*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:05:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: *DAMN Tourny Spring 2005!  (Read 12213 times)
z][t-Neo

z][t's Mum

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2005, 09:48:54 am »

Okey. I got the OK from Rampage. z][t will participate.

.::Give every day the chance to be the best in your life::.
  z][t  www.zero-t-clan.com  z][t
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2005, 03:22:59 pm »

Good Morning/ Afternoon ladies and Gents.

An update for you all regarding the Upcoming Spring Tourny. Thanks for the Input we have 9 Participating Clans and in order to keep things on track we're closing for entries.

Each clan will play 3 matches  in rounds 1 and 2.  The final round will be played out as 1 match on Sunday.  This is a single elimination tournament, first clan to reach 2 won matches will move on to round 2, and so on.  Rules are the same as those from season X.

- Round 1 of the 2005 Spring Ghost Recon Tournament begins on Monday, May 16 and must be completed (all 3 matches of round 1) by the end of Wednesday, May 18. 
- Round 2 will begin on Thursday, May 19 and must be completed (all 3 matches of round 2) by the end of Saturday, May 21. 
- The Finals will be played on Sunday, May 22 at a time decided by the admins to best fit each clan.

- It's the job of each clan to finish their matches within the timeframe shown above, failure to comply will result in a disqualification from the tournament for your clan

The brackets for the Tourney will be posted up by Saturday at the latest so you'll all have a bit of time to get prepped up and organized. We can't stress enough that it would be a good idea to speak to your opponents and organize times as soon as possible.

Thanks

BFG & The Admin Team

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 04:07:56 pm »

Thanks for setting this up. Couple of questions...

1: I'm not clear on the "single elimination" set up. You say "Each clan will play 3 matches in rounds 1 and 2", but then you say "first clan to reach 2 won matches will move on to round 2". Your first statement sounds iike everyone makes it to the 2nd round, but your next makes it sound like teams that do not win 2 rounds will not move on to round 2. Please elaborate.

2: How are you determining the brackets? You can't use last seasons standings since some teams have disbanded and others have had new members join/leave. Are you just pulling names out of a hat?

Again... thanks for organizing this.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 07:06:13 pm »

Let me see if I get this:

ROUND 1: 2 clans face each other on a best of 3 basis. The Clan that wins 2 matches - advances

ROUND 2: Same system as Round 1.... The Clan that wins 2 of the 3 matches, advances to the Final

Final: Winner of "only" match - WINS it ALL!

Who will face who, will be determined by Saturday....

May I add my personal opinion on this: * The Most logical system to use would be to Rank the Clans according to last season's standings - Even though some clan participants may have changed, this is not about "particular players", its about "Clans" per se. New Clans should be randomly positioned toward the end of the ranking.....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 07:17:09 pm by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 10:21:11 pm »

Actually, I think that we should do an "enter" and "draw number out of the hat" style.  That way it is fair.   This has nothing to do with last seasons standings, some clans are not participating, some clans dont even exist, so I think it is rather unlogical to base this non-season tournament off of the last season standings.  So what I say, is we have a registration for the clans (We could even make it a non clan secular thing, and have like 4-5 man teams register so that even the "b" players could play.  This would mean, 1 a team captain, and 4 other members, the tournament would be a 4v4, with one man being a sub, or either if both 'Teams' agree, it could be made 5v5.)  This just makes since, since this isnt a season thing, it is just something to keep the interest up during the season. 
       If we do not do the 5 man team version, I think we should at least have people (clans) register, then have a number drawing and have a "luck of the draw" seeding for the tourny.  It just makes more sense to me.

DarK.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 10:29:23 pm »

The Most logical system to use would be to Rank the Clans according to last season's standings

No, it's going to be completely random. And 1 clan will get a bi in round 1 (also random) do to the odd number of clans participating.

ROUND 1: 2 clans face each other on a best of 3 basis. The Clan that wins 2 matches - advances

ROUND 2: Same system as Round 1.... The Clan that wins 2 of the 3 matches, advances to the Final

Final: Winner of "only" match - WINS it ALL!
Sorry for the confusion, this is correct. Should have made it a bit more clear.

So what I say, is we have a registration for the clans (We could even make it a non clan secular thing, and have like 4-5 man teams register so that even the "b" players could play
We already have all of this setup, the nine clans that put in for a spot are the ones participating. No need for a registration. We're trying to keep this as simple as possible, minimum of 3v3 BUT we encourage 4v4 or more.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 10:38:40 pm by cO.krush » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 11:05:41 pm »

Krush, my 4v4 tourny was a sugestion just to be a fun tournament that you can join with your friends, I think that it will bring back some of the "Fun" that many people have reported it being lost in teh past few seasons, with people worried about winning to much.  I think that if we have the 4v4 it would be a nonclan thing (can have members of clans but for example,
Team One:                       Team Two:                     Team Three:                  Team Four:
DarK.                                      [:]theweakspot                   z][t-Rampage             Po Viva
cO.Twist                                   *nRg Macuber                     Po TiroFino                Po KitKat
Po Hunter S. Thompson               [a]Red Tigah                       cO.Muzzy                  Po Murdurah
:MoD: Shade                            GhRa>Acri                          Bootsy Styles             Po EagleFox23

Those are just mock teams, that could happen, we could have nonclan members (like Bootsy and others) and even teams made up of only claners or only nonclaners.  It would just be a fun lil 4 man registration thing, that doesnt even require a registration at *DAMN, but just be sponsored By DAMN, as is run by the *DAMN admins, and set up by *DAMN (It would also encourage such nonclanners as bootsy and others to join a clan and start playing in the leagues)

This is just a fun lil Idea I pulled out of my arse, seen it used at soccer things and such, its just something fun we could do in an offseason.

DarK.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 02:08:57 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
GhRa> Clay
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2005, 02:59:33 pm »

Errrrrrrrrr, no sorry Acri won't play, he has his mouse broken and can't play ghr anymore
Tin

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 03:20:24 pm »

Errrrrrrrrr, no sorry Acri won't play, he has his mouse broken and can't play ghr anymore

Yes, Clay. But that doesn't matter.  Shocked
It was just an example. :p
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2005, 03:53:16 pm »

I don't know how other clans are, but in cO's case, I believe most of our best friends on GR are in cO (or at least our top three best friends if we were to choose a team for a 4v4).

which would mean it would just be a group of cO guys... I would imagine that it would be similar for many other clans.  In most cases, part of the reason you're in the clan that you're in is because you get along with all/most of the people in your clan pretty well. I believe that this would become another clan tournament with a confusing aspect.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 09:25:10 pm by cO.krush » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2005, 06:35:23 pm »

not necessarily Krush... and it could be made that there has to be one member of the team not in your clan, just so we get a lil diversity in it.  Im just throwing out ideas.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2005, 07:00:38 pm »

all in all it's a pretty good idea... but I sort of doubt that it would work out.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2005, 08:27:45 pm »

I dunno it should be able to work.  BECAUSE I SAID SO DAMMIT lol w/e It was just me throwing out ideas.

Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2005, 09:28:31 pm »

Just thought I'd chime in with a little history lesson for you guys:

About 3 years ago we tried to start something called the IRSL, I don't remember what it stood for. The basic idea was drafting players, for a tournament. I was leader of one of the teams, I had VooDoo, Infect, Jackal, and someone else I believe.

The IRSL Ladder was a joke. Over the course of a month or so - however long it ran - 2 CBs were played, both by my clan, only one of those was completed.

People form and join clans with people they want as their teammates. No matter what happens, someone's true clan will always have priority over some clan they just formed for some tournament. No one takes it seriously at all, and nothing works.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2005, 10:06:24 pm »

Typhy, it should be able to work if people want it to, and it wont be a clan thing, we could have in nonpartison of the DBL and just have it sponsored by them... as in led by their admins.

Ein

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2005, 03:04:51 am »

The problem with that is it complicates things and as the admins have said, they want this to be as uncomplicated as possible. Why draw up new teams when everyone is already divided into their teams (clans). If you guys want to do this in the future that would be fine but this thread is about the tournament that is happening next week so lets not try to overcomplicate it.

Thnx
Ein
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2005, 03:07:55 am »

Typhy, it should be able to work if people want it to, and it wont be a clan thing, we could have in nonpartison of the DBL and just have it sponsored by them... as in led by their admins.

The IRSL was through the DBL.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2005, 03:12:34 am »

I wasn't too happy with the team that drafted me in IRSL. The problem with those tournaments is timing. Clans usually run on a similar schedule, but the IRSL was all over the map.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2005, 03:58:34 am »

Myst, you could have made ur own group...  there is nothing about drafting, it is whoever watnts to play together, FOR JESUS SAKE ITS JUST AN IDEA!

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2005, 04:59:01 am »

Then defend you're idea. We also did a championship ladder in the RS days of selected teams, it just ended up being the same clans under retarded names

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads