*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 04:20:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The *DBL's lack of support for RVS  (Read 3608 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« on: May 15, 2005, 11:23:40 am »

I figured I should find something for my mind to do other than destroy itself from within. Amazing what women can do to you.

Prior to this season starting, there were many protest among Raven Shield clans, including my own, against the Super Finals. Finally, logic won a slight victory, and the regular season winner is now awarded equal credit to the finals winner. I still believe that winning the regular season is far more impressive than winning a tournament, but that's a matter for another time.

Some of the advantages of the "Super Finals" have to do with the amount of admins on, so that issues can be easily resolved, including the presence of Mauti  ( our supreme dictator, for reasons that still puzzle anyone who thinks about it ).

I wasn't around for the GHR Super Finals, but the way I understand it, they went according to plan, with no issues, and a good solid admin presence in case anything were to go wrong.

The Raven Shield finals were a completely different story. There were major issues in the CB between Core and DR. Logically, since this is the "Super Finals", Mauti and his admin team should've been able to resolve these issues quickly and effectively. But wait a second, where was Mauti? Where was most of the admin team?

I took the day off work for the super finals, doing so, I forfeit several hundered dollars. On top of that, in the hopes of being able to get our CBs done early enough that I could still work the afternoon, I had a team on starting at 4:00 AM my time. The finals were finally concluded about 11 hours later. Many of my clan members also took time of work, or put aside other obligations to participate in the finals.

On top of our real life commitments, my clan and I had won 12 CBs in 3 days, including 3 wins over the #1/#2 clan in order to reach our position. I personally, as well as my team, found it very disrespectful to us, our time, and our efforts that most of the admin team, as well as Mauti didn't bother showing up. This showed a complete lack of support for the Raven Shield ladder.

Mauti, you make decisions related to the times that we'll have to wake up, the hours we'll have to take off work, and the rules that we'll have to play with, then you don't even bother showing up.

I don't see what logical athority you have to be making decisions related to the Raven Shield ladder when you don't play the game, and when you don't even bother to show up for something that YOU scheduled around YOUR convience. I found this disrespectful and incredibly rude to those of us participating in the finals. 

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
autriche
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 10:59:51 pm »

Typhy and i have our issues but I agree with him completely on this subject. It has been a long time since I've felt that DAMN as an organization had any relevance to the league it has been running for so many years. The feelings and opinions created by the behavior of the key people involved with adminstrating this league have been negative for quite awhile. Mauti, in particular, has no place making any calls regarding how the clans compete within this arena, both because it has been years since he has been a participant and also simply because hes an idiot. GhR seems to be the focus of the DBL and thats fine, thats where the action is, as sad as it is. But as for the rest of us who want some real action, why in hell should we put up with this? Either run the fucking league and be decent about it or just drop it and focus on GhR. My clan still wants to participate next season... why? I haven't the slightest idea, i sure as hell dont.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 12:18:57 am »

Until *DAMN BL starts looking at how the major PC leauges work they will be 2 steps behind. Ladders like CAL and TWL make it simply painless to have a cb. All u have to do is pick who u want to cb, schedule a time, and play the match.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Civrock

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 12:42:30 am »

All u have to do is pick who u want to cb, schedule a time, and play the match.

and it's different here? no it isn't. there's simply a lack of active RvS players/clans.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 12:55:08 am »

agreed, Civic.  i just pick who i want to play, ask them to agree on a time, and do it.

The reason RvS has taken off.... system requirements, bugs, and cheaters.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 10:39:45 pm »

OK, still kinda hung over, and not really with it, but let's gigve this a try.

and it's different here? no it isn't. there's simply a lack of active RvS players/clans.

That isn't the matter at hand here. There were plenty of CBs this season, and plenty of active clans. We're discussing *DAMN's pitiful lack of support for RVS.

As for cheaters, I honestly don't consider them a huge issue. My clan won the BL with 18 straight wins. Along the way, the only clan we found that was at all of a problem was DR, and I know that none of the DR members cheat, nor do any of my own.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 11:03:32 pm »

I understand your disatisfaction, and there is a good way to fix it. Suggest, or urge rvs players to apply for an admin spot. It is crucial that we have people who understand the game, and who have the drive to support it with an active ladder. Unfortuantly due to my hectic schedule at college during this spring, along with my cds being stolen, I haven't been able to stay current with the rvs community, leaving me in the role of a simple forum moderator.

However, we on the admin staff recognize these short comings, and we want to make a better ladder, with better support. In the mean time, the admin pool is primarily ghr oriented. So please, suggest/urge your friends that play rvs to apply. We want their ideas and their drive. You all do have a hand in what goes on at *DAMN, and this is the perfect time for your ideas and concerns to be heard, through the ears of a suitable admin.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
NiKLoT

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 07:18:33 am »

As for cheaters, I honestly don't consider them a huge issue. My clan won the BL with 18 straight wins. Along the way, the only clan we found that was at all of a problem was DR, and I know that none of the DR members cheat, nor do any of my own.

If the dr.'s arent cheating, who then? its not that i say, they r cheating but beside MP5 and dr. there r not much other good players. And the sense of cheating is to be better then all others.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2005, 07:34:50 am »

If the dr.'s arent cheating, who then? its not that i say, they r cheating but beside MP5 and dr. there r not much other good players. And the sense of cheating is to be better then all others.

Like I said, I don't consider it a big issue.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2005, 05:17:49 pm »

how is cheating being better than others? last time i checked being better than others was well...being better than others. it didnt have anything to do with cheating.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Maniac

kill them all!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 01:42:10 am »

You know i don't talk in these forums very much any more because i can't stand half of the idiots, but on this i am more than happy to give my two cents. Spike yes more Raven Shield loving admins would be great but, who is going to do that? Thats like throwing a fresh steak in a cage full of lions. No one wants to go in and try and make a change, and even if we did what then? Mauti is off somewhere and doesn't give two shits about anything. According to him he has "other" issues, well i got news for him, so fucking what. He had the ladder going last season and found time to show up for the GHR finals which like Typhy said went very smooth, but when the RvS came around he was no where to be found. Problems left and right and it wasted my whole day, and he is the one saying he has "other" things going on. We do too and if all the admins were there including him it would of been much faster with less arguments. So here is a thought, until all those stone age shit computers that play GHR break down, I don't see a very good future for RvS on this ladder.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 01:44:33 am by Maniac » Logged

-MP5- season X winners RvS Team.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 01:52:44 am »

So here is a thought, until all those stone age shit computers that play GHR break down, I don't see a very good future for RvS on this ladder.

Hey, my G5 runs RvS just fine.  I just think Ghost Recon is a much better game and prefer to play it over RvS.[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 10:12:53 am »

Seems to be that it is time Mauti steps down then, and gives the total control to someone who is around. Bring back the old chairman idea. If his life is is getting in the way with doing a good job here, which is a comitment he made, then he should think a bit. His real life is a big deal, but comitments are too, so in the end he is forced to chose. Most people chose real life, and I am sure he wil too, so in the end it means "move on and let someone else take over". If not...I hear Buccaneer is running a good league.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 11:08:14 am »

That's what Aut and I were saying, Brutha. Just in a slightly more American way.

Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 11:44:33 am »

I know Typhy, but we Euros need it translated Wink

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 12:29:16 am »

Nik has a good question about the cheating which id like to address...

dr. and MP5 are accused of cheating all the time because when people play against us they feel there is no way some of the things we pull off are possible without the use of hacks... which is in a way flattering, but is also EXTREMELY ignorant... Its damn easy for someone getting their ass handed to them to spit out the word "hack" or "cheat" so they dont feel as frustrated when theyre getting owned...

Im not proud of all the time ive spent in front of the computer getting as good as i am at this game, but when someone reduces all that to cheating it really pisses me off, cuz ive never once thought about using anytrhing to make myself better.

And on another note, people that hack are never very good, and definately not unbeatable because hacking might help you in some basic ways... but it also disables the player to do certain things in the game that members of dr. and MP5 have learned to do.

hope that answers your question Nik..

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 10:01:57 am »

No, I dont cb, and yes, my gr# is astronomical, but i have an opinion on this nonetheless.

I'll preface it, by saying that in principle, I have to agree with the premise of the complaint of the RVS players...As an outsider, I wonder myself how and why Mauti would sponsor these tournaments, then disappear for months at a time, when these issues come up. I cant say ive ever seen a response from him concerning his position, opinion, scheduling or dispute moderation.  (he may have, I just havent seen them)  This comes into play as for my decision not to participate.

So my question for the admin staff is this...considering this is such a hot-button topic, is there a valid reason that since Mauti cannot or will not answer questions, moderate disputes, or be as present for RVS tourneys as he is for GHR games, and If he does not consider it to be a priority, is it possible for another admin to have access to the system so that the scheduling can simply move forward without the needless waiting, friction, and nonexistent response times?

If not, why not? 

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 02:31:55 pm »

I'm qouting from an email that I just got from Mauti. First, one his absence:

I'm right now in a stage of my life where university has absolute priority.

and then on keeping the community running:

There are a couple of things to do: one very important thing is to find a setup for you and the rest of the community so you can at least continue to run *DAMN on status quo - start seasons on your own, post news, etc... We have already done a todo list with all things we want to change for the next season but I think we also have to agree and find a setup that is satisfying enough to stay for a few seasons so I can finish my diploma thesis. But until this happens we have to continue to run the *DBL so everyone can at least enjoy playing in a good environment. Organisation, selection of a new setup and the admin team for the next months will happen very very soon.

the bold is mine.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 06:39:24 pm »

so in him saying the next months... does that mean it could be august before another season starts???  That seems like a while to wait, spike is there anyway possible that the admin team can get it going before then?

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005, 07:45:42 pm »

Dark for just how much longer Mauti Is going to be away is unclear at the moment, but yes this is what we are looking at now - shifting control etc so that the Admin team can start run and control the the BL so that the next season can start asap and Mauti and us all have more flexibility in running things.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads