*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:58:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Pope Nazi
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pope Nazi  (Read 4668 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: April 19, 2005, 09:41:12 pm »

Oh well. No one ever went wrong overestimating the stupidity of the vatican.

They just elected a guy who was a member of the Hitler Youth in his day. Way to go.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:42:54 pm »

Well I would yell out how much I agree, however I don't like being banned from DAMN.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 09:58:40 pm »

Damn him for the mistakes made in his youth... what about all the good he has done in the last 50 years?

Plus, I read somewhere that he was "forced" to serve... it wasn't voluntary! and that he avoided following orders that went against his belief....

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:07:31 pm »

Oh well. No one ever went wrong overestimating the stupidity of the vatican.

They just elected a guy who was a member of the Hitler Youth in his day. Way to go.

About every kid in Germany before and during the war was a hitler youth....dosn't say too much about him. And wether or not tiro is right about him avoiding orders against his belief, as it would matter much. One of the cornerstones of the christian belief is to be able to forgive..

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 10:53:28 pm »

Amazing.. new pope used to be in charge of what was formally known as the Inquisition... great move

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KGB

what's going on

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 10:58:34 pm »

What about the millions of Africans that are dying of AIDS, while the Vatican states that the use of condoms is a sin ?
To be honest I was hoping for a African or a South American pope that would help turn the tide.
Ratzinger has been the voice of the late John Paul II for the last 10 years, so I expect that the same conservative views will be comming from the Vatican.

At least our German neighbours will be happy.

Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 11:10:55 pm »

Bennedict will be far more conservative than John Paul II, it seems. But hey, he's 78, he can't stay Pope for THAT long. Wink Not that I'm wishing death upon a religious figure, but I'm just saying...

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
bronto
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 01:03:17 am »

i could care less, the pope and religion in general has no effect on my life whatsoever.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 02:15:59 am »

It might have more effect on your life, indirectly, than you might think. He probably would have been killed if he wasn't a hitler youth, besides, hes just a transitional pope.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Blitz

Pride and dignity mean nothing on the battlefield!

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 05:42:41 am »

Sixhits, for future posting about anti-conservatism, try not to start a flame about somebody's background that you don't know that person. Besides, it seems to be that this Pope will continue where John Paul II left off.

BLitz Cool

I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 08:30:59 am »

Erm, yeah, a 1938 law required German men to join the Hitler Youth.  As in, if he didn't join he would not be alive.  I wouldn't really hold that against him, eh?  His family was anti-nazi, and he risked being shot/hung when he deserted the German army in 1945.

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 08:34:58 am »

Hey Blitz,
just thought i'd enlighten you with a short clip from the new york post ...concerning Papa Ratzinger.
Yes, he was an ex-nazi, yes he participated. Yes its a fact..
Later desertion, yes, but the claim was and is still vaild that he was an ex-nazi.

------NEW YORK POST.....http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/42823.htm
(and found hundreds of other references)

Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger — a favorite to become the next pontiff — joined the Nazi children's corps in 1941 as a 14-year-old and was later an anti-aircraft gunner.

At one point, he guarded a factory where slaves from a concentration camp were forced to work. He was later shipped to Hungary, where he reportedly saw Jews persecuted.----

-------------------

Whether hes a good person or not is irrelevant to me, because the public face of any of these figures is likely not to match their tru natures...I've known plenty of miscelaneous (sp?) religious figures who were foul, resentful, evil humans, and I'm suspicious of anyone who campaigned as hard as he did to become the next pope....The canary-eating smile on his face today told me volumes.

I can both understand why these figures are necessarily conservative, but taking stands on an issue such as  coondoms being 'against god's will' when aids is going to gut africa from the inside while protecting the pedophilic priests is an unnacceptable hypocrisy to me. To some, the cash settlements that Micheal Jackson has made with his accusers indicates a pattern, if not guilt, and the payouts from the Catholic church indicate a similar pattern, and equal or surpass the GDP of many third world countries.  I sincerely hope that he is a good leader, and good person, and I hope he allows the church to take responsibilty for its shortcomings. Hope is cheap.

So, in the future, (to borrow your words) go ahead and check YOUR information before you call someone out on the validity of theirs. Pointing out facts ? a flame.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
~Po~ TiroFino
BL Staff

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 04:01:02 pm »

I would say, let the people that know him better be his judge.
If John Paul II had him as his right hand for many years, that must mean something. After all, the Polish people suffered much from the NAZI, and if Wojtyl trusted him, then there must be something about him that has made him worthy of becoming Benedict.

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 04:17:45 pm »

i could care less, the pope and religion in general has no effect on my life whatsoever.

Agreed.

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 07:02:58 pm »

I heard the Pope gets first dibs on young virgin boys.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 08:29:52 pm »

Hmm. I love it when people get all riled up to defend ex-nazis running one of the world's most anti-semitic institutions, historically.

Consider it from another point of view: The Catholic Church just put in power a man who intervened in the 2004 US election campaign ordering bishops to deny communion to abortion rights supporters including presidential candidate John Kerry. He wants to affect your life by altering the course of our politics.

You don't care? 

His past is relevant as well. What message does putting an ex-nazi in power say to the world?

Finally, remember that it was Ratzinger who lead the Vatican cover up of sexual abuse within the Church, especially here in the USA.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020607141945/http://abcnews.go.com/sections/2020/DailyNews/2020_Vatican_coverup_020426.html

Don't tell me he has no affect on your life. That his past doesn't matter. That you don't care.

If you don't care then you are irrelevent.

And Blitz, clearly I know a shit load about this guy's background. Rocks and glass houses don't mix well for you.

<<<
"The accusers say Vatican-based Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who heads the Vatican office to safeguard the faith and the morals of the church, quietly made the lawsuit go away and shelved it. There was no investigation and the accusers weren't asked a single question or asked for a statement.

He was appointed by the pope to investigate the entire sex abuse scandal in the church in recent days. But when approached by ABCNEWS in Rome last week with questions of allegations against Maciel, Ratzinger became visibly upset and actually slapped this reporter's hand.

"Come to me when the moment is given," Ratzinger told ABCNEWS, "not yet."
>>>

Why did John Paul trust him? Because he made the Vatican's problems dissappear.

Our Pope Nazi:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 08:38:41 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 08:41:40 pm »

Hey, I was just arguing out of the fact that he was in the hitler youth...at the age of 14 he got forced in...and at the age of 17 he deserted......as for the rest, i've never really bothered about catholisism, so I haven't been reading up on him. I am starting to understand how he is, so yeah, the cardinals were stupid. However, I don't think his years in the hitler youth should matter.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
bronto
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 09:17:24 pm »

kudos sixhits. i am happy to be irrelevant and completely indifferent when it comes to subjects of this matter. his influence in politics? there's an entire world with a time and place where i can do whatever the hell i want if i felt like doing it.

(this does not include in stealing or violence)
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 12:39:39 am »

Completely irrelevent, but when I saw him walk out for the first time, he looked like the most evil bastard I've ever seen in my life, movies included. Looks like the Emperor from Star Wars or something. Particularly his eyes and mouth.

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 01:38:00 am »

Lol, so true mellow.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads