*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:14:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Getting America Back on Track
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Getting America Back on Track  (Read 4693 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: July 08, 2004, 03:46:17 am »

With the selection of John Edwards as the vice presidential candidate it looks like the Dems have shaped up a great ticket.

Strong foreign policy leadership backed by a brilliant and hopeful domestic message.

Too tired to post anything longer than this ...

Everybody, welcome to the next four years of your life.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 03:54:05 am »

Everybody, welcome to the next four years of your life.
hopefully..... i am still really scared that more bullshit will fire out from the bush cronies right at the last minute. and Dub ya will take the prize. (I am a believer that our government had a part in 9/11.)

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 04:19:54 am »

3rd world country HERE WE COME!

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 05:05:29 am »

Rebel, I think it will be better to have someone with a IQ higher than rabid's. (I'm saying Bush is a moron)

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
The Golden Shark

hehehe my picture is funny.........

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:35:09 am »

3rd world country HERE WE COME!

if by this statement you mean Bush's "war on terror" and the next attackts that will happen if he is re-elected, then i totally agree. The 3rd world countries are the easiest to conquer, and it makes us look more powerful when we win in 2 weeks. I mean hey, would you kick a crippled man's ass to make your self good, of course you would. ( i rhymed, hehehe.......)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:37:11 am by The Golden Shark » Logged

And the Lord said, "Let there be G5!", and there was G5, and it was good. Everyone was amazed and gave praise to Steve Jobs. And Steve Jobs saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. On the second day, Steve Jobs drove Wintel from the garden of NASDAQ in a fury -- f
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 07:28:04 am »

Six i think we need to focus on getting you back on track... DONT BUY A PC!!!!

is it 2008 yet?
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 07:33:40 am »

The Kerry administration will go down on hard times. The damage the Bush admin has already done can not be fixed in four years. Hell, we havent seen the start of the domestic crisis.

Republicans may laud themselves over the 1.5 million jobs they just created, but do you know what sort of jobs those are? Educated High Tech workers are working in blue-collar jobs that can barely pay the rent much less the college debts they already have.

I can grind the republicans on their domestic policy till the three horseman come home (so I will). Back in the days of Clinton I had health care. Today, I am uninsured as is my whole family. If I get into some unfortunate accident, I have to choose to have a crippled arm or a college education. Hell, I will probablly get neither treatment or college. I am not the only one in this situation. Lets look at Bush's so-called homestate. I live in Texas where the weather is unpridictable, the women are the prettyist "thangs" you ever did see, and most children are uninsured and live below the poverty line. Not only that, the one child left behind-like policy implemented in Texas long before Bush was declared the victor of the 2000 travesty in the Texas House of Representatives, has made Texas have one of the lowest education standards in the nation. Only the state of Missisippi is considered to have a more degraded education system.

The no child left behind policy is also making schools shut its doors. Let me use the example of a local alternative high school here called Garza. Garza takes troubled children that otherwise flounder in the traditional setting and make them into well to do citizens. 75% of graduates go on to college. This is remarkable for a Texas public high school. However, it takes many of these students a little bit extra time to graduate. Life usually deals them a bad hand. In some cased both of the child's parents are dead or not there for them. Infact, over a third of the student body is leagally homeless (living out of their car) and have to support themselves with a full time job. Since it takes them longer than the standard four years, the Bush law labels them failures. With so many "failures" in the school, the school can be shut down by the state. The same state that would rather pay our school taxes with "sin tax" then raise already low property taxes sligtly higher so that the future could have some sort of an education. This is all Bush's policy being enacted in Texas, just wait for it to happen in the nation.

Although you have to subscribe to read the whole story, here is a link to the Texas Monthly article about Garza and an article explaining to Texans why the world hates us: http://www.texasmonthly.com/mag/issues/2004-07-01/index.php Its better than no link at all.

If a Texas run by purely Bush policies is a precursor for the nation, then we are to expect an increase in blue collar jobs, rising poverty levels, lack of funding for education, hordes of uninsured families, and an overall degredation of the enviorment and nation's infastructure. To put it in Rebel's words, "3rd world country HERE WE COME!"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 07:42:37 am by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 03:43:25 pm »

OMG!  Do you all get the same Democrat talking points memo faxed to you every day???

I for one DO have health insurance now, and I did not after I got out of the military during CLINTON's reign.  I also now make about 5 times what I made the day Clinton left office.  And I didn't even get my current job until AFTER September 11, 2001.  And then the tax cuts I recieved with my new job have allowed me to keep much more of my hard earned money than I ever would have if a Democrat were still in office.

So pardon me while I praise President Bush and say fuck the Democrats!

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 04:04:36 pm »

Well,

Being a bit schooled in economics, you should all well know that the Clinton years were all high and mighty do to very bad domestic policies.  Why do you think the economy of America got so over inflated.  Must I remind you that the economy took a downturn at the end of the Clinton administratin and Bush just inherited the mess.  

Now I must say that Bush has really done nothing to resolve the matter.  I am not sticking up for him.  In actuality he has pretty much done nothing to aleviate the matter, the tax cuts created a false influx of spending but had no real long lasting effects.  In fact, me being a single non property owner, my taxes went up.  So Bush's tax cuts increased mine and paid for GS I guess, well him and the 5 million illegal aliens in california.

So please, I am a independant but do not laude clinton for superior economic policies.  We are in fact coming out of a bad recession that his administration created.  You can just thank Bush for not doing anything about it, but in doing so, we are actually slowly turning around.  Most economists believe we could of shortened the length if swift action was taken.

As for the healthcare issue, this is due to a long policy of state missmanagement.  It is just that most people hope the National government would step in and cure the problems; ie: money to states for welfare, national health plans and so forth.  But in doing this is only to raise taxes more.  

I could go much lengthier into the topics but I just wanted to end all of the horrah's for who thinks who did good and bad.  As for texas, man, that is mighty interesting about the schooling policies.  Good find!

(added, after reading through some journal articles, most leading economists and investors believe we are in another false economy.  This means another adjustment (drop in stock prices) is on the horizon.  All leading indicators are showing this and as the percentage rates hedge higher, many people will go into bankruptcy because they purchased flexible house loans and such.  This will all lead to what may be another big long wake of shit for a while to come.)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 04:08:32 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 05:02:22 pm »

I do not get any memos sent out to me. I was just eating lunch at the state capital the other day and started thinking about the bind the state is in. Then I got to thinking about the bind the nation is in. Its not that I laud Clinton so much for the prosporous times under his term (although I understand that it came off that way in the post), but compare different times and different regions of the country. I can look at the politics of everything and who did what to the economy, the point is, is that in 1998 I had healthcare, people had highly skilled jobs, and the education standards are no where as bad as they are today. I know Texas has been under Bush's policies for close to a decade now, and it laggs behind in healthcare, education, and the enviorment drasticaly. It could serve as a precursor to the next four to eight years (I say eight because even though he would be out of office, the effect of his policies would still linger).

Those are the facts, as for how those facts came to be, that is a matter for us to determine.

The point is, it dosent matter if you GhostSniper are living in a mansion, the poverty rates are rising. Now I know the census is slow on these sorts of things, so here is the national poverty statistics. You will notice that once 2001 rolled around the corner, that poverty began to rise, breaking its eight year downward trend.
http://www.census.gov/hhes/poverty/poverty02/pov02fig1.jpg If you also look at the trend, it shows that poverty decreases in democratic administration. JFK-LBJ rates drop like a rock. Nixon they are neutral, and in Reagan they skyrocket! Even twenty years after Reagan we have not been able to get back down to LBJ-Nixon poverty rates. I do not know what the 2003 poverty rate is, as the census is slow. However, if Texas is a precursor to the nation it might look a little bit something like this: http://www.cppp.org/products/fastfacts/poverty.html

GS, I would also like to know your point. Is your point that mangerial positions have healthcare? Is your point that private manegeral positions make more money than USAF sargeant?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:29:44 pm by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 05:08:04 pm »

Sorry Cossack,

But I must point out some false logic in your points

It could serve as a precursor to the next four to eight years (I say eight because even though he would be out of office, the effect of his policies would still linger).

Under this statement and thinking, that would mean the clinton years of good times and prosperity were a result of lingering first George Bush's policies and the bad times of the current Bush's presidency  would be an effect of the Clinton administration.  So you can't fix the good times for a president that you think did well and then be ready to blame the future on a incumbent presidents policies. It just seems to make the arguement fit where you would like to see it.  Maybe this was not your intent but it is misleading.

As for texas, I can agree that his policies were a direct misfortune for the state as I read it.  I am unfamiliar with the polices and government of texas so I cannot be so certian, but you do have a valid point there.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:10:13 pm by BTs_FahQ2 » Logged

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 05:35:26 pm »

Well as I said I made it sound like a praise Clinton for the economy of 90s but I do not. When I say the under the times of Clinton I am saying the mid to late 90s. The whole mess is bipatisan. I blame Bush (or whoever is running him) for the complete degredation of our health system and other social services. I also blame him for the fact that he is cutting taxes and reducing income for the government in a time where we need to somehow increase it.

I do hope you read the next half of my post, as you first posted this when I was editing it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:36:25 pm by Cossack » Logged

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 05:37:05 pm »

I for one DO have health insurance now, and I did not after I got out of the military during CLINTON's reign.
-GhostSniper Out.[/color][/size]

thats why you need to see Moore's documentary: apparently, Bush did some "great" things for the veterans and for the combat soldier's health care

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 06:05:41 pm »

GS, I would also like to know your point. Is your point that mangerial positions have healthcare? Is your point that private manegeral positions make more money than USAF sargeant?

No, it isn't that managerial positions have healthcare.  I got out of the military on September 18, 1998.  I immediately went into the auto business at a large dealership that sold Pontiac-Buick-GMC-Chevy-Cadillac-Olds-Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge-Jeep-Geo-Mazda (try telling someone THAT on the phone fast!).  At the time, the auto business wasn't doing very well, and the dealership didn't have a healthcare insurance company for its employees.  I was making about $25,000 a year, but after taxes I still couldn't afford private healthcare (my wife has been a Type I Diabetic since she was 5....nearly impossible to get private healthcare for her).  I left the auto business for about a year, from August of 2000 to the end of September 2001 (I tried many other jobs like working for a moving company, selling air conditioners, selling houses).  After that didn't go to well, September 11 happened and I decided to get back into the car business.  I started work as a car salesman again on September 27, 2001.  After working hard for 2 years, I was promoted to Fleet Sales Manager in August 2003.  I have had health insurance for me, my wife, and my daughter since the first day I started working here in 2001.  The day that Clinton left office I was making about $35,000 a year (now that I think about it, that was way under the 5 times I make now that I said earlier).  Today I make around $250,000 a year.  Only because of the boost in the economy that Bush provided with his tax cuts.

My point was that I wasn't a Staff Sgt in the Air Force the day Clinton left office (I had gotten out of the military over 2 years before that...due mainly to Clinton's terrible military policies), but my life has changed for the better only after Bush took office.

So, you see where I'm coming from....die hard Bush supporter all the way.

Peace.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 06:41:47 pm »

Regarding Cossack and Fah's points about the lingering effects of economic policies, I think my political science professor said it best when he compared economic management to operating a bicycle while sitting on it backwards; deciding where to steer and how hard to pedal based only on the road behind you.

Economic manipulations take lots of time to take effect. Once enough time has passed to make past trends noticeable, an economic policy change is made, and six to eighteen months later, you might be able to tell what the effect of that change was.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2004, 12:46:14 am »

Timeline:

Kerry elected president
2days later

BOOOOOOM Nuke blows in New York City due to the release of iraquis in guantanamo bay

2days later

Another violent attack that was not stopped by the Kerry organization happened this time in San Fransisco

2 days later

Washington DC is nuked, America's government falls, Economy collapses, America is now a 3rd world country.

2days later

Rebel hunts down all the people that loved Kerry and assassinates them, along with the help of GhostSniper.

Rebel and GS rule the US

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 12:59:37 am »

Very creative, Rebel.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 01:11:52 am »

Wait, there are Iraquis in Cuba? I thought it was just American citizens being held in violation of the Constitution. Silly me.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 04:39:05 am »

Timeline B:

Bush steals the election again.
2 days later

BOOOOMPOP a dirty bomb containing anthrax is released in NYC, due to the exacerbation of islamic fundamentalism brought on by a unilateral, preemptive foreign policy. Bush and Cheney watch with glee from their secure bunker in Langly.

2 days later

Marshall law is declared and the Bill of Rights is voided. Patriot Act 3 is passed, declaring due process a hindrance to the war on terror. American citizens are systematically searched and any dissent is dealt with harshly.

2 days later

Neocons cease this opportunity to enact their "final solution", and strategically use the remaining citizens of the United States as the fuel for their war machine in an effort to secure global domination.

2 days later

The United States nuclear arsenal is utilized to stamp out global opposition, however this plan back fires and the world is cast into permanent nuclear winter. Plant and animal life cease to exists after 3 months of darkness.

1 day later

Jesus comes back to earth and laughs, stating "Didn't I say blessed be the meek? Not blessed be the greedy, prideful, warmongers, dumb fucks serves you right for letting a man with a 6th grade vocabulary steal your democracy."

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 05:15:14 am »

Timeline B:
Bush steals the election again.

w00t!  That's the part I want to see....all the rest is just GRAVY!  lol[/size]

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads