*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:34:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: presenting current status of next seasons GhR news - your input and help wanted  (Read 6110 times)
[a] LYNX

« on: November 06, 2006, 11:27:04 pm »

lets jump right into it:

next *DBL Mod
so far we have some well tested and cool new spawns and wz-areas for around 15 (all that need it excluding grpa) maps. we have a modified version of the warzone - wz sd. what we dont have yet is any other great content. we like maps, we want maps. we need your help: which maps are really cool? do you have seen maps you want to see in the *dbl mod? can you modify maps and do you want to share them? do you have cool weapons, gametypes, background pictures and what not? do you have seen anything of the above or else you would like in this mod? and yes, ive always said it, i want the grpa mod to merge into the *dbl map pack. Punisher, Roem? if you can and want to contribute in whatever ammount, pls dont hide. contact me or one of the other admins, contact someone who contacts us if needed ; )

setup for the season? 
mb as a consequence of the state ghr is in right now, we've come to an nice season setup: conclude all specific ladders into one single ladder. its really as simple as it sounds: the developed and i might say successfull ladders (advanced, siege, cqb) will be removed and instead will merge into one "superleague". in this league you can still play a cqb, or a siege cb and you guess it, a wz/hh cb too. it just depends on what you like to play and what your opponent can/wants to play. whatever cb you play, you already know the rules since they are the same like every season before. the only new thing is, even if youre only two guys online right now, you can play a full counting cqb for your clan. or if you have all your siege guys on, ask the other clan to play a siege cb against/with(?) you. you could even create a siege-only clan!
thats the idea. i guess you have questions. it will be easy to answer them youll see. but pls ask, we all know that unclear rules are very frustrating sometimes. we want to get the rules page easier but more complete.

special ladder
from an idea [a] ferret had: a solo 1vs1 ladder, 5 mins with inf spawns. every particpant plays all other players registerd for the ladder an equal number of times (depending on participant number this could be something like 2x best of 3). easy: the player with the most wins (and highest killnumber if needed) wins and can tell bargirls about it: )

admin(s)
we are in need of engaged admins. i would choose tigah if she hadnt already choosed against that. if youre like tigah... ok nvm; )
if you love GhR, if you can see clear when theres only fog and if you can express yourself (better than me should be easy no?) and normally do so, you get: alot more contacts. alot responsibility. alot of fun moderating/creating the stuff that keeps the game goin.

anything else?
tho that was lots of text, theres of course something important missing. if you know what, dont hold back with it.
you can pm me by clicking the script-like icon in the upper left next to my name or just contact me on gr.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:31:27 pm by [a] LYNX » Logged

[a] LYNX
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:14:19 am »

Just a note about the above post: the points above are some ideas and suggestions and represent what our GhR admins think would work out the best as starting setup. But its not complete yet.

If you have any concerns other ideas, suggestions post them right ahead. Your input makes a difference.

Another thing that we haven't talked about are what FFA setup do you want? Lynx just presented a 1vs1 setup but would you like to use something similiar to the old FFA setup with extended stats and of course awards or do you have a complete different idea how future FFA cbs should be played!?

Please leave your input.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[a] ferret

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:23:27 am »

Mod Suggestions.

Different Weapons : I love the Island Thunder weapons, however, it's to the point where we only use either the Socom, Z84 9mm, or MM1, and sometime that SR25. But other than that.. they are a waste of weapon slots. Maybe get someone like Punisher who has extensive weapon modding experience.

Skins : I understand the point of even uniforms, I really do.. but they look horrible.. maybe some different ones or none at all. Personally I prefer the older skins, however, I do see the point in competition to keep them even.

Maps : what do we play now days? Aztec, De Dust, Chalet, Fort .. mostly smaller maps from that pack are played with the exception of Mosque, Outpost, & Tower. I say we scrap a lot of maps that we dont play and get some either better ones or new ones.. 10mm has some fantastic maps, remember Punishers X mod with Blue Ghost and Jungle.. those were decent. Blue Ivan is nice and so are some from lots of mods that we tend to forget.   Like last time I can put together a test pack and get some feedback from those suggestions

HOWEVER.. this time i would like to get some things fixed that didn't get done on Final..

Igor scripting.. theres nothing more annoying that putting a Mission file in a map pack that doesnt have all the content needed to play it in all the game modes.. so alot of cleaning, actor changing, enviroment sounds.. these things need to be delt with. Since Mauti has informed us that he needs time for DBL2.0.. we can finally take our time on this one and make sure it comes out right.

Mod Availability : Put a link for the Ghr DBL mod on the DBL front page for gods sake. Since not everybody wants to make a File Planet account (or maybe they don't understand that it's free) Some alternate mirror sites.. like the animal-clan website for instance.. or Mac Gaming Mods.

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:25:51 am »

*An awesome FFA or 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 gametype that might be interesting is something that involves 4 Bases and 4 Chickens.  You must grab the chickens from the central area of the map and bring them back to your own base to gain points.  Just like in domination you gain +1 for every second you control a chicken.  You can steal chickens from another teams base and bring them back to your base.  The catch is that there is only 4 chickens so you are going to have to steal from other teams to win.  And everytime a team captures a chicken it must make the "bawk bawk bawk" sound. clapping hands

*The FFA ladder should use the MP5 SD w/Nades or Rockets only.  The GL Spam infested games are getting lame.

*Merging the 24 *DBL Final Maps with the 20 GRPA Maps is too much crap to have in one mod,  It would even eliminate the point of having a GRPA|Mod.

I know some people hate playing with the new guns/skins so if you do make a new mod maybe consider creating 2 new *DBL mods.  A *DBL MapPack, *DBL Weapons/Skins Pack.

*I wouldn't drop out any of the current *DBL maps either because those maps will be missed if their removed. (Although I would replace the *DBL Downtown with GRPA|Downtown)  Alot of people missed Reservoir and Weapons Factory when you took those out.  I could see alot of upset people if you take out something else like Tower, Chalet.....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 02:40:34 am by PUNiSHER™ » Logged

PUNiSHER™

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:41:18 am »

*Just another idea but hold a "Map Draft" for clans before the season starts.  Setup a random draft order and every clan picks until they have 5 maps.  Then when you choose a map for a CB you can only choose from the 5 maps your clan has.  Grin

Atmos

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 04:43:54 am »

*Just another idea but hold a "Map Draft" for clans before the season starts.  Setup a random draft order and every clan picks until they have 5 maps.  Then when you choose a map for a CB you can only choose from the 5 maps your clan has.  Grin
There are good and bad aspects to this one. The great part with it is that you don't have to sit and wait for a clan to pick a map (if there were to be a merge between DBL and GRPA then there would be a lot of maps). IMO though I think its better to not be limited to 5 maps for a season. That would be a bit irritating playing the same maps over and over for an entire season.

Quote from: PUNiSHER™
*An awesome FFA or 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 gametype that might be interesting is something that involves 4 Bases and 4 Chickens.  You must grab the chickens from the central area of the map and bring them back to your own base to gain points.  Just like in domination you gain +1 for every second you control a chicken.  You can steal chickens from another teams base and bring them back to your base.  The catch is that there is only 4 chickens so you are going to have to steal from other teams to win.  And everytime a team captures a chicken it must make the "bawk bawk bawk" sound. clapping hands
I love it Cheesy Its a cross between domination and hostage.
[a] LYNX

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 09:47:02 am »

i have no problem moving the original maps too. so what i thought is actually  making two mods: one *dbl standard and one *dbl submod. in the standard one are all popular maps and in the sub one are all others (same with gametypes etc). this would eliminate the problem with too many maps even after grpa made it into *dbl map pack. the standard one would be the only required one, the submod one would be optional.

ferret, youre probably the one with the most knowledge about existing mods/maps/stuff. it would be cool if you could create a list of maps/stuff as a base at to which its worth looking at. btw forgotten mods: remyg.

pun, if that 4bases/4chickens thing is possible it would be a perfect fit for the sub pack. tho actually i would love to exclude the bawk-sounds and rather have it be something like a pda or w/e; )
map draft sounds really awsome to me, tho this cant be done during the season - would just not work and especially not by script (who cares the script). instead it could be used in a finals-setup, which is moderated. the draft should be outside the influence of the participating clans tho, rather coming from a selection appropriate for cbs.
the ffa-kit restriction already excludes the gl. but additional ladders are possible as far as i understood mauti.

too many weapons: ya. i think everyone can imagine which weapons will be excluded in a new version of the map pack. same with gametypes.
skins: if theyre even, why not change them? wasnt it what we asked for in the original post?
Time: Any release of the mod wouldnt nessecarily mean its perfect, it just has to be solid. it cant be perfect if its not field-tested. there will be samll tweaks and updates to it. I would make sure theres no unfinished work in it, but as this project could literally never end, we have to make deadlines as to what comes in and what later.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:50:07 am by [a] LYNX » Logged

[a] LYNX
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 10:27:13 am »

Why does the GRPA mod need to be combined with the *DBL mod? Any mod can already be used if both clans agree. Also, for awhile there were 2 DBL mods, why can't people also activate 2 mods again? I don't see any benefit from combining the mods especially since everyone already has both mods, and if you combined them everyone would have to download the one big mod to have all the maps they already had.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
[a] LYNX

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:00:01 am »

the reason is simple: the mess produced by all these mods. as far as i can tell there will be more than one mod already for dbl if it undergoes an update. its easier to install if its combined. its making it a more professional and consistent experience. i believe that *dbl is *the* standard mod and that grpa has some really cool mods that could regularly make it into this standard. its not necessary, but it would be nice.

[a] LYNX
PUNiSHER™

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:37:10 pm »

I agree with Monoman I still don't see the point in adding the GRPA maps when everyone already has them.  Now when people host regular games on GR they are going to have 2 of some maps in their map list. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads