*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:24:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your NFL picks for week 12
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your NFL picks for week 12  (Read 4699 times)
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2002, 06:43:23 am »

well, i'm assuming that your second comment about being away from lambeau is referring to tampa. (please, be more clear next time. we can't read your mind and thus know the thought pattern that spawned thet blurb)

i will, of course take the pack over tampa(hell, i was born in wisconsin. i'd take the back against  tampa even if all the starters were benched)
i do believe that you are underestimating the desire to prove something zait. the packers lost to a viking team, that according the record, should have been the other way around. i would be supriused if the packes didnt come on the field looking like they have something to prove.

about the away from lambeau comment. this is i big rivalry game this week. i would expect to see plenty of cheeseheads in the stands. besides. this actually allows the buccs a chance to win. farve is something like 35-0 when it's below freezing? it's below that in green bay today, same was expected for tomorrow. tampa has a horrid record in lambeau. they're probably thanking their lucky stars that the're playing at home.

the other teams i dont really care about. they are  just something else to watch on sunday.

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2002, 06:50:18 am »

Bondo, how little you know about your own team...while Denver has the best Rush D, they give up a whopping 68% of completions. With Peyton Manning coming to town and top reciever Marvelous Harrison, the Denver D will be torched (look how the Raiders bent them over and raped them with no lube).

As for the games mentioned....

Dolphins, Jets, Colts, Buccaneers, 49ers

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
(SiX)Ben
Forum Whore

I love my *NADS

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2002, 07:48:46 am »

All I know is 49ers all the way (although they'll never actually go... all the way... Think about it... Kings, get fucked over by refs in a crucial games.. Giants, fuck up their championship. My teams gonna have to lose in the playoffs to keep their record!)

Ben

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
Benjamin Franklin
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2002, 10:29:25 am »

the problem with seattle is this,
we have a decent baseball team that everyone loves so paul allen (from the evil M$) decides to buy the seahawks and make them 1337. To much money has been put into the stadium and the fan fair, but when its time to buy ourselves a good offensive line its a struggle. Holmgren has a ring, so does our quarterback, but yet we suck more than dest's sister at a frat party. Its begining to look like we are gonna fire us a coach Cheesy
Seattle isn't a town like boston where our fans love the team if it sucks, the only reason people are going to see the seahawks is to see the new stadium. Also tickets are around 30$ a seat for the worst seats in the stadium, which aren't bad, but its still a shitload to pay to watch the hawks add more looses to their record.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Bondo
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2002, 01:35:48 pm »

Sin, Pass completion is not how they rate Defenses...yardage and points are...and Denver is still good there.  One bad game does not a bad defense make.
Flame

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2002, 08:35:03 pm »

Holy shit, Assassin picked the same as me!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2002, 12:20:31 am »

well jeb, if holmgren gets the boot, i think i know a team that might hire him back as an assistant...

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2002, 09:28:42 am »

As for the games mentioned....

Dolphins, Jets, Colts, Buccaneers, 49ers

Heh, and to think that any of you know anything about football...

I thought I analyzed my picks, but I guess I didn't...so I will go through my thought process for each pick.

Dolphins - Dolphins have always had a great D, Lucas was starting to take shape, and Ricky Williams is a force to always be reckoned with. COuple all of that with SD slumping (win over niners was lucky) and Brees has become inconsistant (not helped by super Miami D).

Jets - Jets have been on a tear as of late behind Chad Pennington and Curtis Martin is playing like the player expected of him fromt he preseason. Jets are showing why (finally) why they were picked by some to win the AFC East.

Colts - Have been playing good football without James healthy...and now he is healthy COlts big three has shown they can put up points and Dungy has shaved points of what was once a piss-poor defense.

Buccaneers - Favre, like in Minnesota, plays like crap in Tampa. Still winless at Raymond James stadium against a perrenially tough Buccaneers D and now a revamped Bucc's O behind new coach Gruden. As you witnessed, the BUcc's D lived up to their billing and destroyed Green Bay.

49ers - Eagles without McNabb are a team who will struggle to make playoffs. McNabb was the offense and his loss will be fatal.

SO, by tomorrow, you will see that Flame (lucky guesses  Wink) and I will be a perfect 5 for 5.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2002, 05:02:40 pm »

yea, the buccs did do a number on green bay...
2 words desctibed the pack after the half   total breakdown.  too many stpid penalties against a team where you cant make mistakes if you expect to win.

i expect to see this game played out in the playoffs. where remains to be seen(more than likely in tampa, who has an effective 2 game lead on the pack now)
one thing is for shure though. After that cheap shot by sapp, if they do meet in the playoffs, both teams will be out for blood

p.s. what do yo think of warren sapp's hit on chad clifton in the third quarter?

Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2002, 10:35:20 pm »

LoL, I just spent 10 minutes digging through old DVDs trying to find the one that I have of Favre's win at Tampa, only to find that I was wrong, and Sin is right, it was at home. My pick of Green Bay was more from my heart than my brain. This is the second week that my picks have really gone down, big. I'll be 2-2 on my picks, after the 49ers beat up the Eagles tonight. Oh well, I'll do better next week.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2002, 06:23:43 am »

I pity the fools that picked Buffalo over NY Jets. Did you guys not do your homework and relize that the Jets were on a 3 game winning streak before facing Buffalo. They beat the chargers, Dolphins and the Lions, two of which are considered to be top teams in the league. Right now the Jets have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL arguably. Chad Pennington has the highest catch/attempt percentage for any rookie quarterback in history.

I don't know why some people said it was going to be an easy win for the Bills ** stares at tasty**. After the Jets put Pennington as quarterback they are a whole new club. I expect them in the playoffs.

J  E  T  S, Jets, Jets, Jets !!!!!!! Grin

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2002, 06:29:16 am »

Man, and now the pick that I was sure of goes down... Stupid 49ers...

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2002, 06:44:30 am »

Kudos to Detmer, but oo bad he fucked up his elbow and is probably out for the season. Philly is at the third sting now, lmfao.

4/5 isn't too bad...im sure everyone messed up on the 49ers/Eagles pick.

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

R.I.P. Grifter
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2002, 10:07:20 pm »

Hehe i picked the Eagles omfg Hasselback they are going to use a QB in training? If the Eagles make it to the playoffs my face will be like this Shocked Go Eagles!

Retired Mac RS Player.
Flame

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2002, 11:04:26 pm »

Goddamn Eagles - ah well, 4/5 isnt bad.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2002, 01:23:08 am »

Throwin' in my picks for the Thanksgiving day games!

I'll take New England over Detroit, and Washington over Dallas.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Smiley

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2002, 03:26:01 am »

Ill take New England over Detroit and Dallas over Washington.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve,
Mattster

Retired Mac RS Player.
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2002, 04:13:54 am »

I'll take New England over Detroit, although I'll be rooting for Detroit, and I'll take Dallas over Washington because Dallas is my Thanksgiving team.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2002, 05:54:07 am »

Not a good way to start the week... I was sure on both of these games, leaving it to fucking Washington to lose to Dallas... I'll post my picks for week 13 on Saturday.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2002, 09:38:24 am »

Mmk, almost forgot these:

Miami, Balitmore, Green Bay, Pittsburg, Kansas City, Atlanta, Indy, and San Fran.

Goodnight! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads