*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  WHERE AM I??
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WHERE AM I??  (Read 2617 times)
addict

« on: February 28, 2005, 01:26:57 am »

i have just a few things to say...
First i would like to just note that the "registration Period" rules is a load of crap cause i got screwed, but w.e nothin can be done with that.

The real issue at hand though is my position on the FFA ladder.  I HAVE NONE!  I was a standing member on the DBL for a long time.  But today i participated in a FFA, and when we tried to post the match, my account could not be found.  Im not sure how long it has been this way but i wounder if it had any connection with me leaving MOD.  So please look into this ASAP and the dbl is home to the worst rules on the earth.
have a nice day,
-A.D.D.ict
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 01:35:19 am »

Yeah, if someone could correct this and put addict back in the FFA ladder, I have an FFA from today that I still need to post.

That's the Ghost Recon FFA Ladder, by the way.
[/size]  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 01:36:33 am »

The registration period is not crap, it has the purpose that you try to play with one team until the end of the season and not leave the team midseason when you see that you your clan isn't doing that well.

However about the FFA: there was a bug when you renamed you got autoremoved from the FFA ladder. What is your *DBL user account name.

Night,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 01:51:16 am »

I have to say that with an entire month left in the season us not being able to add anymore players to our roster is pretty frustrating.

The -UnKnowN clan only has 4 very active members and would love to get some more guys up and running so we can prepare better for finals and be sure that we can fill out the 4v4 default # of players in case one of us can't make it.

Please reconsider A.D.D.I.C.T's opportunity to become a member of the -UnKnowN clan.  I would understand if this were the final few days or so of the season but with a month left it seems pretty ridiculous.

I also understand your point of players jumping ship when a clan might not be doing well...

But this is something that happens so infrequently IMO that I think it should be taken on a case by case basis.  We should be able to present a case for adding a new player during the course of a season for nothing else but interest and activity in the DBL.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
addict

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 02:18:16 am »

well if that rule was made for people to not join other clans when their clan is doing unwell, but if you would look at the standings of MOD i feel that the rule does not represent my position and i feel that from now on you should look at this situation individually or make it so others dont fall into my place.

my login name is addict
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 02:27:00 am »

Rules are rules. I'm sorry about your situation, but its your responsibility to stay current with the rules, and know when the period ends. If we were to make an exception for you, we would have to for everyone, and frankly, we don't have enough time to deal with all the clan hopping noobs that are out there.

I spend quite a bit of time on this forum helping out, and on GR(over 2 days worth of time, which kind of scares me) and on top of school and my life, I don't need more to do. Hell, look at BFG, he gets hounded so much by people on GR that he had to block all pms, and is hounded on his aim account, we don't need more for people to complain and ask about.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 03:14:10 am »

I understand this point.

But let's be real....

The real reason why this new rule came into effect this season is not because those who hold power are worried about people bailing on bad clans........

It's to prevent others from getting better and having the chance to seriously compete.

Civrock

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 03:46:13 am »

nothing against ya Vick but how does this rule prevent others from getting better or having the chance to seriously compete? i'm pretty sure this rule exists since about two seasons by now and it should be known by all clans. i've noticed clans paying attention to having their teams set before the deadline of the registration period.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 04:36:23 am »

nothing against ya Vick but how does this rule prevent others from getting better or having the chance to seriously compete? i'm pretty sure this rule exists since about two seasons by now and it should be known by all clans. i've noticed clans paying attention to having their teams set before the deadline of the registration period.

Haha...I knew you'd come out for that one Civ. 

Whatever, we know it's a rule but it really sucks that A.D.D.I.C.T. can't play for the rest of the season and we could really use one more player.

[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 04:06:27 pm »

Isn't there two rules concerning the joining of a clan.

a) You can't join after the registration period.

b) something about you can join, not cb for a week and not play in finals.

This rule has stopped me from playing an entire season in the past, the only season that i had a chance of playing the entire length.

Also I'd like to add, with no revelance to the current topic...its a bit easy to register a clan, just in case future improvements are made, this is one.

How would that affect the ladder?

I could create about 5 clans with the current set-up, 5 clans x max. amount of cbs (Cool x max. sheep bet on a 4v4 (32) = 1280 points.  Shocked

If your clever you might even take some losses from these prop clans, and not cb all 8 times. I used the current point system but even with the new sheep fat it still has relevance.

nark?

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 05:01:05 pm »

I have to say that with an entire month left in the season us not being able to add anymore players to our roster is pretty frustrating.

The -UnKnowN clan only has 4 very active members and would love to get some more guys up and running so we can prepare better for finals and be sure that we can fill out the 4v4 default # of players in case one of us can't make it. With the rule that is now impossible.

Please reconsider A.D.D.I.C.T's opportunity to become a member of the -UnKnowN clan.  I would understand if this were the final few days or so of the season but with a month left it seems pretty ridiculous.

I also understand your point of players jumping ship when a clan might not be doing well...

But this is something that happens so infrequently IMO that I think it should be taken on a case by case basis.  We should be able to present a case for adding a new player during the course of a season for nothing else but interest and activity in the DBL.

This rule was created back when I was a DBL admin. It was created for a reason. Of course you dont see players jumping ship now, its because of the rule. Before the rule was implemented there were problems of players joining clans at last minute to make a super clan to win in the finals.

I spend quite a bit of time on this forum helping out, and on GR(over 2 days worth of time, which kind of scares me) and on top of school and my life, I don't need more to do. Hell, look at BFG, he gets hounded so much by people on GR that he had to block all pms, and is hounded on his aim account, we don't need more for people to complain and ask about.

Spike, I find it quite Ironic that your complaining about a job that you wanted so bad. You dont need more to do? LOL, Christ....it comes with the territory. Also, BFG shouldnt be blocking anyone on GR, he is an Admin.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 05:05:49 pm »

I'm not complaining, I happily give up my time to do this, and yes I did want the job. BFG is a forum admin, that is why we have GR admins to answer people's questions on GR.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 06:45:54 pm »

1 Yes i have no responsibility to answer peoples questions etc on GR - i have done without exception until recently because i wanted the opportunity to be able to come on GR to play some games and relax without being quite literally Flooded with PM's. I was quite happy doing what i could to discuss problems and issues with people on GR but also i do like to play on Gameranger just as one of the players, and to quietly enjoy playing etc, which i dont' think is uncalled for especailly considering the points spike mentioned. 

That said however, im always contact-able by email at  bfg@damnr6.com  if there was some need to contact me, and i have hardly even been online since stopping all PM's.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2005, 10:57:29 am »

I understand this point.

But let's be real....

The real reason why this new rule came into effect this season is not because those who hold power are worried about people bailing on bad clans........

It's to prevent others from getting better and having the chance to seriously compete.

No I believe we came up with this rule 2 seasons ago to combat the "clan jumping" from happening ( you know what i mean.. the guys who are in a dif clan evey other day) and also to preventsomeone from leaving a clan right b4 the final b/c there clan didnt make it and join a clan that made it to the finals.

The other issue was to prevent someone from forming a clan right b4 the finals (or mid eason) and playing "mock" cb against there real clan.. giving them an oviose points lead (this happened in one of the season in the past.. and was the primary reason for the cut off date)

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads