*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:07:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leopard hacked? Strange screen sharing experience!  (Read 1320 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: March 31, 2008, 12:00:03 pm »

Yesterday I optimized the airport network at my mom's shop. An Airport Express station is used as router and also connects my mom's Mac Mini from the 3rd floor with the audio receiver at the 1st floor. Due the incredible amount of 14 incoming wifi networks at the 3rd floor I tested various channels to get the best performance. Beside that I also enabled screen sharing and also made it available from the outside(routing the required ports via the express station).

So far so good. However due a stupid iTunes behaviour I'm using Airfoil to transmit the audio signal.  If iTunes loses the connection to the Express station a confirm dialog pops up instead of just resuming the transmition as soon as it rediscovers the station, and an employee has to go into the office to reactivate the music in the shop if my mom isn't available.

Alright after I have all setup I started Airfoil on the Mac Mini from the MBP via Screen Sharing. Airfoil started up the first time and suddenly all I saw in Screen Sharing were big green letters on a black background fullscreen. Everything else was hidden.  The green letters said something like: "Welcome to RA Adventure", and something else and I had a DOS/Terminal like input possibility. But it was clearly not a Terminal window, it seemed to be a text adventure as soon as I started Airfoil in Demo mode. I'm not sure if this was coincidence or not, but I was really shocked. "What was going on?" - it was like Leopard has been hacked from the outside. I also couldn't close or leave this adventure game. I also went upstairs and dried it on the screen shared Mac directly, but with no avail. After a few minutes I finally managed to get outside via the context menu and the "search in google" command. Then I quit Airfoil(at least I think so, because I definately was in a state of panic, so unfortunaly I also didn't take any screenshots of the adventure game) and the RA adventure was gone.

I restarted the Mac and I couldn't recreate the situation. Airfoil was working fine, and I also don't know if it has anything to do with or not. Maybe I was just a late easter egg, I don't know. It was a truly strange experience...

Did someone else have seen this RA adventure game on a Mac?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads