*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:16:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battle League Rules....  (Read 1915 times)
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« on: April 12, 2002, 04:51:33 pm »

Ok, Since this is obviously an Issue, and was brought to life by the AK - DisneY CB... I wanted to post here so as not to confuse this thread with any issues directly related to that CB.  I'll list the issues as I see them, and my opinion underneath.  Let's hear how the rest of the clans feel.

How long to finish a CB

Since I think the clans should agree to it before breaking up a CB... this should be able to be handled by screenshots and not a rule change.

Substitutions in a CB

Personally, I think you CB a clan, not a couple members.  If one member is having a real bad day, and there's an extra clan member online, why shouldn't they be able to switch?  I've been in many CB's where the other clan switched people when we switched servers.  A good point there... it always happened when we changed hosts... that way everyone got to see the lag together etc.  But, like I said, it's a Clan Battle... anyone in the Clan should be able to enter at a break.

CB'ing in more then one clan

Now this I think is just wrong.  The exception being in a R6 clan and RS clan when they don't CB both.  Like if I wanted to join SIX to CB in R6 (like that would ever happen...) Since SWAT doesn't CB in R6 and SIX doesn't CB in RS... no conflict of interests.  But you don't see Steve Yzermann playing for both the Wings and the Leafs do you?  (yes, we are nearing the Quest for the Cup!).  There's no rule against this now, and it wouldn't be easy to enforce... but I think it's important.  Question is.... how do you keep track of who's in what clan when.

Ok, there's some of my thoughts.... any others?

[/color]
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Bondo
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 05:28:30 pm »

I agree, but a comment on who is battling, Rapid told me that the challange was specifically from Bambi and Snow White who were trash talking to AK (or something along these lines) and so there is a specific reason that this battle was to be restricted in who is battling.  But yes, especially in longer CBs switching should be allowed.  Maybe it should be a rule that you must decide who will play in each host segment before the offical games start and then you can't switch until the host is.
Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 05:57:15 pm »

Bondo, I'm sure that's the way Rapid feels about it, but I'm just as sure that they didn't discuss it at all... one way or another.  Which is why I took this out of their thread and brought it in here... to not confuse the two issues.  

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
NiXon / ViRuS

who?s contorling the Gee??

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2002, 07:11:03 am »

<nice talk but its not the place for it guys u know to
take it to the gossip side ---ty ---Disney tried to get a cb ?with ak they got scared and did not want it they have
?ss to prove it its over let it die

Nixon

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2002, 07:37:33 am »

Guys,
Please let's keep the AK - DisneY discussion in its' own thread.  

Nixon, this belongs here because it's about the Battle League Rules.  If you guys look at the first line of the first post, you'll see that I want to talk about it not in regards to that CB at all..... but as needs for the Battle League.

So, how 'bout a comment on the issues at hand?

Grifter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2002, 08:08:23 am »

WOW!!  why didn't anyone tell me that we could change the colors on the Battle League pages?!?  Tha's so cool!!

Also, for those that don't believe in substitution, can you post your reasons??  I'd like to hear them besides just my ranting here.

*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2002, 03:49:30 pm »

hehe Grifter you didn't know that? Special Feature!!

so, I too want to know what speaks against player changing in a CB...

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Bondo
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2002, 04:52:38 pm »

Well, I think substitution is fine but I don't see the need for it in a 10 game CB.  The only time I think it should be not allowed is when there is a personal challange involved.  If a few people want to settle a matter in a CB they can't switch to dodge it.  Of course this isn't the typical CB so it is just a small exception, but yes, substitution should be allowed in most CBs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads