*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 11:42:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your Ideal Candidate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Ideal Candidate  (Read 6878 times)
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 03:51:02 pm »

Could someone explain to me how the american president is voted?

What are primarys?
Why isnt Bush campaigning?
I heard something about electors, who are they, what do they do?

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2004, 04:08:30 pm »

Could someone explain to me how the american president is voted?
What are primarys?
Why isnt Bush campaigning?
I heard something about electors, who are they, what do they do?

Here is how the electoral college works:

http://www.fec.gov/pages/ecworks.htm

Now this is the really funny part of the process:

"The electoral votes are then sealed and transmitted from each State to the President of the Senate who, on the following January 6, opens and reads them before both houses of the Congress."

You see, the President of the Senate is also the Vice President of the United States.  So if he were running for President, and lost, he would have to read off his defeat to Congress PERSONNALLY.  This has actually happened, most notably in the case of Richard Nixon who lost to John F. Kennedy, and more recently Al Gore who lost to George W. Bush.

As for why isn't Bush campaigning.....he will.  But hey, he has the War on Terrorism to fight!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 04:15:13 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2004, 06:07:34 pm »

Bush is waiting for someone with a few brain cells to tell him that he might need to make an effort to get some morons to vote for him. He is incapable of doing this himself as both of his braincells are busy a) figuring how string two words together, and b) beleiving he is on a crusade of good v evil, west v east. Given his advisors he might have to wait sometime

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2004, 07:29:49 pm »

Actually, Bush doesn't have to campaign yet, since he's the automatic Republican Candidate.  The other parties are trying to select their candidates, that's the campaigning going on now.

Bush will start campaigning hard core once he finds out which Democrat he can start a smear campaign on.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
acura
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2004, 08:24:16 pm »

BFG, you are the one lacking brain cells. Look up the facts before you act like a tard and spout off anti-Bush sentiment. I love reading the crap some of these idiots post without bothering to look up the facts behind them. Making assumptions makes you look like an ass - especially wrong assumptions.

Bush is also "competing" in the primary elections, but he is running unopposed. Seeing that he is unopposed, he is not going to waste his time, money, or effort campaigning in an election that he is virtually guaranteed a victory in.

On another front, the idiot Howard Dean finally bowed out of the race...."Heeeeeyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!" Mr. Dean's downfalls had to be that retarded speech after his loss in Iowa, and the endorsement by Al Gore. Gore seems to lose everything that he is involved with after Clinton left town.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2004, 10:53:22 pm »

BFG, you are the one lacking brain cells. Look up the facts before you act like a tard and spout off anti-Bush sentiment. I love reading the crap some of these idiots post without bothering to look up the facts behind them. Making assumptions makes you look like an ass - especially wrong assumptions.

Bush is also "competing" in the primary elections, but he is running unopposed. Seeing that he is unopposed, he is not going to waste his time, money, or effort campaigning in an election that he is virtually guaranteed a victory in.

On another front, the idiot Howard Dean finally bowed out of the race...."Heeeeeyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!" Mr. Dean's downfalls had to be that retarded speech after his loss in Iowa, and the endorsement by Al Gore. Gore seems to lose everything that he is involved with after Clinton left town.

Bush is campaigning. Just doing a bad job.

Dude is facing the collapse of his public image, a crisis in public confidence, constant pressure from progressive and conservative groups on all fronts (like the new immigration proposal and Mars trip), and he's just not sure who he'll be fighting.

Back when it looks like it was gonna be Dean, we saw a lot of shit hit the fan about Dean. I mean, serious media shitstorm.

Then, with Kerry, we she more shitstorm. Trouble is Kerry's harder to smear (really hard to question someone's creditablitty when everyone is questioning your own).

and now here comes Edwards. Bush and goons (Rovites) just don't know what they are facing. Worse for them, they are on the defensive like never before. Kinda like right after the German's lost the battle of Stalingrad and 300,000 men.

As for hahahaha Dean: I guess that's one way of looking at it, Ac. Look at the idiota progressives who no one likes! Harharhar!

Think of it this way:

Yesterday, a Democrat won the first campaign for federal office this year. His name is Ben Chandler and he's from KY. He defeated a staunch Bush loyalist who ran on her 98.8% voter alignment with Bush and DeLay. One of the telling things about this election, other than it was the first time since '91 a Dem won a special election and, as thus, it's an indicator of where things are heading, this election was heavily support via internet contributions.

Chandler spent 2000 bucks on net advertising and had a return of almost 80,000 bucks.

And lookie! He won. Chandler's system of fund raising was based off Dean's.

That is, Dean's progressive nature and the infrastructure he built to run that interest has paid off in handing the Dems a very, very big victory.

Dean is now going to apply that fundraising, get out the vote rallying, message sending wonder that was DeanForAmerica.com to all Dem elections. Dean, if you remember, raised 40 million bucks (of which lots were from young and first time voters).

So Dean's contribution, as well as Gore's, has been to re-vitalize the Dem's, in fundraising, message sending, and rallying the troops.

Dean has done a very cool thing. When a Dem wins the pres we can all sing his praises, for Dean's message, his money, and his rallying power will have been the foundation of that victory.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 04:55:00 pm »

woot i've found a moron who would vote for bush!... ah probably if you were 10 years older that is.

"acura" or whoever since you wont use your registerd name on the bl... thanks for the info lol. Great to see someone is gonna defend bush and provide some quality entertaimnent.
So thanks for making me laugh, it was funny reading your post, and if you fancy making me laugh again by pointing out where exactly i made incorrect assumptions and exactly where did i post any 'facts'.
Oh of course not counting the fact that the guy is a analy retentive chimp who couldn't govern his own ass let alone a country.

I love reading the crap some of these idiots post
Ditto Cheesy

I think its time you went back to class, surely your play time is over now?

Cutter

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 06:16:57 pm »

woot! i found another moron that can't even vote talking shit about bush again!

Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 07:45:39 pm »

Cutter, if you're talking about BFG, you're right, he's british.

As for Bush, he's got his own little private hell up there I'm guessing.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
Cutter

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2004, 08:11:48 pm »

woot! another one! seems to be an endless supply here. it's the campain season here kami, there's nine months left till the election, and the reason it seems as though the president is goin through a tough time right now is because every democrat in the country is dragging his name through the dirt trying to get his job. he's going to be attacked for every little thing he does or doesn't do until then. and it goes both ways, but the incumbant usually doesn't go on the attack until he knows who his opponent is going to be. we just had the last democratic primary this week and it looks like john kerry is going to get the democratic nomination. he'll pick his team (vice president and such) and bush and his team will start their attacks. infact they've already begun their smear campain on the web with a nasty little commercial about kerry. happens every election. politics is a dirty dirty business.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2004, 08:40:01 pm »

I wonder why you always talk about people not being able to vote? It's like you enjoy disenfranchising them.

And about the age-comments. You can check on people's profiles for their ages. Both BFG and I post our ages. You do not. What are you hiding? :-)

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2004, 08:48:46 pm »

woot! another one! seems to be an endless supply here. it's the campain season here kami, there's nine months left till the election, and the reason it seems as though the president is goin through a tough time right now is because every democrat in the country is dragging his name through the dirt trying to get his job. he's going to be attacked for every little thing he does or doesn't do until then. and it goes both ways, but the incumbant usually doesn't go on the attack until he knows who his opponent is going to be. we just had the last democratic primary this week and it looks like john kerry is going to get the democratic nomination. he'll pick his team (vice president and such) and bush and his team will start their attacks. infact they've already begun their smear campain on the web with a nasty little commercial about kerry. happens every election. politics is a dirty dirty business.

Hehe. For once I completely agree with you.

But I think you should add "every democrat and journalist in the country is dragging his name through the dirt".

It also doesn't help bush that he just keeps fucking up and falling face first into the dirt. Wtf was up with the jobs prediction? Why does he say he'll release all records for National Guard service then won't, then will, does, then we find out the "complete" records are missing several important documents (like his final Officer Efficiency Report? His pay stubs? The Flight Inquiry Board report after he was grounded for missing his physical?). And why Mars? Why the fuck Mars and why ain't he talking about it anymore? And for a president who plays to his base like Clinton gets knobjobs in the oval office, what's up with his plan on immigration reform? It's a comedy of errors.

I'm just glad to see the house of cards fall. And the Dems sacking the fuck up after four years of pussyfooting.

Cutter

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2004, 09:01:02 pm »

i know how old the both of you are and i know where you both live as well six. age isn't the only factor in voting. and i don't know why you can't see my age. because unless ghostsniper has crazy telepathic birthay wishing powers, and he used those very powers to wish me a happy birthday, my age should be visible. even to you.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2004, 09:22:50 pm »

i know how old the both of you are and i know where you both live as well six. age isn't the only factor in voting. and i don't know why you can't see my age. because unless ghostsniper has crazy telepathic birthay wishing powers, and he used those very powers to wish me a happy birthday, my age should be visible. even to you.

Yep, Cutter is a ripe old 29 year old.

And GhostSniper will be 31 on April 10.

Damn I love talking about myself in the 3rd Person Smiley

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Cutter

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2004, 09:36:55 pm »

well nobody's ever accused bush of being the smartest guy on the block or being a good speaker, or even being able to complete a sentence with-out completley fucking it up, but i don't think in the last election anybody voted for just bush. infact the one thing he had going for him was the team he surrounded himself with. powell, cheney, rumsfeld, etc. rummy and cheney may not have a lot of fans, but to deny their experience in government and power in the republican party is silly. powell himself could have run and possibly would have won the nomination, maybe even the office.

and you don't think mars was his idea do you? nasa comes before the house all the time pitching ideas and begging for funding. we put a man on the moon what more than 40 years ago? i think it's about time they did something worthy of the billions they get every year. mars has been in the plannings for decades. this is one of the things that clinton with that nice surplus should have presented as his baby. he coulda picthed it to us like clemens, hit us upside the head with it, and we would've loved him for it. maybe it's a matter of waiting for the technology needed to be avalible. i think i said this in another post but, i have no problem with sending people to mars, i just think that with all the other shit going on right now he could've waited for an announcement like this. maybe after they get osama, things settle down in iraq, fixed the budget some.

and your right about the media, especially the media nowadays. 24 hours a day, local, national, and the worst of them all....cable news channels. nowadays if a 13 year old falls of a bike in montana i have to know about it in miami. little exaggerated but it's getting that way. howard dean is a great example, they built him up and then loved the ratings when he jumped off that cliff in iowa. for the last few months the democrats have had all the air time with their debates and attacks on bush. i suspect it's only gonna get nastier once the bush team starts digging stuff up on kerry and his pick for vp.

i don't know i hate the media for overplaying and dramatizing everything bad going on in the world, but it was pretty cool watching the war going on live on t.v. watching A-10 wathogs running strafing missions in downtown bagdhad and tanks and troops rolling down the street from saddam intl. airport. sadistic, but very entertaing right before playing some ghr.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 09:48:36 pm by Cutter » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2004, 12:18:20 am »

So very true, I can't vote to stop the Republicans staying in power, and its a great shame. I don't see anywhere were people who can't vote in the elections not being alowed to voice their opinions though.

So yes im british, it could be worse (could be a hell of a lot better) and no i can't vote. Dosn't stop me from giving a damn about world politics and the fact that i beleive that having bush or another republican in power is not a good thing, for either america or the rest of the world. So where exactly does it matter if i can vote or not? Unfortunatly it will effect my life. Perhaps if more people looked further than the end of their own nose or wallet people might notice how these issues have bigger inplications than your back yard.

kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2004, 12:23:08 am »

Cutter, with private hell I was referring to the fact that he hasn't gotten what he wanted from the Iraq invasion when it comes to primary objectives and other things like that, I was not referring to criticism against him per se.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2004, 12:33:43 am »

And how could i forget:

Ghost looking at your wish list.....

1.? Pull all U.S. Servicemen back into the United States' Borders.? This means ALL Servicemen...the peacekeepers in Europe and Asia, as well as those serving the United Nations, NATO, and in Foreign Embassies.
2.? Immediately block all trade going into or out of the United States.
3.? Immediately withdraw all foreign aid and demand immediate repayment from Europe and Asia for the costs of U.S. Involvement in WWII, as well as all debts currently owed to the United States.? Also, the U.S. will immediately pay off all debts it owes other nations.
4.? The next time the rest of the world errupts into war, LET THEM KILL EACH OTHER OFF.

So if your wanting to isolate yourself from the rest of the world would you mind also keeping all your own polution and carbon dioxide emissions? You can drill into your own nature resurves, cut your own forests down, and your military can sit around doing nothing as you won't be able to go off to war with other countries.  If you want to close yourselves off fine, ruin your own fucking country.

One last thing...

6.? Create a Constitutional Amendment banning Same-Sex Marriages.? These marriages are an abomination to mankind.

That statment disguests me. I have several gay friends and i would like to know exactly how this is an abomination? Seeing as all your oppinions appear to revolve around making sure you lookafter yourself and your country, why suddenly care about one other thing? If your not gay how does this affect you? What right have you to say that it is an abomination? an abomination of what?  What has marrage got to do with mankind? its our invention so who should say that a marrage of two women or men who love each other is an abomination? So love is an abonination then?

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2004, 12:41:30 am »

and you don't think mars was his idea do you? nasa comes before the house all the time pitching ideas and begging for funding. we put a man on the moon what more than 40 years ago?

Basically, I agree with everything else you sad (including a dirty, sadistic pleasure at watching us kick ass - yes, even I like a good american ass kicking)

Simply, put: all those policies I mentioned were set by the president, even if they were suggested by his advisors (as they surely were). The buck stops with him, even really stupid ideas, and not just the "glory" of blowing shit up.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2004, 03:40:13 pm »

And how could i forget:

Ghost looking at your wish list.....

So if your wanting to isolate yourself from the rest of the world would you mind also keeping all your own polution and carbon dioxide emissions? You can drill into your own nature resurves, cut your own forests down, and your military can sit around doing nothing as you won't be able to go off to war with other countries.  If you want to close yourselves off fine, ruin your own fucking country.

One last thing...

6.? Create a Constitutional Amendment banning Same-Sex Marriages.? These marriages are an abomination to mankind.

That statment disguests me. I have several gay friends and i would like to know exactly how this is an abomination? Seeing as all your oppinions appear to revolve around making sure you lookafter yourself and your country, why suddenly care about one other thing? If your not gay how does this affect you? What right have you to say that it is an abomination? an abomination of what?  What has marrage got to do with mankind? its our invention so who should say that a marrage of two women or men who love each other is an abomination? So love is an abonination then?

Okay, for the first part:  With all the money we would save from not giving aid to the rest of the world we could work on polution-free energy sources and wouldn't have to worry about poluting the atmosphere.  And we have enough of our own resources that we don't really need anybody elses.  We have just chosen to keep our own resources in reserve.

For the second part:  Yes, same-sex marriages are an abomination.  BECAUSE GOD SAID SO IN THE BIBLE.  And sorry mate, but I believe him over anything any person in this forum says any day of the week (and twice on Sunday).  So, go argue that one with Jesus.  Because whether you believe in him or not, one day you will sit at the judgement seat of God and it wont matter that you didn't believe....because then it will be too late.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads