*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:49:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Protest to 6 game CB format  (Read 3314 times)
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« on: September 17, 2005, 09:33:26 am »

There is a serious problem with this new 6 Game CB format now that ties are included with the 6 games played. 
     Your clan could be in a situation where your losing 3-2 and in the final game the WZ can't be won because its under 3 Mins left.  Clans are gona be able to run off and hide somewhere on a map and get the win for the CB because ties are included as part of the 6 games.   The Clan with 2 wins must go around on the map and hunt the other clan while they sit back and wait for their cheap victory.  Your clan could also be winning the Cb 3-2 and right from the start of the final game the clan could sit back and guard the WZ all game and never let the opposing team get near it. 
     Imagine your clan is losing a CB 3-2 and the final map is farmday, the clan with 3 wins can just sit back and guard the WZ all game without even touching it and win the CB. 
     This tactic is a new cheap and cowardly way to win CB's and I think we need to drop the rule that tie's count toward the 6 games played.  Force teams to win games, don't allow them to sit back and play defense.  I have already experienced this twice, thats why I'm posting this.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:51:23 am by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 02:59:53 pm »

Depends on how you see it: you could also say if one team leads the other clan has to risk everything to win the game and make the cb a tie, while the other clan just has to make sure the opposing forces don't control the Warzone for 3 uninterrupted minutes. So you still have to fight and I don't think you can avoid any confrontation.

Of course if you have less than 3 minutes time you have to kill the entire team if you don't want to end the game in a tie. Do you think it would be more fair to say that like in LMS the clan with more players alive is the winner if the WZ has not been controlled for 3 minutes, but then again the clan, that was behind, could also start to hide to get the game win and so the cb tie... You see we would just move the possibilities from a cheap cb win to a cheap cb tie. At all you have 7 minutes to try to conquer the wz until you have to control it for 3 uninterrupted minutes.

Or on LMS you could say the clan leading 3-2 just has to make 1 kill and then hide somewhere until the time is over, which would be a win for the leading team.

Nevertheless I gonna mention your thread in the *DBL admin zone.

At all the reason why we count ties toward the cb length is that so you can easily predict the maximal cb length.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 03:48:15 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
deumrabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 06:44:57 pm »

It should be increased to 7 games...... so if it is a 3-3 tie, one game will decide the win, this elimantes MOST ties. But, if the 7th game is a draw, then the cb will still be a tie.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 06:46:55 pm by deumrabbit » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 06:46:57 pm »

Ehm no! - It could be 3-3-1 Wink

Ties are there on purpose, especially in use with the advanced ladder.

since 13th June 2000
deumrabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:48:29 pm »

Yes, you would still have ties, but it eliminates MOST of the ties, as there is a 7th game that could go either way to break the 3-3 score.

p.s. Ehm yes!  Wink
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 06:53:01 pm by deumrabbit » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 06:54:25 pm »

And then again you have big troubles with fair splitted hosting.

That was also a reason why we introduced a fix cb length. There is no host advantage anymore. You always play the same amount on each host.

since 13th June 2000
deumrabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 07:18:25 pm »

I don't think there ever was an advantage when one person hosts instead of another, at least not in ghr.... Just have 6 games, then if its tied 3-3 have 1 tie breaker or something......  Also, i dont understand  how one clan can get an advantage of hosting 4 games instead of 3.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 07:33:47 pm »

Also, i dont understand  how one clan can get an advantage of hosting 4 games instead of 3.

Pretty simple... If one clan is based in one part of the world, and another clan is based in another, then the clan who has one of its own members hostin will have significantly less lag (most extream in US / EUR matches) - playing 4 or 5 rounds on a laggy server, rather than an equal 3 both ways makes a big difference.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
deumrabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 08:00:44 pm »

Yeah, BFG thats why you have a lag test during each host change, so if it is too laggy, you can tell them, and refuse to play on that host, so they have to find another host. And if it's not lagging really bad, you should still be able to play fine..
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 09:28:44 pm »

There is always an advantage if the host is in another part of the world rabbit. No matter if you agreed on the host after a lagtest or not.

deumrabbit
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 12:37:00 am »

but not enough of an advantage to make a difference.
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 12:41:24 am »

The point I was trying to make is against ties being part of the 6 games being played like 2-3-1, I have no problem with the end result of a CB being tied 3-3.  I just think any time there is a tie game during a CB the game should not count toward the 6 games played as I mentioned earlier.
Kangaroo

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 01:36:20 am »

There is a serious problem with this new 6 Game CB format now that ties are included with the 6 games played. 
     Your clan could be in a situation where your losing 3-2 and in the final game the WZ can't be won because its under 3 Mins left.  Clans are gona be able to run off and hide somewhere on a map and get the win for the CB because ties are included as part of the 6 games.   The Clan with 2 wins must go around on the map and hunt the other clan while they sit back and wait for their cheap victory.  Your clan could also be winning the Cb 3-2 and right from the start of the final game the clan could sit back and guard the WZ all game and never let the opposing team get near it. 
     Imagine your clan is losing a CB 3-2 and the final map is farmday, the clan with 3 wins can just sit back and guard the WZ all game without even touching it and win the CB. 
     This tactic is a new cheap and cowardly way to win CB's and I think we need to drop the rule that tie's count toward the 6 games played.  Force teams to win games, don't allow them to sit back and play defense.  I have already experienced this twice, thats why I'm posting this.

I really hope you are not referring to the [a] cb as one of your "cheap" cb wins because from what i can remember of the last game is myself running over the hill into your spawn area and shooting your player "laying down camping" in your own spawn. Two of our players were in your spawn area not exactly camping is it? We also "took" the wz in this game, and omg we guarded the wz a normal practice in any cb.
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 03:23:55 am »

im not gonna pout, but playing in a 3-3 cb last was really unsatisying.... we had more than half of our cbs go to 7 games last season and it really gets the blood flowing.

being done at 3-3 just made it.... anti-climactic.... now i know how 800's wife must feel during sex, so much build up for nothing.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 09:49:13 am »

but not enough of an advantage to make a difference.

Hell yes.

But don’t think I’m trying to protect the 6 games system, cause I’m not. I don’t like it. I think it will make games more campy because it’s such a short amount of games that has to be played. Our old system with best of 8 games didn’t give the opportunity to sit and wait, cause the ties didn’t count. I think we should at least say that ties don’t count on this new and "improved" system too. So 3 games has to be WON by one of the clans on each host, no matter how many games are played there.

Another thing, as weak mentions, is the 3-3 game. This is war not a soccermatch. When was the last time you heard US Navy Seals say to the Taliban forces "OK guys, we won 3 rounds and you won 3, the war is over" ?? War is not over until someone has beaten the other part imo.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 10:15:36 am by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2005, 05:01:20 pm »

The funny thing so far is that not a single game tie has been played yet only cb ties!

The reason why I added cb ties is that so you can submit the cbs on both ladders. If you have  a cb - you could play a second cb in almost the same time as before.

About having a tie in war - Northkorea with Southkorea: North and South Vietnam (which was conquered by North Vietnam shortly after all US soldiers have left and the US had already decleared peace, but this would go too much into history...)

In the end we will have a ladder winner, however sometimes cb draws can happen. I say give it a try, even if you have to adjust some of your tactics.

since 13th June 2000
z][t-Primary

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:54 pm »

i REALLY dislike this whole system. less games = gay, and what i hate most about this is the following:

if in a CB you're losing 3-1, there is NO way for your clan to win anymore. which doesnt leave you with much motivation to do your best. i loved the CB's with great comebacks, like winning a CB where you were down 4-1 at some point etc. the new system takes away all the tension and excitement from CB's. ALSO, since its so damn hard to find a clan to play against, playing six short games only to have the CB end in a tie after searching for a clan for an hour is horrible. and CQB's best of 4?! one clan wins two games and the other one doesnt even have a chance of winning anymore.. the old format was MUCH better.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005, 07:31:52 pm »

As always depends on how you see it: less games = shorter cb time = more time for more cbs!

At all the shorter gameplay should show the clans that didn't play many cbs so far how fast and fun a cb can be played. It's just a few games you play and then submit the score and can already play vs the next clan.

However to be honest I'm underestimated the impact it has for some of you.

One thing I wanted to create with a set number of games(as a consequence the possibility of ties) is that clans can be compared with each other more fair and more accurate, which would result in a better and more accurate ladder ranking.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:06:53 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 08:12:43 pm »

One major thing I forgot to mention is that a big difference compared to previous seasons is that each single game is seen as a kind of mini cb! e.g. for Ghost Recon Team you play 6 mini cbs = if there is a tie in total it seems you are equally skilled and don't get extra Elopoints. Further if you are 3-1behind you can still make it a tie and the other clan can show with a 5-1 win that they have cleary dominated this row of mini cbs. -> that's also the reason why we have ties that count towards the cb length: you can win, lose or make a draw in each single mini cb!

The system gives each single game much more importance than before. You shouldn't see it as 1 cb with 1 winner - with the current setup I tried to create something more fair and accurate to compare clans with each other. A row of mini cbs.

Of course maybe the old setup where it was just this 1 cb is more attractive for you. Well I just wanted to give something new a chance. Well let's observe the next cbs a little bit more and further the single games aren't shown on the ladder Elopoints yet due a little bug.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:17:45 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
cO.twist

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 09:14:18 pm »

As always depends on how you see it: less games = shorter cb time = more time for more cbs!

This is how YOU see it, even though you don't even play.  Just because the cb is shorter does NOT mean that we will be able to play more cb's.  There are very few clans that like to do back to back cb's....let alone find another clan willing to cb.  I agree with everyone else (basically) that shortening the # of rounds...PLUS including ties is really gay.  The way it was set up last season worked out fine...the first team to 5 wins, wins the cb...

Counting ties is only going to cause problems...like more CAMPING...more lms...more bullshit.

One major thing I forgot to mention is that a big difference compared to previous seasons is that each single game is seen as a kind of mini cb! e.g. for Ghost Recon Team you play 6 mini cbs = if there is a tie in total it seems you are equally skilled and don't get extra Elopoints. Further if you are 3-1behind you can still make it a tie and the other clan can show with a 5-1 win that they have cleary dominated this row of mini cbs. -> that's also the reason why we have ties that count towards the cb length: you can win, lose or make a draw in each single mini cb!

The system gives each single game much more importance than before. You shouldn't see it as 1 cb with 1 winner - with the current setup I tried to create something more fair and accurate to compare clans with each other. A row of mini cbs.

Of course maybe the old setup where it was just this 1 cb is more attractive for you. Well I just wanted to give something new a chance. Well let's observe the next cbs a little bit more and further the single games aren't shown on the ladder Elopoints yet due a little bug.

no one is ever going to look at each individual map and think of it as 'a bunch of little mini cb's'.  This new  6 game system is only shortening the length of the cb. And adding ties - well that just makes it easier for clans to be gay and pick lms...and go hide in some bush way out in buttfucking egypt. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 09:20:31 pm by cO.twist » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads