*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:32:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your feelings about the war
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your feelings about the war  (Read 2638 times)
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« on: January 29, 2003, 05:21:56 pm »

I opened this thread so people could just post their feelings about the possible war with Iraq (without a flame war please).

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 05:25:56 pm »

I think it's a shame that you have to use armed forces at all in this conflict, in my opinion it can be solved without going to war.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 05:41:02 pm »

What do you think would be the best course of action?

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
abe
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 06:32:50 pm »

war is never a good option, but in this case it seems justified. saddam hussein had a comitment to disarm himself of all WMDs in his arsenal after the gulf war and he has not yet demonstrated that has destroyed anything. ppl always claim that this is in some ways medieval justice, because we are asking him to prove his innocence instead of showing that he is guilty. this is pure bs. he was found guilty in 1991 and  now hes on "probation" or "parole". medeival would have been to chop of his head ofter the 1991 war.
the problem with saddam is that the developed world (esp. USA, USSR, France, UK and Germany) provided him with t-72 tanks, mirage fighter-jets, poison gas, bacteria etc. and in essence created him by providing the arsenal. in my opinion it is up to those same countries to do something to disarm him now that we have seen that he is capable of 'going too far' (gassing of kurds during anfal campaign, use of poison gas against Iran, invasion of kuweit etc.). the us is freinds with many dictators and unelected rulers (i.e general mushareef, al-saud family), who more often than not are bad people, but, unlike saddam hussein, they are good allies and know when not to push the limit.
does anyone remeber what ppl were saying right after 9/11 about the US having started the taliban and osama bin laden? well, if saddam hussein does somthing to harm the US or one of our allies, the reaction will be the same and there will be 1000 little bitches in this forum talking about how the US built up and used to support saddam and thats its all their own damn fault.
bush is a dumbass and a noob, yes, but he (or rather dick cheney and gang) is right about this one. theyve gone about it the wrong way by alienating european allies (..and really pissing off germany and france) and not even pretending to be looking for a diplomatic path. even worse, they're not making any sense by cutting taxes and building up military spending- in the end this will mean less schools, less roads and less public services, because the money will have to come from somewhere. nevertheless, saddam is both a danger and a source of irritation to the US and needs to be removed.
Golo

Microsoft (where the queers are)

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 12:26:56 am »

You people better watch the hell out because now that the world is distracted we Canadians are going to disarm Iceland.  There is speculation they have snow forts of mass destruction.  You bastard Scandanavians are going to get the beating of a lifetime....snooch

Herhe! Herhe ?
bronto
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2003, 12:34:22 am »

Iceland doesn't even have an army.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 02:49:30 am »

Who needs one? They've got Scandinavian wenches. Any attacking force will be quickly seduced and rendered harmless. Hey, I think I know how to end war! Export Scandinavian girls to the world! Yay!

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2003, 03:00:19 am »

Loth, I think that is perhaps the best idea you've had in a long time.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2003, 06:06:31 am »

Who needs one? They've got Scandinavian wenches. Any attacking force will be quickly seduced and rendered harmless. Hey, I think I know how to end war! Export Scandinavian girls to the world! Yay!

* Ace puts up a big sign on the front of his apartment reading "THE WORLD"

Send away!

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2003, 07:37:06 pm »

the hottest scandinavian girl i've ever seen is the assistant coach of iceland in the movie D2:The Mighty Ducks. she is smokin'??man, that Gordon Bombay you never know what his pimp ass will do next! mb a series of street show loafers for kids who want to coach!

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Golo

Microsoft (where the queers are)

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2003, 08:19:57 pm »

You actually watched the D2 the mighty ducks....?.....I wouldn't admit that to anyone else if i were u......

Herhe! Herhe ?
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2003, 11:42:35 pm »

We should go to war. We have many reasons the Oil industry, Saddam hiding weapons etc. etc. We should not bomb them because we would blow up our allies (like Turkey). We shouldnt go to war cause if Saddam really is hiding weapons we would be walking into a trap. There are many different opinions.

Retired Mac RS Player.
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 12:44:08 am »

Nice try mattster.

PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 01:59:23 am »

What the fuck are you smoking Mattster?

As for my opinions on this, you can check out the numerous other thread's on this topic.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 07:32:40 am »

my opinion on the war:
fuck it. the last thing we need right now is more death. if we could just take out saddam it'd be fine, but the whole thing is beginning to look pretty messy. Plus, we really can't afford it. We need the UN, as useless as they are.

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2003, 12:00:05 pm »

I say, go to war, it'll ruin your economy and the dollar will fall, it'll be cheaper for me to go there  Wink

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
bronto
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 09:40:47 pm »

We should go to war. We have many reasons the Oil industry, Saddam hiding weapons etc. etc. We should not bomb them because we would blow up our allies (like Turkey). We shouldnt go to war cause if Saddam really is hiding weapons we would be walking into a trap. There are many different opinions.

Nice try mattster.

LMAO FUNNIEST EVER BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Jackal.aHa!

"Hump...anyone??" FrEaK Chancellor of Hump

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2003, 05:35:26 am »

This war is soo political that its not funny, i did an editorial on it for the school newspaper.  I had some great lines from people close to Bush.  Lines like..."When there is a regime change, we can add millions or barrels of oil to our production, this is good for the economy." HAHAHA give me a break, Bush is such an ass. This is clearly a stepping stone...first Iraq, than Iran, than Sudia Arabia..than we own all major oil producing contries...you'll see.

Hey golo, canada better watch out!
I heard Bush put them in the new axis of evil, because real maple syrup gives him the shits.
Wink
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 05:36:36 am by The Jackal=FrEaK=.aHa! » Logged

FrEaK FOR LIFE!

NO HUMP = NO OWN!
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 08:28:40 am »

You people better watch the hell out because now that the world is distracted we Canadians are going to disarm Iceland.  There is speculation they have snow forts of mass destruction.

Iceland has had only 1 armed robbery in its history.

Trivial trivia from Snipe.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
kami
God bless the freaks

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2003, 01:44:05 pm »

One armed robbery? I'm surprised they had any at all Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads