*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 02:33:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Penelty Points and why I think they are a bad idea  (Read 1373 times)
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« on: May 07, 2002, 03:50:55 pm »

Sorry guys, but since leaving SWAT I haven't really looked at the clan ladder, so I haven't been commenting as much as I should have on the penelty points that were being discussed.....  Here's what I just posted for all to see:

Ok guys, look at the problem you are trying to solve and then ask if your solution makes sense....

The main problem I hear is that a clan (let's keep clans out of it to keep this simple and non-emotional) is in first place with many losses and it's because of them not CB'ing the good clans... ok, assuming that is correct, adding penelty points will only make a clan like that avoid more of the better clans... because they have more to lose.

It made your problem worse, not better.

Now, in the case of a challenge rule (which yes, we've talked about) that same clan would be forced to CB any clan that challenged them. If they are better, they will win, if not, they will lose and the other clans will climb the ladder over them. Problem solved.

All adding penelty points does is move them down faster. What good does that do? Have some sort of challenge rule that forces the clans up top to prove themselves in CB's where it counts.

Oh, and having penelty points would work against the challenge rule in some cases too... imagine a very good clan being Number 1 that many of the other clans are afraid of (it happens)... they wouldn't be challenged by any clans that didn't think they could really win, because they wouldn't want the penelty for the loss... so that top clan would still be picking it's own fights in many caases... remember.. the point is to get MORE CB's with more clans.... not less.

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Typhy - Powerbook
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2002, 05:46:19 pm »

I also agree with grifter that having penalty points is a poor idea, it would encorage clans to only battle the weak clans and I don't think thats what we want.

-Typhy
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads