*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:51:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GhR Non-start
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR Non-start  (Read 4300 times)
Poog

« on: January 03, 2009, 09:35:41 pm »

Hello,

I've just installed Ghost Recon to my MacBook, and it does not start up. I double-click on it, and nothing happens. I then updated to GhR 1.4, and same thing. My lke.log says this:

***** User's system configuration *****
      CPU: 268
      RAM: 2047 MB
      O/S: 4181
RSOptions: Could not open options file options.xml for reading, using defaults
Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.4.0.0(0)
DrawSprocket failed -30446
RSUIMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize mDisplayMgrIkeGameMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize UI_MGR: -1

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
Intel GMA X3100 video card, 144 mb VRAM

Any suggestions are appreciated!

ApexMods

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:07:05 pm »

Hmm... it looks like the game cannot read its options file (options.xml).  Maybe it has been corrupted?  What does your options.xml file look like?  Any unusual entries?

You could try moving the file to another folder temporarily, and then start the game to see if it still crashes and to find out whether it writes a new options file.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)
Poog

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:27:20 pm »

Good point. There seems to be no "options.xml" in my GhR folder. I reinstalled it in case the installation got interrupted or something, and this GhR again has no options.xml file. Strange. I'm stuck. Stalled.
ApexMods

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:12:21 am »

Oh, wait... you just installed it for the first time?  Then it is normal not to have an options file, yet. It is usually created when the game is first (successfully) launched, IIRC.

Maybe the (old) game doesn't know how to query your (modern) hardware properly?  Although a fresh install on my MBP worked just fine.

Hmm... you could try creating a new empty (0k) plain-text file and naming it options.xml (you can use TextEdit for that).  The file must be located in the "Ghost Recon Data" folder.

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents (1770)
Poog

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:44:57 pm »

Heh, successfully is the key word! It's a paradox.

I tried creating a blank option.xml file from TextEdit and the lke.log reported an XML parsing error.

Anyways, I copied the options.xml file from a functional GhR from another computer and put it in the GhR on my MacBook and I got this in my lke.log:

***** User's system configuration *****
      CPU: 268
      RAM: 2047 MB
      O/S: 4181
Ghost Recon (RELEASE)  version = 1.2.10.0(0)
DrawSprocket failed -30446
RSUIMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize mDisplayMgrIkeGameMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize UI_MGR: -1

Thanks for your help by the way!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 08:01:24 pm »

Hi Poog,

I don't know if GhR works at all on Intel Graphics(or are you already using a new MB?), but one solution that often works since Rogue Spear is to delete the preferences located at your user folder/library/preferences/com.aspyr.ghostrecon.plist

Good luck,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
ApexMods

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 12:18:01 pm »

Yes, sorry about that... Hi Poog!   Smiley

Deleting the preferences file (.plist) is of course a good idea!  Thanks, Mauti!

And I checked with a friend of mine and he has GhR running on his old MB (Intel Graphics) without issues, so that shouldn't be the issue, Poog.

I wonder about that "DrawSprocket failed" message, but maybe erasing the preferences file Mauti mentioned could solve this.

[a] ferret

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 09:35:51 pm »

Drawsprocket from back in the OS 9 and prior days was an Extension Lib file. I just installed GhR from the CD 1 day ago on my imac 24 and grabbed only 2 updates 1.0.1 and 1.0.3 and it started just fine. Other than that I didn't touch anything. I'm sure you either have :

a) a bad updated application of ghost recon or

b) a setting pointing for ghost recon to start in os 9 classic (which i'm not even sure is available being away from macs for so long)

goodluck pooger

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads