*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:32:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: server side new start mod(RS)  (Read 923 times)
Who Knows?

« on: June 27, 2003, 04:45:52 am »

Is it possible to use a mac and make new starts for all the maps in team survival in RS?

How would I go about creating new starts either on my mac if possible or on my pc(which doesn't have the game)?

I would like to make a simple server side solution simply to make new starts for teams and since most server side map packs have new maps I figure this can be done.

Thanks in advance.    Smiley

Hints? Not a chance.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 04:53:30 pm »

Oh it can be done, but that is kinda the problem I am at right now as well.  trying to find what the map coordinates are and mean would basically awnser the problem for me, but again, that is where I am on that problem as well.  It seems that there is a PC version of a mod that I have been trying to figure out but for the life of me cannot do without knowing what the script coordinates are for the maps.  I suppose I could use IGOR and edit it there but would rather bypass the PC and be able to edit through the script instead of having a PC program do it for me.  so if anyone knows how to do it without using the PC that would be great.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 05:30:27 pm »

Well, I have found out that for the mac on ghost recon it can definitely be done.  It seems that if the maps are the same for ghost recon then the same shoudl apply to RS.  It seems that within the script there is 2 full sets on numbers (3 seperate numbers in each set.)    When  you open the file with BBedit you will see what I mean because the coordinates will be in a section labeled <zones>.  Each full set of numbers is a coordinate on the game map.   Within the <zones> section of the file there is a section also called Bases.  This is where the start point is of the team.  The map itself if divided into coordinates based on the X,Y,Z setup of a graph.  Imagine a  cross in the middle of the map.  center would then be x=0, y=0, z=0.  The third coordinate is the height coordinate and is used mainly for multilevel maps.  Problem is that these maps are made on a bigger area then the map is.  So the 0 coordinate is not always the center of that particular map.  That is where IGOR for ghost recon came in  handy. Igor is an editing program for maps.  By looking at the map on Igor you can basically understand where the center of that map is by looking how the map is positioned on the grid.  Then go from there with a little trial and error till you get the spawn spot of ure choice.  Not too hard actually.  Although to be honest I am not too familiar with the setup for RS, but if it is like Ghost Recon like I have been told, the layout should be somewhat the same.  Hopefully this helps.
     Oh, and make sure you use a program like BBedit to edit these files for the maps.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads