*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:34:54 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season X: clan cb limit - Your opinion!  (Read 3258 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: January 13, 2005, 11:21:01 pm »

Alright as it was already heavily discussed in the "what do you expect from season X" thread we have thought about the clan limit you can play a clan in a team ladder per season. Don't forget in the fun ladders you can play against each clan as often as you want since few seasons.

Back to the team ladders: suggestion raised from 8 over 20 to unlimited. We all want to have an active ladder, however we don't think the aim of a ladder is that you only play again your favourite clan.

As a consequence we think it would be reasonable to raise the cb limit from 6 to 8, (at max 10). This would mean that you can play your favourite clan at least every weekend per season. We think that should be enough, especially since the season is only 60 days long. Further each clan has still to play another clan after 2 done cbs in a row.

Your opinion? Is this agreeable? Will this give you the chance to play enough cbs against your favourite clans?

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:23:51 pm »

10 is by far most ideal in my opinion, the seasons are longer now 60 days rather than shorter (season Cool and so we need to be able to play more cb's.  10 meets the new 60 day season much better than 6 in my opinion.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 11:27:14 pm »

One time every weekend is more than enough. It gets lame if you seem one clan that is in #2 just because they beat one clan and yet loose to every other.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 11:31:58 pm »

I can see 8, it still gives you more cb's and makes you cb people, I LIKE 8

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 11:35:28 pm »

I can agree to that.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
cO.twist

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 11:38:49 pm »

Well, not everyone cb's only on the weekends.  and we pcb'd Po last season probably 6-8 times last season...because we couldnt even cb them anymore.  but about the sheep limit, 50 is way too much...when clans fall behind after 8 cb's, theyre gonna give up the points to the clan that they want in the finals.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 11:50:20 pm »

twist, this one is about cb # limit, not bet limit. There is nothing saying they have to be on weekends, thats just a relative stat. (P.S. last season was 6 cb limit)

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
cO.twist

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 11:53:09 pm »

im very well aware that 6 was the limit last season.  8 isnt helping all that much.  There are many times when clans want to do back to back cb's...with only 8 in a season, thats doin 25% of the cb's you can do against that clan the entire season.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 11:59:04 pm »

twist, this about opening your pallet of clans of clans, not securing the fact you can do 16 CBs with a single clan in a single season. This is a competitive league, you will have to play against people you don't like all that much.

John Lennon
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 12:10:24 am »

i agree to 8 Cb Limit ;-)

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
cO.twist

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 12:10:33 am »

thats right, it is a competitive league.  We want to play the good clans...whats competitive about cbing noob clans?  maybe thats how mp5 does it though, i wouldnt know.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 12:18:15 am »

Good clans? You answered your own question in your statement, there are many good clans. I doubt you'll run out of clans in a season to CB. You now take personal shots because you can't back up your view point? That's very constructive.

John Lennon
cO.twist

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 12:23:56 am »

no, there arent that many good clans.  and the point ive been trying to make on these forums (with the 10 sheep limit per cb..or standard 10 sheep period, and the limit on the # of cb's per clan being higher than 8 ) can be backed up with about 30 reasons why this would work better.  Let me know if you want me to write a book on here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 12:27:30 am by cO.twist » Logged
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 12:27:51 am »

If you are going to try to make a point, make a compete one.

John Lennon
Ein

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 12:35:57 am »

I can see 8, it still gives you more cb's and makes you cb people, I LIKE 8

(scrolls up..) I thought you said 10 was ideal.

Well anyways 8 or 10 sounds perfect to me. Any more and it seems rediculous.

Ein
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 12:39:25 am »

I think ti was 3 back in the day, and that seemed pretty ridiculous. Wink

John Lennon
cO.twist

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 12:40:22 am »

The reason why i think that the 10 sheep per cb and no limit on how many cb's per clan would be 10x better...because there are some clans that enjoy cbing a lot more than others.  There are clans that we love cbing...more than 8x per season because its a good, competitive cb.  With the 10 sheep limit per cb, you dont have those stupid 50 sheep bets.  Thats pointless..yea there will be a few instances where a good clan can use it to 'lure' a noob clan in for the cb.  But for the most part, you will have clans giving out 50 points after they see they are getting owned after 8 cb's.  If you have the 10 sheep limit with no limit on how many times you can cb a clan, you eliminate any chance of a clan trying to jew the system..which is what happened last season.  Having the clan cb limit would not benefit anyone if there were a sheep limit (such as 10...ALL season).  If you have the 10 sheep limit, you can play anyone at anytime...not having to worry about how many more cb's you have the rest of the season.  My solution allows the clans that actually care about the league play whoever we want, whenever we want.
 By saying this, i don't mean that is all we would cb.  We would still cb other clans, but it is pointless to have 2 good clans online, looking for cb's, but cant cb each other (which happened numerous times last season).  I hope this is enough, although if you think about it, theres many more reasons why this would work better.  
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2005, 12:43:20 am »

FOR THE LAST TIME: THERE WILL BE NO 10 SHEEP LIMIT!  wallbashing worse idea ever.

John Lennon
cO.twist

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2005, 01:24:36 am »

You ask me to state my point, which i did, and that's all you can say.  It isnt the worst idea ever.  The fact that you cant even consider it makes you ignorant all together.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2005, 01:32:02 am »

FOR THE LAST TIME: THERE WILL BE NO 10 SHEEP LIMIT

Thanks for letting us all know.

So what is your solution. People want to be able to have the freedom to play as many games whenever they can against whoever is aviable. However at the same time they want to be competing in a fair league that rewards people for playing well, not for simply "stealing" points from weaker teams.

There Is little debate that we have to have a cap - clans can't have the option of betting all their sheep on one cb etc  as has happend in the past. Rather than having set limits though i wonder perhaps if we cannot go back to the option of using Percentages - within a guidline - ie 0-50 sheep you may bet 60% -   51-100 sheep you may bet 40%  - 101-150 you can bet 20% sheep and so on ..

Im drunk and tired and i havn't thought this through very much. but we need some more varied input to find a resolution rather than rotate around and around before collapsing into flames!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads