*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:20:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Now I know why it's called the DAMN site...  (Read 4765 times)
Bondo
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2002, 09:37:35 pm »

Nice to see none of you are commenting on my attempt at a solution, it appears none of you really want a solution, only to argue about stuff.  Anyway, just to add in light of recent conversation about penalizing people who dodge, I set it at 5 points because that is a significant enough punishment considering my system isn't loads of points and also because that would be like taking away a battle played which makes sense, if you battle you get 5, if you deny a battle you lose 5.  Also, I like the two week period but one clan should only be able to be forcibly challanged by one clan at a time and shouldn't be able to be forcibly challanged by one clan more than once every few months.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2002, 05:09:20 pm »

Ass(assin) what kind of abuse? ?If you have two weeks to answer a challenge... even if you get challenged by multiple clans, why do you think it can be abused?? ?I mean, I haven't given it a ton of thought, but I like the idea of punishing a clan that refused to CB another clan (like AK keeps ducking us, and a few others).

Example #1

Clan A "challenges" clan B. Clan B accepts the offer but clan A reverses its decision to cb them. Clan B gets penalized.

Example #2

Clan A "challenges" clan B 50 separate times. Considering you can't cb 50 times in a 2 week window, clan B gets fucked.

Example #3

Clan A "challenges" clan B. What if the clan leader (or whoever reads the email) is say perhaps on vacation for two weeks. Clan B never recieves the email and gets penalized.

Example #4

Clan's A, B, C, D, E, and F decide to gang up on clan G and decide to issue multiple challenges. Odds are that clan G cannot possibly fight that many battles in two weeks and clan G ultimately gets fucked.

Question #1 : Would this system be automatically via a code or would it have to be manually enforced?

Question #2 : How would we know if the challenge was completed or not...if a clanbattle was posted?

Question #3 : Would you be able to revoke your challenges?

There are many more ways that a system like this could be abused, but this is all I could scratch together in the five minutes I have checking these forums.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Bondo
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2002, 05:28:12 pm »

Ok Assassin, for two of those would be ruled out by my rules of no multiple challanges by one or multiple clans.  Only one challange can exist at a time.  If the first scenario happened team A not team B would be penalized for dodging an arranged CB, or no punishment would happen because when the CB is arranged then the two week deadline ends, at that point if either team dodges they are penalized.  Finally for the vacation thing, the person going on vacation would have to inform BL admins and relagate command to another or they could maybe have a two week vacation mode in which they are not able to be challanged that can be used 2-3 times a year.
*DAMN Alex
*DAMN

BUCK FUTTER!!!!

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2002, 06:25:36 pm »

Hey I have a great idea. How about we have a rule that each clan has to cb atleast once a week. If that clan doesnt they will get a warning. And if they dont cb that following week they will get the boot. Hey this might get BL into motion Tongue

I've got to ask you, about the Penis Mightier. No No thats the pen is mightier Mr. Connery
Bondo
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2002, 07:34:43 pm »

Tell me, does it really work. ?I've tried things like it in the past, paid a pretty penny I don't mind telling you.

Sorry, couldn't resist after seeing Alex's sig.

I'll take Famous Titties for $400.

Never ever forget "Does it really work? You are sitting on a gold mine trebek"
*DAMN Alex
*DAMN

BUCK FUTTER!!!!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2002, 09:35:02 pm »

That SNL skit is the best I've seen in awhile. I pretty much know all of them.

Trebec:This is the sound a dog makes
Sean: Mooooo
Trebec: no that incorrect
Sean: Well thats the sound your mother made last night

I've got to ask you, about the Penis Mightier. No No thats the pen is mightier Mr. Connery
SiGmA_X
Forum Whore

Take a look to the sky before you die

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2002, 12:48:22 pm »

If you dont like the *DAMN Battle League, you can use Th3 Sp0t's Battle League. It will be open in about one week. Check th3sp0t.com for updates!

-SiGmA_X
Dual AMD XP1800+ (OC'd 1.8GHz with air), GeForce4Ti4400 (OC'd 300/600 with air), 2x60GB Seagate HDDs, 80GB IBM HDD, 1GB DDR333 PC-2700

Grifter, RIP

Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2002, 02:44:21 pm »

no thanks

- Matt
Bondo
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2002, 03:48:39 pm »

I think most people will take a faulty system with chance at improvement than a faulty administrator with no chance at improvement.
Matt
Special Forces

?SWAT?

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2002, 05:05:24 pm »

exactly Smiley

- Matt
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2002, 10:14:26 am »

dudes,

First off, y are u all a bunch of bitches?

Do none of u have faith to wait a little bit until Elandrion fixes the fuckin script?...christ, he is just as busy as anyone else in the world.

I know this is a bit late on the post, but like Elandrion, i am busy. But when i opened this thread and read the first post by Civeron I almost got up and went to the store to buy Civ a box of Kleenex!.

This is a gay analagy but....

Was Rome build in one day?
Fuck no

Just give it a little and be patient like everyone else. There is no reason u  should leave the BL. If u know yer #1 and your clan knows your #1 well then u should surly be able to take that top spot and keep it for a long time!! And looking at the BL right now, u are in first 5-0.

Also, I don't think it is right for U civ to critisize the way other clans work. Hey don't get me wrong I would love to cb all the time with my fellow KoS members, but if the clan was build on the foundation that the leader fights with the team everytime, then so be it. And BTW we have asked SWAT several times to cb with no as a response. So don't give us all that bullshit, because we ask u guys everytime we both have things in order.

And, zak....do we have to feel sorry for u because your a pot head?...What are u the only one who smokes pot or something???...

I love how  guys are all against the BL. You all bitch about it constantly and say how brutal it is etc etc etc. Y don't the guys who are bitchin like old women get
off thier lazy asses and  make up and script? Or even better make up a whole new battle league implimenting all thier ideas and point system? Hell u can even make a rule that clans must cb when asked? or even better in KoS's case, we hafta cb without Ulti. Instead of bitching all the time constantly, y don't u get off yer ass and do something about it? Everyone has the brilliant thought out opinions how things should work, and what should be changed. Why don't some of u take the initiative and contribute your ideas and opinions in a physical sense? U know help out....I doubt Elandrion would object to help. Y don't u guys get your noses out of the air? You shit smells just as bad as everyone else's.

I don't smoke, but after reading the posts in here, i need a butt...jesus.

Man, some of u make it into sooo much of a daily afternoon soap opera sometimes....fuck.       Roll Eyes

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
?SWAT? Oso
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2002, 11:11:35 pm »

UHHHHH dest..... um i cant recall a single time KoS has come in our room and asked for a cb, so dont try to pull of a fake stunt...... FOOL!... i know my Poo, so dont try to bullpoo  a bull pooer

Oh and we were bitching cuz a 1-1 clan was beating a clan with 4-0 , and now we are happy that things have been fix, you are a late SOB,::cyber slaps dest.::

ahh it is good to be a prick sometimes, though i dont get a lot of chances to be one, unless a guy is a blankity blank blank, and bitches at me for killing him 1 to many times,

OH and i would like to say to people who join my game, DONT BITCH IF I BLOW YOU UP WITH C4 (SBD) you guys cry about like 5 games in a row of camping, but yet when i catch you guys camping you tell me to STFU, so if you can camp with out letting me bitch, then i will CAMP more than i usually do =D , which is not a lot, but reletively a few  =D, and ..

umm i just want to blab here to take up time, since i am now banned from GR, cough *Evill i hate you* cough

blab blab blab blab blab,,, hmm now what should i blab about, hmmm

Oh ya!  DEST dont bitch at my clan! cuz i will have to bust out my  "cyber slaps" and "cyber kicks" HIIIYAAA!

and civ doesnt need any *DAMN tissues, so suck MY TOES!! , ya that is right my *DAMN TOES!! oh ya and clip my toe nails,

p.s. just blabbing cuz i am bored and have no life. and dont try to critizice me on it, cuz i know i am =D
Destructo
Special Forces

Bucc, take a shower you stink like Detroit.

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2002, 02:46:48 pm »

OsO!..omfg get the crack pipe out of your mouth, the coccaine out of your nose, the seringe out of your right and left arms and most importantly the dildo out your ass!!!!!....lol

I don't know HOW many times i have asked SWAT to cb!!!!!!! ult also.....christ your never on anyway so what the hell do u know?

And, i will bitch at your clan when u are all crying a river..it's my given right, and i will use it for all it' s worth

Hey u can camp with the c4 all u want...just don't bitch like a cunt when i do...cause we all know how attitudes change when your pitching, not reciving oso!
*hint hint wink wink*

Kami, I don't care if it is spelt wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads