*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:49:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  GameRanger Hybrid?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GameRanger Hybrid?  (Read 4077 times)
mesa
BL Staff

« on: February 22, 2007, 06:24:23 pm »

Fact or fiction?  I heard a rumor there will be a GameRanger maybe under a new name for PC?  This true Mr. Scott Kevill?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 06:29:57 pm by mesa » Logged

RVS FOR LIFE!!
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:22:04 am »

Considering how bad things have been going for gameranger these days (see www.gameranger.com/stats), I would not be surprised by this change. 

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:50:22 pm »

crikey thats a pretty definate declining graph if ever i saw one.

Well it would make sense - Mac/PC gaming lines are blurring and it would be great to still be able to find old friends on GR for PC games 

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_FahQ2

shit stinks, don't touch! drink more! beer shits!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 05:13:16 pm »

ahh the 1300's, those were good times on GR. But a lot of buzz from Nvidia and their deal with transgaming. To keep it short, a plan to have cider run on osx to work with Direct3D.

so mb we have a future

"Forgiveness is between you and your God, My job is to help arrange the meeting."
www.rmgraphix.com
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 07:51:28 pm »

I think Gamerangers activity is down because the summer hasn't come yet and we are still in the season where kids are in school and college. 

Also there is another big PC game "Star Wars Empire at War" coming to Mac next month which should boost some activity on Gameranger if it supports it.  Another game that just came out for Mac in November "Age of Empires 3" seems to be a hit on Gameranger.

I think the strategy gamers will be satisfied for awhile now, its the action gamers that need to be satisfied with something new.  We would probably never have these "Gameranger is on the decline" posts again if they just released GRAW for Mac.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:01:02 am »

No one with a PPC Mac below G5 @2.5GHz (Dual or Quad) would get GRAW to run. Those other high performance users (the Intel ones) are already able to run GRAW on their Macs.

Gameranger is no in freefall due to lack of games, not due to lack of summers over the past 3 years ( Lips Sealed ) but because there is absolutely nothing unique about Gameranger. The GR community used to be great for a good while, and always had some level of respect between those who were involved. The GR of today is no different than if it were a multi-million person PC community where people go around acting like jackasses and change their name the next day ... then repeat.

The small community is gone from the infinitely small Gameranger; and that plays into on one's hand. There's no way to change this, as we can't control who joins Gameranger. Ultimately, the only way for Gameranger to improve along it's path is for scott to start bundling it again, dropping stupid premium only features (see linking), and working towards Windows support when possible with games (or at least platform independent chat/browsing of games).

Gameranger is stagnant, and no amount of AoE series games has saved it yet.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Dark uk

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:44:05 pm »

I know that the reason I don't even have GR installed anymore is that since I got my MacBook Pro (core 2 duo might I add Cool ) I havent played any mac games on it  Lips Sealed . I don't play games that often anymore but when I do they are PC games running through bootcamp.

I do miss the old days of Ghr though and Im thinking of installing it which is why I've stumbled back onto this website.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads