*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:40:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Rogue Spear 2008
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rogue Spear 2008  (Read 1438 times)
kinggeorge

« on: March 18, 2008, 11:18:46 pm »

hi *damn, my name is george aka Instructor King,George and i have been playing the r6 series of games for roughly 10 years now. anyways i've played every game in the series but i always sooner or later end up back in rogue spear playing ^^

i have a question. i see you guys have alot of uo maps still available for dl in mac format. a bunch of us still play rs and i would like to dl some of the mod uo maps you have and use them in rs if possible.

the problem is the maps are in mac format. how can i change them back to pc format to use on the pc?

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thx

george
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 11:21:28 pm by kinggeorge » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:43:19 am »

I already answered this post per mail. Nevertheless for everyone else interested:

Mainly the difference between Mac and PC mods were that I had to strip the line feeds at some files to get them working on a Mac. However even without those line feeds the Mac mods should work on a PC as well. The only problem I can see are

a) most mods are compressed as .sit files, that are very uncommon on the PC side. You will need StuffIt Expander(free) for PC to uncompress them. If you are lucky you can see a RS mods folder afterwards, if you aren't
b) a lot of Mac mods were shipped using a VISE installer, which can't be run on a PC. Maybe you can google some hacks to extract the files from the Installer on a PC. Otherwise you have to find someone that owns a Mac to run the installer and then send you the files.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
11.Dr.5150

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:14:41 pm »

I wish i could play rs..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads