*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:36:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  GhostSniper's Quiz Corner (Moderator: BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  May Quiz!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Send this topic Print
Author Topic: May Quiz!  (Read 7501 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: May 15, 2005, 02:45:43 pm »

Here it is, the May Quiz!  This month the winner of the quiz will receive a donation in their name to the charity of their choice in the amount of $50.  The quiz will be a general knowledge quiz, and since it's for charity, it might not be quite as hard as last month's quiz.  Wink

Good Luck!

General Knowledge Quiz:

1. Which one of the U.S. Air Force Century Series fighters was never used in the Vietnam War?

2. What is my favorite T.V. show (you might want to look back at previous posts in this forum)?

3. Who is the only American President to have been awarded the Medal of Honor?

4. What day did I officially join this forum?

5. How many colors could you get the original Ford Model T in?

6. How many *DAMN Admin does it take to screw in a lightbulb (your guess is as good as mine...but make it FUNNY!)?

7. What day did Apple Computer go public on the Stock Exchange?

8. What is the maximum amount of RAM I can put in my Single-Processor 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 Tower (careful, this is a trick question)?

9. What does John 15:13 say in the King James Version of the Bible?

10. In the 1980's show Knight Rider, what is Michael Knight's real name on the show (before they had to change his name to Michael Knight to protect his identity)?
[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 12:00:02 am »

Funny how quickly people's interest drops when it's no longer for their self-benefit.

Sad

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 12:16:45 am »

Funny how quickly people's interest drops when it's no longer for their self-benefit.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

:MoD: Nomad

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 04:28:21 am »

GS,

Is your email working, I sent off answers on Thursday and I havn't heard back from you.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 04:51:16 am »

Let me check...[/size]

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 04:25:09 pm »

Congratulations to :MoD: Nomad on winning the May Quiz!

The correct answers are:

1. Which one of the U.S. Air Force Century Series fighters was never used in the Vietnam War?
Convair F-106 Delta Dart

2. What is my favorite T.V. show (you might want to look back at previous posts in this forum)?
Alias

3. Who is the only American President to have been awarded the Medal of Honor?
Theodore Roosevelt

4. What day did I officially join this forum?
September 30, 2003, 02:46:55 am

5. How many colors could you get the original Ford Model T in?
4 - Red, Green, Grey, Blue - Bit the Green and Blue had appeared to be nearly black.

6. How many *DAMN Admin does it take to screw in a lightbulb (your guess is as good as mine...but make it FUNNY!)?
One -  All the admins will be in a meeting discussing how to screw in the lightbulb. while this is happening, one admin will decide to make a decision on his/her own and change the lightbulb, probably will get electrocuted screwing it in wrong.

7. What day did Apple Computer go public on the Stock Exchange?
December 12, 1980

8. What is the maximum amount of RAM I can put in my Single-Processor 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 Tower (careful, this is a trick question)?
8 Gig

9. What does John 15:13 say in the King James Version of the Bible?
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

10. In the 1980's show Knight Rider, what is Michael Knight's real name on the show (before they had to change his name to Michael Knight to protect his identity)?
Michael Arthur Long

Nomad will receive a donation to the charity of his choice in the amount of $50!  Good job!

-GhostSniper Out.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 06:22:42 am »

One -  All the admins will be in a meeting discussing how to screw in the lightbulb. while this is happening, one admin will decide to make a decision on his/her own and change the lightbulb, probably will get electrocuted screwing it in wrong.

Hahahaha...

Nomad should get an extra $50 just for that.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 06:30:39 am »

Hahahaha...

Nomad should get an extra $50 just for that.

Eh, I was thinking "None, *DBL Admins do not have the athority to do such important tasks as screwing in light bulbs without discussing it in multiple meetings and in at least a 3 page thread in the admin section, and then seeking aproval from Mauti, who will make the decision without researching the admin discussion at all, and will screw in the lightbulb in such a way that it falls out again after 2 minutes"

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 03:17:45 pm »

lol

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 03:31:43 pm »

indeed, Admins should do whatever the hell they feel is right, should totally ignore all guidelines and rules and should just throw their weight about without any consideration for the outcome. afterall what is the point in working in a team, its much better just to do whatever you think is best without any discussion -
hang on Typhy which is it, first your complaining that Mauti runs the show and is a dictator, and then your complaining that decisions are made through debate and the input of a group vote... um ? Lips Sealed

ps the answer is 6:

1 to announce that the light-bulb must be changed
3 to agree that the light-bulb does indeed need changing and elect a light-bulb changer
1 to change the light-bulb
1 to announce that the light-bulb has been changed

Wink

ps nice job nomad Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 04:19:23 pm »

ps the answer is 6:

1 to announce that the light-bulb must be changed
3 to agree that the light-bulb does indeed need changing and elect a light-bulb changer
1 to change the light-bulb
1 to announce that the light-bulb has been changed

lol...I like it!

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 09:29:10 pm »

I'm commenting that decisions are made in an incredibly inefficent manner, and are often made poorly. I'm also commenting on the fact that in the past, Mauti has totally ignored the conclusions of the admin team and made his own ruling.

Thankfully, I got out of that ineffective shit hole, took my clan and won the BL.

For a task as simple as changing a light bulb, we shouldn't have a bureaucratic process that wastes everyones time.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2005, 10:32:58 pm »

Thankfully, I got out of that ineffective shit hole, took my clan and won the BL.

be a big boy and say the truth... you got kicked from the adminteam for very good reasons.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 10:51:53 pm »

Okay guys, take the rest of this argument to the General Gossip, or better yet, the Feedback Box About Admin.[/size]

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2005, 10:54:38 pm »

be a big boy and say the truth... you got kicked from the adminteam for very good reasons.

Forgot that telling the truth, and saying what you think while an admin is a sin.

Mauti sent me a PM, asking if I thought I could work with you. My answer was no.

However you have made your decision very clear, and I thank you for your honesty. As a consequence of course it is better for all of us that you leave the BL team and retire as admin. Thank you very much for the endless constructive hours you have put into this season, and the seasons before, but we are at a point where we have to go to into different directions to reach the same or similiar goal.

You are a now a normal member of this community.

Have a nice day,

Mauti

My grandparents faught against people like you. One of my countries proudest days was VE day, when we defeated your sort.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 10:59:17 pm »

ffs me and my stupid freaking fingers, i should have known to ignore it and just talk about lightbulbs. leave poor old GS's quizz corner alone, GS if you like feel free to spring clean and wipe my post etc off Smiley

ps, Junes coming up... any thoughts yet on the next quiz, i fancy having a decent bash at the fully monty! Smiley

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 11:02:01 pm »

Okay guys, please keep the Quiz Section clean by posting only quiz-related material.  Leave the admin-bashing for one of the other more appropriate forums.

As for the June Quiz, BFG, I'm thinking maybe a movie quiz!
[/size]

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 12:20:06 am »

Excellent sounds right up my street Cheesy

:MoD: Nomad

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 03:35:55 am »

Hey BFG

Thanks, it was nice to win and donate the cash. I noticed you donated your winnings last month, good job. this proves that MoD is a bunch of good guys.

And, where the hell have you been, havn't seen you around for months. Hope all your hard work in school has paid off. Hey how did that thing work out with the nurse, hehe.

Nomad
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2005, 04:15:49 am »

:MoD: retires from gaming and becomes a professional quiz-taking team.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic Print
Jump to:  

Ads