*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:54:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  iStamps? Up Yours, Gates!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iStamps? Up Yours, Gates!  (Read 1551 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« on: March 06, 2004, 02:34:33 am »

This has been buggering around the 'net.

Fuck you Gates.

>>>
Email users would be expected to purchase e-stamps which would identify where emails were originating, sourcing any large spam operatives. E-stamps may cost as little as 1 cent, still making email affordable for the average internet user.

At the recent World Economic Forum, Bill Gates revealed he believed the introduction of e-stamps would eliminate the problem of spam due to the costs of sending email frequently sending over a million emails per day. Gates additionally suggested emails sent to family members and friends would waive any email fee.
<<<

http://www.net4nowt.com/isp_news/news_article.asp?News_ID=1787

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:15:25 pm »

Whats so bad about that? I mean shit i know its money but if it cuts down spam.....

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 07:46:20 pm »

Bah, this would never take hold. People would just start using a different form of electronic communication. Hell, maybe someone would finally design a better protocol than SMTP.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kami
God bless the freaks

You're not a man without *NADS.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 10:07:12 pm »

As long as the money doesn't go down Bill's pocket, sounds fine to me... but it probably won't happen.

*NADS toilet cleaner goldylocks

'There is nothing divine about morality, it is a purely human affair.' - Albert Einstein
'With soap, baptism is a good thing.' - Robert G. Ingersoll
c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 10:09:14 pm »

...would this be a government run collection?  or are the companies trying to cash in?

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
cookie

still tippin'

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 03:26:53 pm »

emails to friends and family free?

question: how would they know who is friends/family  Shocked

The things that will destroy us are politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.  ---
Gandhi

Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot, hoes all on me.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 03:38:47 pm »

New from Bill gates... 'iAss'  retard. that is never going to catch on... why not just remove the damn spammers rather than force other people to pay stupid gimp.....

...i don't like that guy much Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 05:30:22 pm »

who cares where the money is going or who got the idea.

Lets say you send 5 emails/day, that's about 18 $ a year. I sure prefer paying 18 bucks to whoever gets rid of the spam than paying 50 bucks to be able to host my own chat room on GR !

OMG another 4 years !!!
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 05:40:11 pm »

I have begun to care less and less about spam, because Yahoo drops the bomb on it. I open up my mailbox, and see 300 Bulk Mail messages.

"Empty"

All done.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 06:05:03 am »

who cares where the money is going or who got the idea.

Lets say you send 5 emails/day, that's about 18 $ a year. I sure prefer paying 18 bucks to whoever gets rid of the spam than paying 50 bucks to be able to host my own chat room on GR !

the thing is i send tens of emails a day. That will get expensive, especially as the rate increases (cause, I mean look at normal stamps, they go up pretty quick). And think of the difference a 1 cent iStamp would cost versus a 5 cent iStamp. The thing will scale real quick.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 10:06:18 am »

Yeah, I sent at least 10 emails today, and most were to professors or people I am interested in interning with this summer. I can't afford to pay for that shit.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 12:26:45 pm »

I still don't get it... he's suggeting we pay to stop spam... when all they have to do is just arrest the guys who are the big time spammers... and they know damn well who they are and where they are in most cases

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads