an incidental side note, this says nothing about lesbianism.
     Leviticus is primarily concerned with God's law--what you can't do and how you should be punished for doing it. Aside from the famous 18:22, there are some very interesting bits in there. For instance, 11:10: "And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:" It seems that God says eating shellfish is as terrible a crime as having sex with a man. Quick, let's pressure our elected representatives to shut down every Red Lobster in the country!
     Lev. 19:27 forbids cutting the hair at your temples or trimming your beard. "Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard." I guess damn near everybody except Hasidic Jews are on God's shit list, eh?
     Lev. 19:28, the very next passage, forbids tattoos. "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Got any tattoos, O Honored Serviceman?
     Lev. 11:26 mentions eating bloody meat: "Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood:..." And to think, I've seen Christians eating rare steaks. For shame.
     You used the Bible as the sole justification for your argument, GS. I refuse you the right to pick and choose, however. If you're going to say that a book written millennia ago is sufficient justification to deny people the right to live their own lives without your interference, you've got to take the whole package, from "God hates gays" to "Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones." (Psalm 137:9), to "It's all good in God's eyes to sell your daughter into slavery." (Exodus 21:7)

Your biggest problem here is in using only the Old Testament of the Bible to support an argument against me.  The laws of the Old Testament were washed away with our sin when Jesus died for us on the Cross.  Now if you look what I just posted, it is out of the New Testament, which is what Christians of today are taught to follow (not that the wisdom of the Old Testament should be overlooked, however).

I really don't think you are going to win any debates about the Bible with me though, I had good teachers.  My father is a Missionary and my father-in-law is a Preacher.  I have been in church since I was born.  And no, that does not make me perfect.  Being a Christian does not make me perfect nor does it mean that I no longer sin.  I do.  Everyone does.

However.

It does mean I'm forgiven.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2004, 09:59:34 pm »

I think one should not follow and believe the bible or any other "holy book" word-by-word, but look for the spirit of it. If you take a german or english bible, it has probably been translated from the latin one, whereas this one has been translated from a greek bible, and that one from hebrew. There are just too many translation errors in it. Additionally, the bible was written by men, and men a) are prone to errors, and b) are very influenced by the time they live in. Even the new testament has been written too long ago, that one can truly understand the context in which many parts of the bible were written in.

IMO, the koran is one good example for a religious book/writing, which is being followed by many of its believers too closely. In countries such as Sudan, Saudi-Arabia or the Afghanistan the Taliban used to rule, the koran is/has been the law. If there was a christian theocracy, things wouldn't be much different than in these countries.

one question for you, GS: do you believe in Creation like it is described in the bible? that it took 7 days to Create Earth and that?

Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2004, 10:37:04 pm »

one question for you, GS: do you believe in Creation like it is described in the bible? that it took 7 days to Create Earth and that?
Elandrion

Yes, I do.  For with God all things are possible.  Smiley

But really, I think we are all just a bit off topic now.  Unless someone is for Jesus as President.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 10:38:50 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

Overthrow.aHa!

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2004, 10:59:54 pm »

Ghost do you believe that the bible should be taken literally for everything? How can you only chose to follow one thing such as homosexuals being immmoral and not stone others for being adulterous?
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2004, 11:15:10 pm »

"Unless someone is for Jesus as President."

I say let's find us a small mexican named Jesus and stick him on the ticket.

All kiding aside, it's pretty hard to argue religious doctrines, laws, and tenets with people who follow them. They are their doctrines, laws, and tenets. Much like if when the French want us to eat frogs. It just doesn't fly.

However, and this is the part that gets me going and leads to my opinion that American Conservative Christians are schizophrenic (not clinicly, just of two heads) - their faith calls on them to be one way, their patriotism calls on them to be another.

To be truly American you must be able to seperate your practice of faith from your making of public policy.

The founders, revolutionary liberals of their day, (does anyone remember when the Dems were considered conservative and Repubs liberal? Little "l" liberal?Just a thought.) wanted religion seperate so that all faiths could be enjoyed, and none. But the conerstone of this is they wanted the people to be free and get free-er. Banning gay marriage *in the Constitution* is completely antithical our American brand of freedom.

All "under God"s aside, America was founded on the principal of secularism precisely because the founders saw how fundamentalist churchs, state sponsored religion, and political leaders used faith to abuse the people and inhibit freedom.

They may have been faithful people (many were agnonstic) but the Founders didn't want to turn Americans into copies of them - they wanted Americans to be whoever they are.

It's all fine and good to be religious, but to argue that, for example, gay marriage is wrong and should be banned because it's expressly condemed in the bible, nor backed by any religious text, is to truly and utterly miss the whole point of living in America.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2004, 02:37:06 am »

You make me want to live in the US, Six.

GS, you repulse me.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2004, 02:44:25 am »

I fail to see how living by the 'rules' of the bible which was written so long ago can have anything possitive. i have the utmost respect for people and their faith, but only to a point where we enter the realms of religous extreamists....

America was founded on the principal of secularism precisely because the founders saw how fundamentalist churchs, state sponsored religion, and political leaders used faith to abuse the people and inhibit freedom.

What a lot of people won't pick up on is that many of the founders were actually the equivelant of religious extreamists who could not or would not live in the societys that hey had left... im not saying they all were, or in somcases that they were moving away for a valid reason. I suppose ultermatly what im saying is they way in which some americans practise christianity is somwhat scary.

And im not just slagging of  religionas a whole by the way... if i had any faith it would be/ is in Buddism but i certianly have abosolutly NO faith in anything regarding christianity.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2004, 03:07:47 am »

I fail to see how living by the 'rules' of the bible which was written so long ago can have anything possitive.

America was founded on the principal of secularism precisely because the founders saw how fundamentalist churchs, state sponsored religion, and political leaders used faith to abuse the people and inhibit freedom.

As much as I agree with where you are coming from, BFG, I disagree with your statement. SOME (few, I know) elements of the bible are pretty fucking cool. Particularly the variants of thou shalt not kill. Indeed, most of the ten commandments are really good tenets. It's the extremes ppl go to to force apun others those tenets (often the hypocracy of this, trying to teach ppl to live under the rule of God, which is mostly based in goodness, through force and hatred) that really is the problem.

Variants of this, from Islamic terrorism to American Christian Fundamentalists agendas, I'd argue, that are the greatest problems facing humanity.

On an related note, attacking the bible is a good way to get flamed to death. Literally. By those that beleive it. Besides, we should take what's good from it before we toss it in the dust bin of history. ;-)

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2004, 03:25:24 am »

So, go argue that one with Jesus.  

I wish I could go argue shit out with Jesus. Perhaps there is a Heaven and he'll want to chat with a true Liberal.

Besides, seems like the dude was a hippie (and, you know, with all those guys he hung out with ... him never getting laid, and all ... I'm just betting Mary M was a fag hag), and I'm betting Jesus had a cool point of view on life. Like Peace, Love, Be Cool man.

I'm pretty sure if Jesus was around these days dude would be cool with gays.

It's the people who editorialized his fucking Book a hundred or two hundred years after his death that I have no interest in. Those fools shat on a good thing.

I'm looking forward to his resurection - either to be proven wrong (oh well, shit) or to see everyone who thought they were right proven wrong (yay!).

Either way, it would rock to chill with Jesus. Him and Buddha. And Confucious. Hell, even Mohammad. And L Ron Hubbard. But I'd keep Ron in chains and thoroughly druged in case he went all "wacko" on the group.

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2004, 04:40:18 pm »

Closer to the topic, there's a great article on Kerry and Bush in the latest Newsweek, apparently they both went to Yale, I never knew that, you should all read it. Also there's a shorter article about how popular JFKerry is in Europe, pretty funny.

I don't know if I'd like to chill with Jesus... would creep me the fuck out to be talking to a guy who'd been dead for two millennias ;o

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Ssickboy

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2004, 08:38:54 pm »

If he is resurected he'd most likely be outcasted and ignored for being a false christian and crazy dude.  Until of course he pulled out some mumbo jumbo magic.  Then he'd be a looked at as a marvelous sideshow.  Then what would he do?  He might attempt a large peace movement, and when he and his followers became too powerful in numbers, someone would most likely kill him off (crucified).  So... he may have already been resurected a few hundred times.  My point is, if you can separate yourself from the fantastic stories historically created in the bible, you'd see that Jesus and his teachings lives on.  We just choose to ignore it as anything real.  This is mainly due to the influence of long standing and powerful institutions that rather us believe that they are the true voices of God.  

Retire Bush
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2004, 01:34:26 am »

I'd just like to point out one small thing here. God said nothing in the bible. It was written by man and copied down through the millenia by man. It is no more God's word than anything I read on this forum. It's just an old "he said, she said".

Not that there isn't wisdom and good lessons in the bible, of course there are. It's the best summation of the human condition I know of. In fact, there is more useful life-living information in that one book than any other. But that doesn't make it the word of God.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2004, 03:14:10 pm »

Very true Alaric, The bible has to be the most famouse story, and stories are tales handed down from person to person, by word of mouth or by varient of text..

SOME (few, I know) elements of the bible are pretty fucking cool. Particularly the variants of thou shalt not kill. Indeed, most of the ten commandments are really good tenets. It's the extremes ppl go to to force apun others those tenets (often the hypocracy of this, trying to teach ppl to live under the rule of God, which is mostly based in goodness, through force and hatred) that really is the problem.

Variants of this, from Islamic terrorism to American Christian Fundamentalists agendas, I'd argue, that are the greatest problems facing humanity.

I totally agree, and im all for people tryiing to live under such guidlines as not killing each other. What i don't agee with is people 'picking and choosing' the bits they feel they want to 'use'.

That... and george bush Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads