*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:27:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Status  (Read 5508 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: December 24, 2007, 03:02:40 am »

You can read an open christmas letter at the *DBL page or a more detailed one in the General gossip.

However I would like to post here that this project got really out of hands. Too big, too many features, too many things I wanted to accomplish. I really believe in this project and a successful future, but I need to work faster and more efficient, and last but not least more realistic. I'm alone and there are so many other things that needs to be done beside the *DBL that my workflow always gets interrupt. I'm sorry for all the broken promises I made during the last 18 months. i'll try to improve.

The *DBL framework is done, beside improving and reworking small parts from time to time. Modules that need to finished for a first launch are:

- Season and Even Management
- Clan Setup Page
- Rules and Game Ranking rules
- News module
- Server page

I have already upgraded my server settings with more webstorage and the latest php version. So nothing is in the way when I'm done. It's still a tough way until release, but I gonna try my best.

Have a good one,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BonZ

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:15 pm »

Great!  DBL is finally coming back, even if it will take a few more months.  I'll definitely wait for this!  Keep up the good work Mauti clapping hands.

Watch Out, Bonz Away!
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:05:25 am »

I don't mean to sound out of touch with Mac gaming, but alas I am. Is there still a community that could sustain this league? Is it time to consider opening this league to all platforms; especially with the advent of dual-booting Macs becoming standard for those who love both their Macs and their games.

I assume that the framework of the site is clearly not design to Mac users... unless we're all in for a surprise. But anyway, there is a lot of potential to expand operations and take on the PC ladders feature by feature. T'would be a fun, uniting battle.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:34:57 pm »

I know, and from time to time I also take a look at GameRanger and doesn't see much action going on. Of course there are still a handful of people playing GhR and RvS, a some more AoE 2 & 3, however I want to finish it, even if it is only for some old school tournaments ;-)

To answer your question Myst: no there is nothing Mac Only beside some games that allow only Mac to Mac multiplayer. For myself the most important thing is to get it done and then we can work out rulesets for PC ladders, mixed ladders and just Mac ladders. Beside that I gonna release some browser games from time to time. Right now I'm working on a typing game for a Game Design lecture.

My goal is just to bring together some friends and have fun playing games and maybe there will be a game that we all are playing again together in GameRanger or just the *DBL ;-)

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
core.Flies

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:33:36 am »

There !  clapping hands

I finally made it....pheew. Trying to get logged in to this forum for so long.
But stupid forgotten passwords and usernames kept me out of reply-ability. wallbashing

Hey everyone Happy new year and happy gaming to you all.

To be honest I dont think there is any other "niche" - but plz note that this niche is quite important - that could keep the DAMN-forums alive, than making a forum for all of us Mac-lovers, that now get frustrated... diverted...lost... in all the PC-gaming, and the common PC-gamers life.  Because the PC-gamers -  they are used to a gaming-world, where you dont have any place to call "home" but your clan-site. Its only us that are "spoiled" in the sens that we had these forums to join, and shared love and hate and whatever, acroos any clan-platform.

If suddenly - out of the ashes - the DAMN-site revived, and brought to me a place, where I could meet with all you stupid and worthless mac-gamers that I´ve learned to love over the years, in a casual way, that left room for us all to discuss various PC-games in our own mac-way, I think we would have a start.

And that would be a start of just friendly sharing of know-how to begin with. But I am pretty certain that should we be able to get it kicked off, we would prolly find very soon, that we could also start to join up with each other again. And being the mac-world, I guess all of uss know that the knowledge sharing goes far beyond just gaming-issues.

And thats the platform I see. A DAMN-MAC-forum...whatever...where we -that is more or less 99% of us at least - could say : To hell with Gameranger...
 It was great - I could write a text three gravestones long about how much I loved Gameranger, but its over. End of line. So from now on, the specific feeling I have, that i cant get fulfilled anywhere else is :

" I love to game. I only wanna play the best state-of-the-art games. They appear to be PC-games. So I play them. But I miss my community. I love my mac, but I miss m fellow mac-lovers.

If DAMN-forum in some way found the platform to unite us in at least knowledge-sharing, and perhaps some slowly growing clan-making again, I think it could be the start of something new and cosy alternative to the relatively cold PC-gaming community i had to face, over the past year that I´ve been gaming on my Intel Mac.

Best regards
Flies

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:41:41 am by core.Flies » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads