*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:02:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN
| | |-+  Feedback on Admins & moderators
| | | |-+  Why the ban?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why the ban?  (Read 6886 times)
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« on: June 08, 2005, 03:02:39 pm »

To: Spike.

2 questions for you my almighty admin...

1: You banned me. Why?
I really don't understand.

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8738.msg118265#msg118265

I read the "DAMN Forum Guidelines" and don't see how I violated any rules. Additionally, I didn't flame, call anyone a "moron", tell them to "shut the fuck up" or call anyone a "pitiful troll". How am I the one that gets banned? Seems ridiculously unfair. While I admit I wasn't exactly forwarding the conversation topic, I've certainly read threads of that were far worse.

Also... isn't there some sort of warning system that comes before banning a community member?

1: What's "banned" mean?
I can post here. What am I banned from?

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:24:53 pm »

Actually, you havn't been banned yet.  Spike can threaten you with a ban all he wants, but only Mauti and Elandrion can actually ban somebody (thank God!).  And seeing as how those two are currently hard to find...it might be a while before they even take it into consideration.  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

STFU

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 03:36:59 pm »

Thanks Sniper.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 09:13:21 pm »

yep, i didnt actually ban you. i was thinking ban when what i meant was warning. I just noticed my mistake. Try pm'ing me first to ask what I meant.

Oh, and I may not be able to ban you, but I can delete every single post of yours I find in the dbl forum, effectively banning you. It's crude, but it will work.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 09:22:50 pm »

Oh, and I may not be able to ban you, but I can delete every single post of yours I find in the dbl forum, effectively banning you. It's crude, but it will work.

Careful Spike...that falls dangerously close to abuse of admin powers.  You can't just delete his posts "just because" you want him banned.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 09:32:59 pm »

No, but if I get the agreement of all of the other admins because of blatant flaming, I think it would be okay. I'm not saying I'm going to, I'm saying the ban threat is not an empty one, because there are other ways to go about it. I don't want to ban anyone, but if there is blatant flaming going on, I'm going to do my damndest to stop it...as long as the other mods agree.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -

STFU

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 09:44:21 pm »

Ban, warn... whatever. You're still not answering my question, Spike. What did I say that was worse than the swearing and name calling that the other guy laid on me. Maybe you're getting the names turned around or something??!!

Please be specific because I would want to have to put you through all the trouble of deleting my posts.

And I'm sorry I didn't PM you first, but I thought this thread was for feedback to/for the Admins. Of course, I see now that you're only a "Staff Member" and not a real "Admin", but I don't get the difference with that either... espeically when you have privledges to lock posts.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 10:38:37 pm by [:] Mr. T » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 10:13:12 pm »

And I'm sorry I didn't PM you first, but I thought this thread was for feedback to/for the Admins. Of course, I see now that you're only a "Staff Member" and not a real "Admin", but I don't get the difference with that either... espeically when you have privledges to lock posts.

This section is for the feedback about admins, which is why none of the admins have any power here (except Mauti and Elandrion).  Staff Member and Admin are the same thing.  He is both.

Spike, I agree.  If someone is flaming, that is just cause to delete their posts.  Just don't delete all of his posts because you want him banned...that's all I was saying.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 10:41:48 pm »

GS, if I can't ban him, and he is flaming, and all the other admins agree, what else am i going to do? sit by and watch him do it? no way.

And Mr. T, I warned you for your prozac comment. It's just a warning, not a ban. I typed ban, when I meant warning, I'm sorry. I warned everyone else as well. You aren't going to get banned, hell theres no one to ban you. I'll delete out of line posts as I see them. Your prozac comment was baiting him and insulting him, niether of which leads to constructive debate. Therefore, I warned you.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -

STFU

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 11:33:14 pm »

Okay... I understand now. Suggesting someone take "Prozac" gets you on the warned list, but calling someone a "moron", "pitiful little troll" and telling them to "shut the fuck up" just gets you a verbal warning. Got it!

Thanks for clarifying and apologizing.

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 11:45:13 pm »

Okay... I understand now. Suggesting someone take "Prozac" gets you on the warned list, but calling someone a "moron", "pitiful little troll" and telling them to "shut the fuck up" just gets you a verbal warning. Got it!

Thanks for clarifying and apologizing.

Uh, I got on the same list as you, and having my name that close to a pitiful lowlife like yourself is punishment on a greater scale than being banned, shot, or tortured.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2005, 11:59:57 pm »

Typhy thats another warning for a ban. This section is not here so that you can abuse the lack of moderation until Mauti or Elan return. Complaint was made against an admin, its been partially resolved and there is nothing that needs to be added until Mauti returns.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 12:19:15 am »

Typhy you can send me PM's with every other work saying f*cking but it makes no difference.

You fucking have no fucking athority over that fucking section of the fucking forum. Because of that, you fucking can't fucking warn me for things I fucking say there. He fucking quoted something from my fucking post, and I fucking responded to it.

It's fucking not a good fucking idea for you fucking dumbfucks to talk big when you fucking have no fucking one to fucking back up your fucking words.

Fucking loosen the fucking fuck up especially when you fucking can't fucking back up what you fucking say.

Feel free to continue i really don't mind. Don't be surprised when you are banned however.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2005, 12:21:39 am »

BFG, incase you haven't been tipped off already, I don't give a flying fuck.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2005, 12:41:21 am »

BFG certainly seems to be in a flaming mood today. PM stands for Private Message BFG... You violate that and then threaten the victim.

Where is Mauti?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster

STFU

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 01:00:24 am »

I'd like to thank everyone for taking such an interest in my issue. I feel so loved.

Have a pleasant and productive day.

[:]Kurtz

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2005, 02:53:06 am »

PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZACPROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZACPROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC PROZAC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads