*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:03:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  iGuard is out..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iGuard is out..  (Read 3055 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« on: July 29, 2005, 03:32:49 pm »

for more info check here plz   http://battleteksquad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=446#446

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 03:50:52 pm »

The guys put a immense amount of work into providing the community with this, and i know contributions in recognition of their work would be greatly appreciated.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 03:54:26 pm »

Thank you guys for making this app. Maybe we needed it, or maybe we didn't, but it feel alot better now that it's here. Let the fun begin...again.  clapping hands

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 04:11:06 pm »

Make sure you read everything b4 you install.. if not you will be finding yourself reinstalling Rvs anyway.. b/c you can ban yourself from our own host nad be banned from everyone elses games too for not following what i have said on that forum post!!!!

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 05:11:57 pm »

... And they even hit the headlines!

c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 01:19:52 am »

after my long absence from the community, im very happy to come back and see that something has finally been done to take steps in protecting againsnt hacking.  i can not tell you what a relief it is.  its like a warm blanket placed over my L85 rifle  :-)

glad to be back.  cant wait to get on the battlefield

King
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:07:42 am by c| King.of.Pop » Logged

Grammy award winning killer...
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 01:41:18 am »

What do you guys think would be a good donation? Rev has long been one of my pals. I need to give something back to him. I also wanna make sure this mod is required in both the MGL and the DBL.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 04:34:30 am »

Should I have installed it specifically to my Raven Shield folder? Because I just installed it to Mac HD, and now when I try to join a game, it starts downloading whatever it's downloading, gets to about 98%, and then I get the following error message:

"Downloading package 'iGuard' failed: Error moving file"

?

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 06:31:49 am »

it said install it into your rvs folder, yes

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 10:47:30 am »

Cannot stress enough to read the information provided in the installer. If you read it and follow everything to the letter you wont have any problems.

core.Flies

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 12:29:33 pm »

Worked smooth here, in first attempt.

Ross also warned us about doing this right,
but I took the chance and just installed it into my rvS folder, with AS and all.
Joined Harvs room, and no problems at all.
except getting killed.

Let me start by donating you guys a " cheers mate"
for a vnj.

The icon for iGuard is also kinda cute.
Looks sexy on my desktop.
Punkbuster go home.

Best regards
Flies
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 12:35:18 pm »

I took the chance too. I didn't read jack and I guess I got lucky I'm running off a fresh RvS anyway.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 09:27:46 pm »

Worked smooth here, in first attempt.

but I took the chance and just installed it into my rvS folder, with AS and all.
Joined Harvs room, and no problems at all.
except getting killed.

Let me start by donating you guys a " cheers mate"
for a vnj.

The icon for iGuard is also kinda cute.
Looks sexy on my desktop.
Punkbuster go home.

Best regards
Flies

well thats b/c im alllowing the map files right now... but it does leave my server open for someone to slip in with ha hack (if anyone can figure out how hat is) but i will not be running like that for much longer. just while i help peeps get shit going.
I WILL STILL SAY.... INSTALL TO A NEW COPY OF RVS THAT HAS NOT HAD ANY MODS ADDED TO IT EXCEPT FOR AS.. AS IS FINE

l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 01:24:57 am »

I say switch it up. I want to see flies banned for not going by the instructions. Hes a noob but he needs to learn not to try and fast track things.

Best regards
Flies

well thats b/c im alllowing the map files right now... but it does leave my server open for someone to slip in with ha hack (if anyone can figure out how hat is) but i will not be running like that for much longer. just while i help peeps get shit going.
I WILL STILL SAY.... INSTALL TO A NEW COPY OF RVS THAT HAS NOT HAD ANY MODS ADDED TO IT EXCEPT FOR AS.. AS IS FINE
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 02:11:58 am »

Will this be made mandatory for the Raven Shield ladder in the next season whenever that may be?

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 05:21:42 am »

Will this be made mandatory for the Raven Shield ladder in the next season whenever that may be?

Yes, iGuard is going to be the anti-cheat standard for RvS in the *DBL.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 09:56:48 am »

BWT sheix has coded in all of monomans maps.. the new iGuard.ini file will be put up as a seprate download ok the iGuard site for host to use then you can add any map from monoamn site after replacing the iguard.ini in your RvS system folder

KGB

what's going on

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 09:50:40 pm »

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that there are several RVS rooms being hosted which have a
"no I guard" description.  Can we assume that the people hosting these rooms have something
against I guard ?  Is it because they find it hard to install properly or do these ppl hate to loose their cheat abilities.
Have there been talks with Evil about making anti cheat measurements (like I guard) obligatory in GameRanger ?

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 10:00:29 pm »

well a few of them are b/c they installed iGuard without reading the install notes first.. messed up and banned themsleves from there own server. (basicaly there own falt.. but they want to blame iGuard). I guess the others want to hide something!!

[SwF]Eddi

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:24 am »

well a few of them are b/c they installed iGuard without reading the install notes first.. messed up and banned themsleves from there own server. (basicaly there own falt.. but they want to blame iGuard). I guess the others want to hide something!!
Hi eddi here just to reply to this i installed iguard quickly followed by monomans masterlist(?) ini all of this b4 i even logged onto GR or even booted up RVS , now i am in all sorts of shit,it has removed files,it tells me files are missing probably the ones that it removed,i didnt look too close,now if these files are missing how come i have been playing and hosting a reasonable server for at least 9 months with no complaints really apart from the high ping players, what do they expect when im on a 2/256 line,i am no cheater or hacker as a/; i dont even know how the fuk to do it and b/; wouldnt i have a better score on ur stat list?
Ok i register there is a prob with hackers and cheaters but i do think this software should have been tested with mod maps also, i have close to 3.5G of maps and the thought of not playing them gives me the willys as i am bored stiff of standard maps.is there anyway i can upload a copy of the log report of RVS to some one to read to see if its fixable. What happens is i go and open a server up and i freeze on map page with the picture and have to do a force quit to exit,when i went into ini file of i guard it gave my ip as a banned person also with a map violation,which should have been sorted because of that monoman masterlist(?) ini. So off i trek to the rvs folder where the problem file is and i trash it remove my ip off the banned list and starts again,, same problem again so off i go back to other files and do it all again ,this happens both online with GR and offline!!. I removed the 3 parts of iguard but the problem is still here also whats interesting is iguard still crops up in the RVS log, so does iguard have a peice of hidden spyware that stays with it after removal thus making it so u still cant connect.i have a copy of this log too if u want it just mail me an i can send it on. Angry    Sad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads