*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:26:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Your NFL picks for week 12
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your NFL picks for week 12  (Read 4697 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: November 22, 2002, 05:56:57 pm »

Some very good games this weekend, the best ones should be:  

San Diego at Miami

Buffalo at N.Y. Jets

Indianapolis at Denver

Green Bay at Tampa Bay

Philadelphia at San Francisco

My picks would  go to: San Diego, Buffalo, Indianapolis, Green Bay, and San Francisco. Just want to know what you guys think of this weeks games.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 06:48:21 pm »

Well, in my pick-em league I realized that I was correct less than 50% of the time (still in first), so I started making my picks by coin toss as to do better.

I say San Diego, Buffalo, Denver, Green Bay, San Fransisco.

Not that I don't have faith in CU graduate Koy Detmer to lead the Eagles...I just don't.  Oh, and props to on again off again starter and CU graduate Kordell Stewart for looking like a QB in the fourth quarter of the game...hopefully he can continue to do so in however many games he gets to play this time.
Flame

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 06:48:42 pm »

I haven't been watching football much this season, but
Miami, NY, Indianapolis, Tampa, SF
Typhy.accountismessedup
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 06:52:07 pm »

Flame, why do you take the Dolphins of the Chargers? You really think that Ray Lucas can do anything against the Chargers defense?
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 07:51:51 pm »

Miami - defense and ricky williams will pull this one out over overrated chargers, ray lucas wont have to do shit

Buffalo will take the jets out without breaking a sweat? i predict a VERY high scoring game

I think Denver will beat Indy even without Griese, Clinton Portis is damn good and they have a solid backup in Beurlain

After getting destroyed by the Vikings last week, I'm giving this one to the best defense in the NFL (Tampa Bay)

San Francisco will easily beat a McNabb-less Philly.  Won't even be a contest

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
Flame

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 08:08:10 pm »

Heh, I told you i havent been watching football a lot lately.
So, I picked the underdogs (except maybe SF)
Bondo
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2002, 09:10:53 pm »

Tasty, I wouldn't put much stock into Green Bay losing at the Vikings...they always lose in Minnesota.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 09:16:57 pm »

Yeah, the Packers never do well against the Vikings. I'd expect this to be a close game, I'll take the Pack, 27-24. As for the Dolphins... Not a chance, Ricky Williams won't do anything against that tough Chargers defense. I'll take the Chargers 31-14. I expect a great offensive and defensive show from the Chargers. Denver and Indy, this should be an exellent game. I really like the Colts chances though, I expect Manning to have a great day against the Bronco's secondary.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2002, 09:54:03 pm »

Wow they actually have some good games this week. My 2 favorite teams facing each other: Philadelphia vs San Fransisco - Eagles are my favorite.
My picks are.....
San Diego over Miami
Buffalo over the Jets
Eagles over he Niners
Denver over Indianapolis and finally
Packers over the Buccaneers
« Last Edit: November 22, 2002, 09:55:57 pm by Mattster.bs! » Logged

Retired Mac RS Player.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002, 10:08:12 pm »

Matt, what do you base the Eagle over the 49ers on? Without your best player, your chances are usually greatly reduced, especialy when he is your quarterback.

Bondo
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2002, 11:09:26 pm »

Yeah, the Packers never do well against the Vikings. I'd expect this to be a close game, I'll take the Pack, 27-24. As for the Dolphins... Not a chance, Ricky Williams won't do anything against that tough Chargers defense. I'll take the Chargers 31-14. I expect a great offensive and defensive show from the Chargers. Denver and Indy, this should be an exellent game. I really like the Colts chances though, I expect Manning to have a great day against the Bronco's secondary.

The Broncos statistically have the best defense in the AFC.  And without question the best rush defense in the NFL.  They will shut James down and contain the pass defense.  And unlike the Colts, the Broncos can play on both sides...they have a great offense (even with so many injuries) and the Colts won't be able to keep up.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2002, 11:12:22 pm »

This year, the Colts have an average defense. But their offense is as explosive as anyone's on a good day. I expect this to be a very high scoring game. Probably about 38-31, Indy.

†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2002, 11:14:32 pm »

San Diego, New York Jets, Denver, Green Bay and San Fransico.  Btw the Giants are going to beat the Texans and tie Philadelphia in the standings when they lose.  =D

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2002, 01:14:31 am »

did all of you forget about our superbowl champs The NewEnglend Patriots. They battle Randy Moss and the Vikings and I will be at Foxboro Stadium to Root them on. GO PATS!!!4 teams in our devision all at 5 and 5, so very close.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2002, 01:17:07 am »

I didn't call the New England Minisota matchup a big game because the Vikings suck. I expect the Pats to win that about 35-10.

Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2002, 01:43:42 am »

Matt, what do you base the Eagle over the 49ers on? Without your best player, your chances are usually greatly reduced, especialy when he is your quarterback.

Detmerse was the old QB i dont think he is good anymore but i think the rest of the team will play better becuase they will play harder becuase of McNabb's injury. Therefore, Eagles have a fair chance of winning.

Retired Mac RS Player.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2002, 03:08:04 am »

i predict that the seahawks will lose, no matter who they play

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2002, 03:52:31 am »

I dunno Jeb, the Bengals might be able to give them a good run, they might just barely beat them. Matt, we're talking the 49ers here, this isn't some weak team or anything.

Bondo
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2002, 03:54:14 am »

i predict that the seahawks will lose, no matter who they play

Well, except for the Vikings...a pity the Seahawks don't play the Vikings every week.  Good thing they don't play the Broncos again.
EUR_Zaitsev

Charlottesville High 2007 Class

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2002, 04:56:12 am »

San Diego/N.Y. Jets/Denver/Tampa Bay/San Francisco

McNabb Hurt, Away from Lambou coming off kick ass win at San Fran, Broncos lighting up again, Jets under rated.

At any rate you know what superbowl would be tight even though its not possible? Saints v Falcons III (two games decided by what 10 total points is nice) Aaron Brooks went to UVA (the college i am in city with) while Vick went to VTech (who all people within city limits hate with a passion). Regardless saints are my superbowl pick but I think Sapp will be on Farve like white on rice.

TALO
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads