*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:52:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Challenge READ ME 1.0  (Read 6652 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: June 06, 2006, 04:45:36 pm »

Welcome to the *DBL Challenge Board.

Here you can post and answer the challenges you'll receive throughout the season.

Challenge rules:

- Challenges need to be answered within 48 hours. So check this board frequently!
- Challenges need to be set within 24 hours after the first answer.
- a clan can only receive 2 challenges at a time per Advanced ladder, and 1 cb at a time per fun(non Advanced) clan ladders. All challenges that exceed these limits are automatically nullified.
- Challenges need to be played within 2 weeks, after the challenge has been posted.
- Dismissed challenges will be punished with 0.2 warning points. After the 3rd dismissed challenge per ladder your clan will be removed from the related ladder.
- you can challenge the same clan not more than twice per ladder.
- if your opponent doesn't show up you have to verify that your clan was online at the set time, you and all participating members of your clan need to post in the related challenge thread. Check for replies from your opponent for the next 15minutes.

Challenge how to do - or what you need to post in your challenges and answers:

e.g.: Clan A challenges Clan B:

- Clan A posts a new topic with the subject: "Challenge Clan B - Ladder - Clan A" (underlined parts need to be replaced)
- Clan A posts 3 times that are different by at least 2 hours.(times need to be posted in CEST(Berlin), EST(New York), or PST(Los Angeles)
- Clan B replies within 48 hours, picks a time and post 3 different dates of the next 10 days.
- Clan A has to reply within 24hours and chooses a date.
- The challenge is set.

Further you may also add special wishes about number of players, or other times. However the points above are mandatory, and you need to play at least with the default number of players.

If you have questions about challenges in general, reply to this thread.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 04:23:31 pm by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 04:58:32 pm »

For all games that are not playable via GameRanger you can also add your server/IP address.

The higher ranked clan chooses to start hosting or not. You can also suggest a dedicate host for the entire cb.

since 13th June 2000
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 06:50:54 pm »

could we have a folder by clan so we will not miss ane challenge and it will be better to check it !! ?
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:59:31 am »

yea, instead of having one topic that everybody checks you should make each clan post the challenges in a certain format under their own topic (new topic for every challenge, delete the completed ones)... nobody really wants to swift through one topic to find which challenges are for them... and then people would start discussing the challenge in the main topic for everybody to read... it'd get messy Grin

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 11:32:34 am »

@ Croosch: Ehm everyone would post their own topic, just in this board category. So for every challenge you start a new topic in this board.

@ Ghost: I gonna look if this is practicable in this forum, or if it would get flooded with subcategories.

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:43:46 pm »

Alright to create a subcategory for each clan would be possible without flooding the main forum page with subcategories. However I think it only pays off if you receive a lot of challenges. It's easy to take a look at all new topics and see if a topic starts with your clanname or not.

However if a clan receives a lot of challenges I can create an own challenge folder for the clan.

I think that's better than creating tons of clan folders that won't be used.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 01:54:50 am »

@ Croosch: Ehm everyone would post their own topic, just in this board category. So for every challenge you start a new topic in this board.

yea, that's what I meant Grin This way you could avoid clans discussing time and such in the main topic... and you can easily delete the completed challenges.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
dr.blake.
BL Staff

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 12:12:29 am »

What if the 'challenge' occurs on gameranger, the clan being challenged accepts, and a clan battle is played without either clan going on the forums and posting.. is this not allowed anymore? MUST clans post and wait for a reply etc. for the cb to be valid? are cbs that take place without posting on the forums null/void?

"...a winner... They win, no matter what. Their resources are greater than their opponents in any context."

-autriche
mesa

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:46:41 am »

I have to agree with Blake here.  This all seems a bit odd.

mesa

RVS FOR LIFE!!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 10:17:28 am »

Such challenges are still possible and valid. If you play right away, it's no problem, but if agree in GameRanger to play in 8 days you should make a screenshot and may post an own topic in the challenge thread here, because you can only get 2 challenges at a time(this limit counts only for posted challenges here, otherwise it would end in a mess, where everyone is challenged). If you don't care about this limit you don't need to leave a post.

For all challenges that aren't made here, you should take a screenshot.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 02:32:41 pm »

Today season XIV started. As a consequence you are now allowed to challenge clans.

If you receive a lot of challenges your clan will get an own challenge subboard.

since 13th June 2000
Tin

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 10:57:47 pm »

- a clan can only receive 2 challenges at a time per Advanced ladder, and 1 cb at a time per fun(non Advanced) clan ladders. All challenges that exceed these limits are automatically nullified.

How many clans are you allowed to challenge at the same time? Is there a limit?

I mean, does this only 2 challenges at a time rule include pending challenges? Like I challenge 3 clans but I get one of the cbs done before the third challnege is set.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:19:28 pm by Tin » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 08:50:18 am »

Yes the rule includes pending challenges. You can only receive 2 challenges at a time(a challenge starts with posting the topic here and ends when the cb has been played), however you are free to challenge more clans at the same time if you want.

since 13th June 2000
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 10:50:28 pm »

There are 2 clans on the ADV ladder that CB'd each other 3 times which is over the "2 times" limit clearly stated in the *DBL Rules.  I'm not gona say which clans these are but its Match: #4515. 

If the rule doesnt apply and you can CB another clan an unlimited # of times in one season, don't you think clans are gona pick and choose who they want to CB, WHICH WAS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE *DBL IN THE PAST.

~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 04:34:30 am »

There are 2 clans on the ADV ladder that CB'd each other 3 times which is over the "2 times" limit clearly stated in the *DBL Rules.  I'm not gona say which clans these are but its Match: #4515. 

If the rule doesnt apply and you can CB another clan an unlimited # of times in one season, don't you think clans are gona pick and choose who they want to CB, WHICH WAS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE *DBL IN THE PAST.

Those are semi-final CBs... a best out of 5 to advance to the Season Final!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:53:54 am by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:16:48 am »

Punisher is right, after I fixed all cbs where GhRa added tourney in the comments - cb 4515 isn't one of them and was nullified because it broke the mentioned rule.

Thanks for the info.

since 13th June 2000
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 08:52:05 am »

Punisher is right, after I fixed all cbs where GhRa added tourney in the comments - cb 4515 isn't one of them and was nullified because it broke the mentioned rule.

Thanks for the info.

Wait, what Punisher was questioning was why there were 3 cbs in a row between the same three clans. Weren't they semi-finals CB (best of 5)? If so, 3 would be allowed! Look at CBs 4505 , 4506, and 4507.. also 3 cbs from the semis!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:56:14 am by ~Po~ TiroFino » Logged

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 09:12:39 am »

But he was talking about a GhR Advanced cb(4515), which was the 3rd season cb GhRa vs. Djrs, but only 2 Advanced cbs vs the same clan are allowed throughout the season.

For the tourney 3 cbs in a row are of course allowed.

since 13th June 2000
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 11:53:51 am »

But he was talking about a GhR Advanced cb(4515), which was the 3rd season cb GhRa vs. Djrs, but only 2 Advanced cbs vs the same clan are allowed throughout the season.

For the tourney 3 cbs in a row are of course allowed.

I thought those were the semifinals CBs... My bad!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads