*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:47:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132953 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: can i enter a team instead of a "clan"  (Read 4351 times)
Nico
« on: April 02, 2005, 01:23:41 am »

heya all i have a quick question about the dbl, in order to regester does one have to be on a clan, with afffiliation, and clan tags? or can a bunch of guys call them selfs a team with out tags, affilation and all that jazz?

thanks
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 01:29:31 am »

heya all i have a quick question about the dbl, in order to regester does one have to be on a clan, with afffiliation, and clan tags? or can a bunch of guys call them selfs a team with out tags, affilation and all that jazz?

No, you don't have to be in a clan.  That is exactly what the FFA Ladders were designed for...people who were not in a clan.  So you can register as an individual.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Civrock

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 01:33:28 am »

well... to participate in the *DBL team ladders, though, you'd have to sign up your team and choose a team-tag. after that every team-member would have to sign-up for respectively join the roster of your team on the BL site.

so basically, heh... you don't have to call yourselves "clan" but you'd need a tag and yeah, you'd have to be kinda affiliated to it here also.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Nico
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 01:34:28 am »

but what if i dont want to be in the ffa, me and a couple of buds want to play as a team but have no affiliatoin out side of the dbl we'd only play on one team in the dbl but play as individuals on reg games is that possible?
Civrock

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 01:52:43 am »

the only problem i'd see is that other clans, in the ladders you'd participate with your team in, couldn't recognize you as team easily (cause of no tag) and see if you got enough online for a CB. Wink

since you'll have to choose a tag on the BL site anyways, though, and also be signed-up for the team... what is the problem with simply showing it on GameRanger?

0 Duncan Idaho

Crucify the ego, before its far to late.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 02:02:09 am »

Can a member of a clan who hasn't individually registered on the DBL for that clan register for a different team?

Example:
Dr. Randomdude, who doesn't feel like battling with Dr. (not that good, not serious about DBL, or whatever), wants to play with NAC (Not A Clan). Even though Dr. is a registered clan on the DBL, if Dr Randomdude doesn't register individually on the DBL with Dr, could he register with NAC? Obviously Dr. Randomdude wouldn't attempt to play in any CBs with Dr. or any team other than NAC.

Sorry this sounds a bit complex, but we wanna get the rules straight before an issue of breaking a rule would come up.

the only problem i'd see is that other clans, in the ladders you'd participate with your team in, couldn't recognize you as team easily (cause of no tag) and see if you got enough online for a CB. Wink

Our concern isn't so much about tags, but more importantly, who's eligible to play with who.

Little angel go away. Come again some other day. I'll never hear a word you say. The devil has my ear today...
Civrock

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 02:24:28 am »

you're only allowed to be signed-up for two clans in the BL as long as these two clans are not on the same (team-)ladders. you'd need two BL accounts also.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:10:53 am »

Are you trying to give people headaches here or is there some really weird motive for all this double talk? I just wanted to state that this will likely hurt you number of CBs due to the lack of visual indicators saying that you guys are a team.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
0 Duncan Idaho

Crucify the ego, before its far to late.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 09:59:02 am »

No weird motive other than we wanna play in the tourny (NCAA fever maybe) without the hassle of clannage. At the same time, we don't wanna break any rules, or cause any trouble.

I think we have it sorted out now, thanks everyone for the info and guidlines.

Little angel go away. Come again some other day. I'll never hear a word you say. The devil has my ear today...
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 01:10:36 pm »

I can honestly say there is no hassle to "clanage." Perhaps Nico has the wrong idea after PnS and ÅK. I wasn't aware there was going to be a tourney after this season.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads